Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offspring and house keys!

Offspring and house keys!

Do your children have keys to your house?

Well for some of us who have children who moved out and still have keys to the house add another challenge to the cross-dressing dad.

WTF sometimes they just show up, (Out of the BLUE)! and of course just walk right in.

Today work was called off, I thought cool I can go into Judy mode. Well I shaved twice then as I was pulling out the stash I heard foot steps.

Well Judy's not coming out to play today, Bummer! My daughter came home unexpected, and when she dose she always comes looking for me.

Well maybe Judy can come out to play to morrow?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

My two kids have keys to my house, as well as my bi-weekly cleaning lady. I just tell my kids to please call before coming to make sure I am there, wink, wink! Surprisingly they do call before coming over. Try it and it may work for you. It may also take a few reminders along the way too.

One problem I have is they come over to shower, eat, or use my tools and feel it's OK even if I'm not home.
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!

My two adult daughters also have free access - it took me years, but they both know now. Much easier. They even have gone with me to the weekly GNO,

Could you change the locks? More modern ones for better security of course! Oh, and there were only two keys provided. You'll get around to getting some more cut at some point but you never quite manage to do so......

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    Even though my children are adults with children they still have keys to my house, at some point they may need to gain access besides it's still their family home and are still welcome. It's easier when they all know about your dressing so if they come unannounced they take that chance, i will add I wouldn't do it deliberately !

Banned Read only
    I have an adult son and daughter. The son lives a four minutes drive away. The daughter is thirty-five miles away. Each has a house key, but, the rule is do not just barge into the house without at least knocking and preferably calling first. Both work and usually do not show up unexpectedly. My son may be in the neighborhood driving a dump truck or his car, but, he always calls ahead. I always make sure the only feminine stuff that is out is what I am wearing. The rest is either in their storage boxes on hanging in the walk-in closet. I always forego makeup because it is too much of a bother. Frankly, a close shaven works just as well. Also, if you think a woman's nose does not detect the scents that are in cosmetics you are mistaken.

Hi Judy,

Yes, my two daughters both have keys to the house. This is something my wife and I have started talking about. Our youngest leaves the house later this year for college and Linda hopes to have more of a free reign.

That being said we're discussing ground rules for the kids because we don't want them just dropping in unannounced.

All but one of them still live at home. They all have keys, and friends that stop over at times.
    My kids all know and see me dressed all the time. I am sure they have told their friends as well.

some of the friends stop in un-announced. to this point I have been lucky and not dressed as Raychel
    but I can see the day when that happens. Not sure what I will do that day.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Good subject! Having an adult daughter who is like a best friend (but doesnt know about karen) she drops by but usually texts me from the driveway. Not much time. Being comfortable wearing my preferred clothing around the house i always second guess myself " have i left anything out" and as another mentioned the smells of makeup or fragrances or my worst is i love nail polish- so i usually burn incense when applying or removing and keep a pair of socks close by to slip on . A slide lock on the inside of the door I'm considering also.

My daughter never comes to my house, without calling first. She has done that from day one.

Platinum Member
    Hi Judy, Both of our grown daughters and grand daughters have keys and the alarm code
    to our home and that's the way mywife and I want it. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Excellent subject!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    My two kids have keys to my house...I just tell my kids to please call before coming to make sure I am there, wink, wink!
    My folks live very nearby and I have their key. I've never been asked to knock or call before coming over and as such, I rarely do so.

This brings up a kind of parallel situation which I am currently dealing with. As my children get older, they come and go on their own rather than being tied to mommy when she goes out. This means that what I used to call QGT ("quality girl time") is pretty much out the window these days. Makeup? Perish the thought. Luckily my longish hair has rendered makeup non-essential to how I feel about myself over the last several years, at least when I am at home. But still, I hate not having the run of the house without being on pins & needles if I choose to put something on when everyone is out.

This of course leads me to ponder what-if's and solutions. The most simple one is to disclose my TG nature to my kids. This has been in my thought process for a couple years but lately it is picking up some steam. This isn't because I wish to run around wearing a dress in front of my children, I have basically no desire to do that. Instead, my desire is rooted in being honest about this part of my being and also to have the opportunity for them to call ahead before coming home which would give me a bit more freedom while keeping the actual visual of "dad in a dress" out of their heads.

For those who choose to keep this walled off from their children, let this be an example to show that it doesn't get any easier as they grow up (if you haven't thought ahead that far, I sure didn't). This doesn't change once they are out of the house if they live close and have a key to your pad.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Reality Check
    My children live 400 miles away and do not have keys or the alarm code. In ten years, each has come once and with prior planning.

My two closest neighbors have keys and the code, but just for when we are away. They would never just walk in for no reason.

Last Saturday my daughter dropped by with her new boyfriend. Mimi and I were back from a jewelry show and I was relaxing in my long t-shirt dress. No explaining that away, so I shook hands and invited him in. He didn't bat an eye and we sat and chatted for an hour or so. Nice fellow!

The upside is that I now don't have to keep anything from him!

My stepdaughter knows that she must always text if she is going to come to the house.
    So far, I've had to change back to drab once, and it was not fun. And yes, makeup would be a challenge, but I can always lock myself in the bedroom. She usually comes just to pick some things up.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

My Grandson is staying with us for a time and has a key. He works part time and shows up whenever. Almost got bussted a few times.
    Angie

My son lived close with keys, moved away, and is now moving back. As much as I missed him, I certainly enjoyed the freedom to dress whenever i wanted to. When I dress I always lock the doors, that way I at least have time to run to the closet when I hear the locks.

Judy, we all love our kids and yes, there is always tomorrow. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You can change the locks, but then you'll have to explain why they don't get a key. So you might as well explain, without changing locks, that they are still family but no longer members of the household. Your privacy (you can come in when I answer the door) and schedule (call before coming) need to be respected. It's not asking too much.
    Hardware changes (new locks, inside security chains, deadbolts) may seem to be the preferable and non-confrontational approach , but in the long run, behavioral change is best.
    If I had an emergency I would want family members to be able to get in, but that doesn't give the freedom to barge in whenever. Just be gentle but firm when having the talk. If it doesn't work, you're forced to change the locks.

None of our seven children have keys to the house, but all know that as long as they call ahead they are always welcome. They all know about my dressing but I prefer not to be seen dressed

I am sure we have all had that 'Bummer' feeling. It is so disappointing!!!! However, another day will either come, or you will make an opportunity with what little time you have.
    I can't tell you how many times I have made out of twenty minute opportunitues, when the urge to dress is so strong! Sure it may only be wearing a bra, or some lipstick and earrings, but whatever the item(s) chosen, the urge is calmed and some satisfaction is embraced.
    Longer times will come.....,thankfully!
    DI

My son dropped by the other day as I was coming out of the shower. I opened the bathroom door as he came in the back door. I only had on a pair of pants and my red toenails. He just said "nice toes, Dad" and we visited for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    My son dropped by the other day as I was coming out of the shower. I opened the bathroom door as he came in the back door. I only had on a pair of pants and my red toenails. He just said "nice toes, Dad" and we visited for awhile.
    LOL does he know!

My two kids still live in the same town as I do, and my wife's two kids live far away.
    NONE of our 4 kids have a key to our house. My kids know to call or text before they just show up. I have told my daughter about my dressing so she understands. I think my son knows, although I have never told him directly about my dressing habits.