Thread: I'm going to Paris on a crossdressing adventure...

I'm going to Paris on a crossdressing adventure...

In my continuing effort to explore my feminine side, I have established the boundary with my wife where she is not interested in me crossdressing at home but happy for me to do it away from home once in a while.

My dream when we agreed this was to go to Paris and visit the galleries while dressed.

I'm going in April and really looking forward to it. I have a few nice outfits to try out, but it'll be my first time going out so I'm hoping to be brave enough to go through with it!

Any tips or advice greatly appreciated.

Love,
    JamieJayXXX

Hey !!!

Good choice !!!

Welcome in the most fashion city in the world ! You'll enjoy your trip...I'm sure of that.
    No really place for CD here but if you want to go to the "louvre" or "Versailles", you'll be like at home, a lot of tourists !! but we love them !!...No need to go in paris !!!

If you want a guide or informations, you write me some days before your coming and it will be a great pleasure fot me to help you.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 03-07-2016 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Sorry, English only on the forum.

Having been to Paris several times one thing that I would suggest would be to be prepared for rain. Also, be sure to have comfortable walking shoes.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    Just remember the Louvre is HUGE! Don't wear heels. Of course the average American tourist will be dressed atrociously so you can't disappoint.

Lucky girl, best I got is an early morning on the back of the cruise liner
    I really wanted to to do Paris and London, but family was dragging me on really neat adventures instead.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Do not wear a skirt up le tour Ieffel. The wind is horendouse.

Thank you so much for your tips and ideas. I'm so excited about this trip. I've prepared for rain. I have some comfortable shoes, but of course some uncomfortable ones too 😍! I will be near Musee D'Orsay and I'm looking forward to seeing that but I'm open to adventure, so suggest away. What cafes, restaurants, bars would you recommend??

Love and hugs
    JamieJayXXX

Hi Jamie !

Don't be scared about rain, it could be sunny too,... it may be cold too. In April and May we have good days but the climat changes and every place on the Earth is affected !

So if it's the first time that you come in Paris, you have many things to do, to see.
    Big attractions of course like Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, Tour Eiffel, Sacré Cœur, Montmartre, Champs Elysées, les Quais de la Seine.
    How many time will you stay in Paris ?

If you want get out tourist attraction the evening, you can go to "Canal Saint martin". One of my favorite cafe is "Chez Prune". When the weather is good, you can "picnic" aboard the canal. You buy red wine, or white, some cheeses and "saucisson" and.... enjoy this moment.
    You have also "rue d'Oberkampf" where you can meet young french people, etudiant, and musical bars. It's not so far from Bataclan and Republic Place.

There's a lot of good restaurant in Paris but the best are not really in touristic place.
    One of my favorite one is "L'Auberge Etchegorry", South West french specialities, really really a good adress. You can eat "Cassoulet" and so many good things.

If you want more information, ask me by mail
    Last edited by Nine; 03-07-2016 at 07:13 AM.

What a fantastic project!
    Musée d'Orsay would be first on my list. Eiffel Tower can get hugely busy. You should really do a bateau mouche trip at some point, too.
    Enjoy it!
    Julia

Hi, This sounds like a dream trip. We read Culture Shock (A survival guide to customs and etiquette) France. I must have studied too hard as people were asking me for help in different shops, like I worked there. It did give good advice on blending in. Practice your "Bonjour" and try to take Nine's offer of help if you can. Also a great opportunity to wear scarfs!! Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

So many great ideas. I'm not worried about the rain, it's much rainier where I live. So, what about wardrobe tips? What would you pack?

In april, 53 - 59 °F maybe more but.... The evenings and nights may be cold, take one or two pull over in this case or you can buy one in Paris if it's necessary.
    For style and clothes all dépend of what you think to do...
    Contact me by private message

Banned Read only
    JamieJay,
    I wish you all the best in achieving your ambition.

Don't forget Paris is like any other city, some areas you don't take risks in. It does have a glamorous reputation but still take care. Using the right bathroom will still pose a problem, if you can find any and when you do hope they're not all out of order as we found !!

Oh for the restroom...I have a secret...I give it to you.
    I use to wash my hands before lunch...If the restroom is clean, it's OK.

Generally as I said before, don't go in restaurant located in touristic places...restroom are not so clean and food... quickly made and very often not home made.
    Prefer a restaurant where there is not a lot of choice and different choice for lunch and for dinner and if it's allways the same menu (with the same card)...it's not allways a good thing.
    Paris is like any other city, it's true, some areas won't be secure for TG or CD. Around Sacré Cœur and around the big train station (Gare du Nord). Forget the north and the east of Paris for CD walk. and take care in public transport specially at night and line 1 where you can see young pickpockets cause many tourist have money.
    In general don't put all your money in the same Pocket and take care, Roma, London have the same problem...victims of success!!
    You have the "Velib", public city bike in renting, you have a lot station and it's a good way to move and discover the city. Just take care of traffic, we're latins and Paris is also a city where people work and run after time, and some are a bit excited.

The most friendly TG area is "quartier du marais" in the center of Paris, you have a cafe called "la mutinerie", near of Pompidou center. Young TG, gay, lesbian and concert at night (often electro)
    Last edited by Nine; 03-08-2016 at 06:36 PM.

That's brilliant advice! Quarter du Marais it is! I love the idea of cycling too.
    Nine, I've sent you an email already, did you get it?
    Love and hugs
    JamieJayXXX

No !! I didn't !
    I send you one for test...

Hugs

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Was there a few years ago, Jamie. Our visit coincided with Bastile Day! It's easy to over dress if you're in tourist busy areas. Especially during the day. Some of the French do dress nicely for fancy, evening affairs, tho.

Study online and guide books before u go. There have important tips about times to do things and NOT to. And, places to shop and eat. There r so many places to go and see at nite that aren't typical tourist venues. But, be very careful where u go at nite dressed! I think u should consult or go with Nine. Paris is not very CD friendly as a whole. If u haven't been there before, don't let Jamie negatively affect what u want to do/see there. The City of Lite is amazing beyond compare!

I found nearly everyone speaks some English. But, learning a few words mite help u with the natives! Have a blast and TAKE PHOTOS of Jamie there!

IMGP9962 (550x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

We were just in Paris in early October (but in drab) and I'd agree withe the suggestions above. I'd also add you might want to consider a dinner cruise along the Siene. Based on advice from our hotel concierge we did the Batteaux Pariesenne dinner cruise. Great views of the various sights and the food was also very good.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Yeah, I'm going to be careful. I think that sounds like very good advice. I'm a little sad to hear that people think the city is potentially not cd friendly - oh well. Still going to try it but I have no idea how passable I'll be; meaning probably not at all! I will take pics and share though!
    Love y'all,
    JamieJayXXX

Quote Originally Posted by JamieJay View Post
    Thank you so much for your tips and ideas. I'm so excited about this trip. I've prepared for rain. I have some comfortable shoes, but of course some uncomfortable ones too ��! I will be near Musee D'Orsay and I'm looking forward to seeing that but I'm open to adventure, so suggest away. What cafes, restaurants, bars would you recommend??

Love and hugs
    JamieJayXXX

Jamie, the Musee D'lorangerie was probably my fave of all of Paris.....standing there in the middle of a lovely, curved room surrounded my Monets....that was fab. Amazing. Bucket list. And after the museum, just walking about 200 yards to the pools, buying a crème glaceé.....just sitting there on the benches....just soooooo kewl.

Yes, I was in drab with my spouse my very Francophone daughter, who spent a semester in Paris as part of her French/Econ double-major....at the Université De La Cité in the twenty-something Arrondissement

Other 'don't miss' outings is the 6 am daily mass at Notre Dame, even if you are not Catholic. In French of course. Absolutely breath-taking. Sacre Coeur (officially, the Basilique du Sacre Coeur in Montmartre) is spectacular....loved it. The Latin Quarter (5th and 6th arrondisements) is just a blast, so many small, quaint restaurants, the whole ambiance...LOVED IT!! We could live in the 6th Arrondisemént nooooooo problem.

Definitely one of my fave cities on earth. And yes, do NOT wear shorts!

Bon voyage, a bientot!

And Nine, vous êtes trés chanceux... ;o)
    Last edited by Helen 2; 03-12-2016 at 10:12 AM.

you might consider a security purse and wallet.... the kind that cannot be scanned and has chain versus small leather straps and good zippers... have a safe time on your wonderful trip... God bless

Well I can't agree more with Nine's advices!
    Paris is a wonderful city and April will (I hope) be sunny but quite frilly at night. Don't forget some pull over or sweater.
    As some said, Paris is not TG/CD friendly as a whole, even if most of the time people will just give you a look, some places are clearly not for you.
    Le Marais is a good advice, LGBT friendly, great places to enjoy your night, beautiful street for a sunny walk.

Versailles is full of Tourists, and as I was raised there, you can waive their weird look while walking the streets rocking some heels and nice dress, they're judging but to scared to talk ahah.

For more wardrobe tips, it all depends on what you are planning to do in Paris, walk? Enjoy fashion?...

Feel free to ask us, I'm sure Nine or I would be able to find the answer.
    "Fashion is neither moral or immoral, but it is for rebuilding the morale" Karl Lagerfeld

Hi Jamie-
    You are going to one of the best cities on the planet. The people are the most friendly and helpful of any city in Europe and I have been going there for many years mainly for a month at a time. When I get there each time, I can get nearly anything speaking my broken French.The best advice that I can give you is to work on your figure and face and clothing choices so that you substantially pass. It is so liberating to get dressed up in an attractive, in the direction of glamorous, dress and spend the day at the MFA in Boston. If people notice me it is with a pleasant smile or nice comment. I do not know if they read me or not, but the important thing is, I do not care. You cannot imagine how beautiful this feeling is.

Remember, if you are in a good part of the city, you can just go into any restroom in any restaurant and some may read you, and perhaps make a comment, but nothing bad will happen to you. Take an attractive female, light raincoat. Be sure to go to the l"orangeries where you will see Monet's water lilies., A high Mass at Notre Dame ( I have no religion.), and walk around Sacre Coeur. Go to the Louvre very early in the morning to avoid crowds and purchase your tickets online. Walk around in this area as well as near the Seine until you fine the restaurants with the character and food that are appealing to you. Get a metro pass and walk around the Tuilerie gardens.

Cast away any fears, smile and have fun.
    Jacqueline.