Thread: Do the muggles notice?

Do the muggles notice?

Of course they do.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

I often wear toe nail polish, but it's invisible because I don't take my socks off, except when I shower ...

and when I go to yoga. One of my yoga instructors was really cool with it, and we would even compare pedicures at each class. Well, there was one class where my regular instructor was out, and we had a substitute instructor. I didn't see this as a reason to hide my toes, so I took the class barefoot like every other day.

My regular instructor was back the following week, and he told me a funny story. She said that the substitute instructor contacted her during the week and said, "Do know that one of the guys in the class was wearing red nail polish?" My instructor told the substitute instruction, "That must be S. He almost always wears nail polish."

So, just because they don't say anything, doesn't mean they don't notice, but are too polite to say anything.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I frequently wear nail polish. Sometimes fingers, sometimes toes, sometimes both. This is something different from full-on crossdressing. I'm not quite sure what it is. I add little fem things in male mode. The nail polish, maybe heels, maybe makeup, maybe... you name it. I want people to notice... but I don't. Confusing. For me, it creates a tension between wanting to be noticed, perhaps even wanting to send a message (that I'm not even sure of what the message would be) vs. not being noticed. There's no such thing as blending when you're dressed like this. That's the way I want it, I think.

Damn right they notice. I can see the tension it creates in them, too. Look... Don't look. Say something (most likely a compliment) or pretend not to notice. I'm in the exact same quandary when I see it on someone else. I think it's awesome, yet I still don't know how to handle it. I love it every time someone acknowledges it out loud to me, but even knowing this I typically don't say anything to someone else who's doing the same thing.

As difficult as it is to understand/explain why I fully crossdress, this is even harder to understand/explain. The best I can come up with is that it's just fun! It makes me happy is all I know. Just another way I'm warped, I guess.

I was in my favorite watering hole on Monday evening when one of the bartenders and her SO (male) role in and state that they were just getting a pedicure. The guy is very masculine. He stated that he loves pedicure and gets his toes painted.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I split a toe nail one time (it hurts even worse than it sounds) and the doctor I reported to (on duty accident) told me to keep a coat of nail polish on the break and let the split grow out as long as it doesn't spread apart. Had a great excuse for a pedicure for a long time.

A key element in my theory of (our) life is that most will notice, few will care and even fewer would go so far as to say a word.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Last summer, went fully dressed to two city band concert in the parks concerts, and strutted around the university park five different days, and no one said a word, but hundreds saw me.

One of the things I enjoy about yoga is that it is mostly women and I can express myself with no problems. Oh, the workout is also great. I always wear a women's Fila Sport short sleeve top with male yoga pants and many times have my toes painted. I know my painted toes have been noticed, but nothing has ever been said.
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

I think a better title would be 'Do the muggles care?' IMHO, the answer is no.

That reminds me Steffi I need to shave my legs and do my nails. thanks hun.
    Angie

I almost always have nail polish on. Right now I have them green for St Patrick's Day, last month they were bright red for Valentine's.
    I get a lot of compliments on them at work.
    At Zumba class I usually have on leggings and a t-shirt, I think some peeps might notice my bra underneath, but nobody's said anything, and again, I get compliments.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Toes painted, and am not shy about them. Love getting pedis. I get compliments, get asked color or what salon often enough.
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Little things; like painted nails, makeup not completely removed, etc., etc., r great ways to out yourself if you're a closet dresser like me.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Most notice but are kind enough not to comment.
    I was at the grocery when two ladies in line in front of me complimented me on the color and asked which brand and color number.
    I was happy to tell them of course.Revlon alluring red # 900 BTW.
    One of them said it was nice that a guy cared enough about his nails to paint them and show them off.

Do they notice

My experience has been most don't. I have been painting my nails for a long time, albeit in a pale pink shade which is fairly neutral but whether paying in a store or my favourite coffee shop, where I am known, I have never seen anyone give me or my hands a second glance. Recently I've taken to wearing a bracelet and again no one seems to notice, and of course I always fully under-dress with breast forms and bra.
    Today I picked myself up a denim skirt and the other women around never stopped their own sorting of the skirts to even look at me.

It depends what you look like...... If you look like GG gorgeous or Jaz then the average Joe can't tell..... If you look like me then they can tell in 5 seconds flat and thats life. If they want to make a scene then I'm all for it.