Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you out there are sitting at work wondering, if they only knew?

I do wonder how they would react. I manage a group of nearly all men. Most of them don't strike me as the supportive type, but that would not be know until they found out. I also wonder, how many of them may share the same hobby. My bosses are a bit more supportive generally.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I work in a predominately male uniformed crew. Some have noticed clear nail polish before. As I get closer to retirement, I plan on getting my ears pierced and maybe entertaining some hormone therapy. I often wonder if any of my coworkers transcend as I do. Of course, if they do, they're very high on situational awareness and keep it undetected as I do. Diversity is the flavor of the month so I often wonder what would happen if I announced to HR or my VP (all female btw) that I was transgender. Probably full acceptance and high fives that they had a token TG for their diversity rainbow. And then joke and giggle about the freak in private. Humans be humans.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Oh god yes. Not just at work but practically anywhere or everywhere, I have that if they only knew running through my mind. I also like to try to spot the cder. Usually though I only come up with a few maybes lol.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    I've found many times you do not have to "wonder" what somebody is thinking. When Caitlyn Jenner made her first appearance, especially on the Vanity Fair cover, many people had a lot to say. Some of what I heard from people I know or encountered ranged from supportive but not understanding to the most vile things someone could say. It seemed there is an assumption unless you are presenting as a female most people just assume you're not anywhere on the transgender spectrum.

I think the women I've know would be understanding, if not supportive. I still ascribe there is a big difference in the public's mind between a trans person "trapped" in the wrong body and a cross dresser. The vast majority of men who I associate with are understanding of trans men and women, but, cut it short of supporting some issues.

On this subject one really has to be careful of "outing" oneself to everyone, because, there is the real possibility of lost friendships, employment, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephani47"
    I think the women I've know would be understanding, if not supportive. I still ascribe there is a big difference in the public's mind between a trans person "trapped" in the wrong body and a cross dresser. The vast majority of men who I associate with are understanding of trans men and women, but, cut it short of supporting some issues.
    I think some of the reasons why women are generally more supportive to CDing is that 1. it does not threaten them. 2. is that women are more likely to feel a person should be able to live how they wish to, be who they really are, so long as it isn't hurting anyone. Men are sometimes a bit more rigid, and of course, refer back to number one more than anything...

Stephanie, I think most people have very little understanding about a CDer as opposed to a TS person. For most, they sort of see only one thing. Mostly because there has been a lot more media presentation of those who are or have transitioned than those who CD but identify as men. People know that simple CDing exists, but I think they question it. I think this is why a lot of wives have a fear their CD husbands will one day decide to transition. CDing is often looked upon as part of the path, and why wouldn't it? The stories of those who transitioned, and Caitlyn Jenner is among them, usually consists of years of secret private CDing.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

When I first started, I was very nervous about it. When a co-worker looked at my pantyhose-covered ankle and point-blank asked if I was wearing pantyhose, I almost swallowed my heart as it dropped into my stomach. With all of the strength I could summon, I simply told her that I was wearing special, thin compression knee-hi's to help with my peripheral neuropathy (which I actually have suffered with for many years due to non-diabetic nerve damage). She accepted it and apologized for embarrassing me. A couple of years later, a second co-worker, this time a man, did exactly the same thing. I was wearing women's thin white knee-hi light compression trouser socks over white pantyhose so I told him the same thing I told the first co-worker. He accepted it and apologized for embarrassing me as well. After that incident, I started wearing black trouser socks over my pantyhose which created a man's dress-sock appearance and I was never bothered again. I never worried about panties but I did stop wearing camisoles when I noticed that the straps were somewhat visible through my shirts.
    Lisa

I do it all the time. I also sit there and wonder who else?

When I was younger before transition and still working as male. The only under-dressing was panties, it made NO sense to have two kinds of underwear.
    I did other more obvious things. Long hair slightly styled, pierced ears, electrolysis, and HRT. The pierced ears took some ribbing. The HRT and budding breasts took some hiding.

I do wonder all the time. I wonder how many awesome friends i'd have if I could tell more people. Or like others have said, who else is like me.
    -shelby

This is funny because I had so many co - workers ask me what I did on halloween and that night I won first prize in a costume contest and have my picture on the back pages of a gay magazine. LOL
    2 weeks ago folks were asking about the long weekend and I was at a big event. Lots of pictures were taken and I said oh the weekend was not too bad and not too much going on. LOL

I wonder anytime I'm underdressed what the people around me would think, especially coworkers. I am involved in local politics and sit in front of a room full of people always wearing panties. I wonder what they'd think. I live in 'redneckville' and don't think too many would be very tolerant. Personally, I don't care all that much how people think of me but I care how it would affect my family.

For some reason it never occurs to me that others could be underdressed or dress in secret. But of course some do. Being new to this forum I suspect that participating here will make those kind of thoughts more prevalent. We'll see.

At this time, I'm at work and wearing black panties, garter belt and nylons. Earlier today I wore self supporting thigh highs. I just love the feel of the elastic squeezing my thighs and the feel of a bra tightly on my chest. The only thing better is the feel of garter straps on the front of my thighs and drapped down my butt and upper thighs.

Liz57

I'm now retired, but underdressed at work fairly often. Although I am pretty sure no one could see my bras under my shirt, every once in a while I thought I saw a female co-worker looking at me as if she knew...probably my paranoia, but one never knows.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha V View Post
    I have had these thoughts cross my mind and wondered who would be surprised angry disturbed or totally supportive.
    Not where I work now. I'm fully out as bigender. I've even gone to a gender conference with colleagues in girl-mode. YMMV.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

I have sat there at work pondering that for years. I drove for a living and under dressed for 20 years. A trip to the doctors office convinced my wife that heavy support stockings of pantyhose would help my legs. I now get to wear pantyhose and panties without any problem at home. I now travel a couple months a year and wear bras also when in our stores. I wear wigs while on the road driving and when the last store is finished for the day the tee/sweat shirt and jeans come off and the skirt blouse and heals go on for the trip back or to the hotel. Stop for gas etc. Yes I have had a few angry incidents but for the most part no problems.

I don't sit at work but I do wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by LaSirenaBella View Post
    Not where I work now. I'm fully out as bigender. I've even gone to a gender conference with colleagues in girl-mode. YMMV.
    I wish I was more brave! There'd be a lot less whispering at work. Not sure anyone would be surprised and they might be supportive.

But at my previous job some people were not tolerant.
    Last edited by Lexi_83; 04-30-2016 at 03:38 PM.

I work on a ship.

One day the XO came in acting very agitated. He then proceeded to tell me that there was a "cross dresser" in the crew.

I found that very amusing and had to struggle to not start laughing. I underdress at work all the time and was sitting there wearing my panties and hose while he said this.

I inquired on how he knew this, wondering slightly if he meant me. He responded that there were woman's panty's in a guys dryer in the launder room. The ship has only one large central laundry for the entire crew.

It was much adieu about nothing. I told the XO that "I didn't care" if there was a cross dresser in the crew. If they didn't cause any trouble I wasn't going to make an issue out of it.

I did go down and check the offending items. Male bikini briefs in grey cotton. I knew from just that they weren't a cross dressers. If you're going to do it then pick something nice and feminine!

I think that everyday. I underdress 24/7. Some days I wear more than others. I always wear panties and light makeup and perfume to work. Some days I also wear bras and fem tops under my boy clothes. I am always wondering if anyone notices. I'm in a high profile position in my company so I see and talk to lots of people everyday. The biggest challenge is getting dressed and undressed in the open locker room of our company gym. I've been close to being caught there more than a few times. It's amazing how you adapt to getting undressed and dressed and covering yourself up while you do it.

I was outed at work a few years ago by a bra strap a female co worker saw now several. Know as I work in a domant female place always under dressed but yes I still wonder

I have worn bra, panties and stockings under my suit in work and they gave me such an erection I had to masturbate in the men's room. Felt lovely

Mickitv , I'am retired , so I don't go to work , but I'am reading this thread wearing , my grey push -up bra 38C , black panties , nice black and white short dress , and black strapped high heeled shoes and getting excited reading your comment.Thank You , Devone

I'd bet the farm, there are more of us out there who wear underneath, than anyone would guess. For some it's part of the progressive nature of cding, with others, like me, this is my form of the "feminine mystique"...the unknown. When I see a woman, I think....Is she wearing pantyhose, thigh highs, nylon stocking with a garter belt???? An underwire bra? a thong? Who knows? For me it's another "thrill". I am very passable (not bragging) and dress to the 9's, but occasionally "wearing underneath" is thrilling too. It all depends on my mood. Today, I'm dressed and have done some shopping, but earlier today, I got gas with a bra, panties, touch of mascara...thinking, "if only they knew...I just smile.

Panties4me
    I underdress 24/7. Mainly just panties but at work also shaping cami and sometimes pantyhose. Not too bad for a Correctional Officer.😨 And yes I wonder if there are others at work doing the same. I also look at female staff and wonder if their underwear is as nice as what I am wearing.lol.

I do all the time

I work from home occasionally and usually dress.
    On conference calls all the time. If they only knew!
    Keely

One of the Reds