Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Straight CD

The posting by Kandi Robbins make a lot of sense, especially this sentance:

"I fool no one, but because I try to conduct myself with some class and I am always smiling, people (mostly women) tend to be drawn to me."

In the end result, passing is really not all that important, but it is nice to be accpeted. Being relaxed and putting on a happy face goes a long way.
    I've noticed that when I go out on the weekend after a busy week, I can be a bit tense and my factial expression shows this. It can be even a bit frightening. This can affect the way others, such as store clerks, react. Last weekend I was not at all tense, and the clothes I was wearing made be feel extremley calm and relaxed. I don't know or even care if I was passing but the store clerks treated me with a degree of pleasentness and even kindness I don't get when I'm in drab!
    When you go out, make an effort to look pleasent, don't be uptight about how others may think of you. You'll just blend in and have a great time.

Yes what Kandi said! I am the same, I don't even try to pass sometimes. Just be you, and as many have alluded, a smile goes a long way, and a bigger smile can just plain make someone's day!
    Now get out there girl...damn the torpedos...full steam ahead!
    Chrissi
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    Imagine walking thru the woods and hearing sounds all around you, then waiting for the bear to jump out and eat you, but it's only a squirrel.
    but now imagine the squirrel was just running for his life from a land shark (that is being ridden by a zombie vampire) [who is throwing killer clams at you]

you just never know!

I've only gone out in public as Lainey a handful of times. I'm always a bit nervous for the first few minutes and then I begin to relax. The experience has always been positive and exhilarating for me.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I've been out in public dressed once, out for an evening with another girl from the forum, away from home, at a TG-friendly venue. At the start, I was mostly grappling with the idea that, OMG, here I am, outside dressed as a woman, and trying to walk decently in heels over uneven pavement for the first time. As the evening wore on, as we conversed with others, I was able to relax and just enjoy being me being dressed with other people and not alone for a change. I haven't been out since and I have no driving urge to go out solo, but I would go out again under similar circumstances.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Smile and be nice to others and usually the person will be nice back.
    Passing in some cases really doesn't matter as long as you are dressed appropriately and in good taste.
    I was out in 100% girl mode tonight and 4 or 5 tables over were two 30 something ladies and I caught them looking a few times but didn't let it bother me.
    I got up to add some croutons to my salad so I had to pass closer to them and I overheard one say to the other " Her boots are really cute and I love her jacket".
    I smiled as I walked back to my table thinking thanks ladies compliments are always nice.
    By the time they were done and walking out they both smiled as they walked past.
    I'm sure they "clocked" me but it didn't matter they accepted me in some small way which is all I can ask for.

Being out dressed is a conundrum. On one hand, there's a certain comfort, like I'm supposed to be how i am. Of course, that is tempered by some nervousness, worry about eye contact that could trigger the "man in a dress" alarm. No matter what the feeling, it's really worth it to go out as often as possible. It does get more comfortable and natural each time out, particularly as you are made to feel welcome by sales clerk, wait staff, etc.. As far as "passing", i try to fit in, dressing age and situation appropriate but in styles that I like. Another thing about passing: Understand that you might feel too tall, bad hair, too much makeup, not pretty enough, and any number of things. However, when you are out dressed as a male, look at what you believe to be GGs around you. How many don't fit some GG ideal? Fact is that they fit in just fine. If someone spots an imperfection when you are dressed, so what? Plenty of GGs aren't perfect, and they and those around them go about their business.