Thread: Week one.

Week one.

Well, today Rebecca is one week old. A lot has transpired this week. My wife continues to show incredible understanding. She commented today that she feels closer to me than ever before. She also mentioned that the notices that I am much calmer, and less jumpy than I used to be. She has been asking all kinds of questions lately. How long do you like your skirts..?? What kind of material do you like..?? What colours do you like..?? What size are you..?? Last night she asked me if I had a wig. I had to tell her that I turfed it in a fit of purging. She loves long hair and wants to make an appointment to get a fitting. She said she wants to take this all in at her pace, but her pace seems to be much faster than mine.

Rebecca, it sounds like you are quite the lucky girl. Enjoy this new phase of your life!

Oh god! you're such a lucky girl

Love.
    Rose.
    Something that feels so right can't be wrong. No matter what others may think.

It is very good to hear a story such as yours. And I am glad for the both of you, sounds like you both will have a wonderful marriage together.

You must be planning something special for your wife now.

Thanks for the support girls. To tell the truth, I seem to be the one who wants to slow it down a little. We talk about it every night after our 6 year old daughter goes to bed. She has never seen Rebecca, and does not wish to right now. She is however, willing to help me purchase clothes, makeup, and a good quality wig as I am sporting the Friar Tuck look. She is not a makeup kinda girl, and has very little experience in that field. To that end, we have made contact with a CD friendly makeup artist to get me started on lessons and a consultation. To be honest, I am kind of nervous about this. After years in the shadows, and slinking around, it's now out in the open, and that freedom is kind of daunting.

I agree with Gretchen and Rose. You are very lucky to have such level of acceptance. I hope you tell her how much you appreciate her - I'm sure you do!

My wife also noticed how much calmer and happier I was once I revealed my secret to her. I didn't realise just how much keeping a secret was stressing me out. It such a weight lifted isn't it?

(Usual caveat to those in the closet - only you can decide if coming out is right for you and you have to live with the consequences - good or bad.)

Yes Sarah, I even notice the difference in my demeanor. I am much happier, and much more affectionate with my wife. She really likes that part. I am finding that all those wall I have constructed over the years to hide who I was, were also poisoning my soul. No more.

Wow really an amazing story to live. Now just take it at your own pace tell her our still exploring yourself. I remember going through that a few years ago. Wish you the best.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rebecca, You are so lucky to have such wonderfulwife,
    Just be careful not to overwhelm her with this program. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    All good news Rebecca.

But don't overdo it. Be prepared that she may come to a point where suddenly she feels out of her depth, and you need to watch very closely for signs of this and be prepared to back right off. I've read here of similar delayed reactions.

I hope I'm not raining on your parade- you may just have hit the jackpot!
    I used to have a short attention spa

Just wait until you come home and she has all most all of your guy clothes boxed up and she wants you to take them to good will.
    When I asked her what was going on, she told me told me that since I had spent the most part of our first 40 years together as a man, that she didn't see and problem with me spending the next 40 as a woman.

So glad to hear that your wife is very supportive. My wife is the same way. Have fun and enjoy yourself.