Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where does she go?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Where does she go?

Let's get physical! Well, metaphysical at least. Where does she go when you change back to boy mode?

Many of us spend a lot of time and effort in creating a female persona complete with name, fashion sense, wardrobe, experiences, likes and fears. We say we love the time spent as that feminine version of ourselves. But there are times when we feel we must present as our birth gender and take care of life's demands and expectations.

How far from your feminine self is your masculine self in behavior? Has it changed over the years? If there is a big difference, where does "she" go and does it seem that the greater the distance the more disruption there is while she is gone from sight? Do you think you are doing damage to your personality through this compartmentalization or do you think it's necessary to keep life under control?

Sarah is usually pretty close to the surface for me, although it doesn't normally look like it. Attitudes and interests remain the same and I think they may have been migrating toward the feminine but maybe it's always been that way. I've been told by more than one person that Sarah is more open and easier to get along with than Dave. She doesn't go anywhere, but for some reason I do behave differently but at those times it sure seems like she is somewhere else. Still working on finding that balance.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

That's an interesting question. I do seem to switch from girl mode to boy mode very easily. For example, last week, I spent Saturday morning girlie and dressed, then in the afternoon, I switched to male mode and watched sport, drank beer and shouted at the television (something that just doesn't seem right in girl mode).

In saying this, I've always had a softer, sensitive side which doesn't go away. It just gets hidden under the surface of my male mode and only those who are very close to me get to see it.

I don't think my two halves could be any different. There isn't much of a semblance at all. Though my male self has evolved due to my female self. Realizing my wants and desires made me who I am, and not a "freak", has made me much more accepting of others entirely.

-Shelby

Very interesting question. Unfortunately I cannot honestly give you a straight answer because although she has been around for as long as I can remember, I never really took time to get to know her myself until just a few years ago, much less give her space to step out to flex her wings.

For those who are into astrology, I am Gemini- (we do not believe in astrology, for the record) my 'twin' is always with me on the surface. just dressed in male clothes (which many gemini females prefer, supposedly)

This is a good question, and one worth looking into even if you think you know the answer to it.

Most people have more than one single persona- usually either fully integrated or functionally separate- and the ideal thing to do is to have a confluence of direction so that the person who the sum of the personas can function effectively.

We are complex. But this complexity is advantageous in social functions: we cooperate despite our independence. Well, many (or most, hopefully) do...

It is different for each of us. I am gender fluid and have talked about the switch from male/fem. I must say they are always present and male or female switches on any day or any time. I am a Libra, Both sides of my brain are operating and I am creative and intellectually curious. But for me the switch back and forth and seems to be more of a physical manifestation. I don't think there is any metaphysical or perhaps it is more biorhythms oriented.
    Part Time Girl

Intresting subject for me currently as I am deep in remodeling parts of my home (myself) and the focus unpleasantly snuffs "karen". I'm not a great multi tasker and want to get these things done in preparation for annual vacation across the pond. When there is too much going on I cannot relax, enjoy painting my nails, reading or listening to musik around the house as karen. Simply creates stress that I could do without as I know which life I would prefer. And when I have more frequently been karen, like every evening, I loose intrest in the gym, daily male responsibilities, and the male part of my life. But i'll forever have to accept the conflict. Really although I can...I'm tired of doing it all! The gap between the two of us is growing more & more. And although I have always been comfy in my situation, lately i feel a little counseling may not be a bad thing. So no...not easy. The switch is difficult as I don't want to always put her away.

Early on when I was thinking I was two separate beings sharing a body, I did an experiment to see when Jennie left the building. Once I had attained her, I could see her up until I took off the wig and then she was "gone" to me. Over the years I came to accept there's only one of me and now I can see the female in me when I'm in a man's suit and tie, or a dress or anywhere in between. But I still have that moment of resistance when it's time to take the wig off. I imagine Dumbo feels the same way about putting down the magic feather even though he knows he doesn't need it to fly.

But also over that time my mannerisms have changed, my walk and posture have changed and I always wear earrings and nail polish, so maybe I never lose contact with my femaleness because I don't try to suppress it any more. I tend to linger in the in-between state where I'm comfortable.

I came out to a long time gay friend years ago. He does not understand why any man would want to act feminine, or wear womens' clothes. He says men can be gentle, and sensitive, as men, and need not try to have a feminine side. I have always been sensitive sided, and submissive mostly. I don.t see much difference, but i do have a blue collar, get greasy and dirty male side, that i would not want my lady side doing.A bit confused.

Interesting subject. As I have only acknowledged Rebecca fairly recently (February 12). I know Rebecca is always there, just looking out of Richard's eyes. Even when I am doing "male" activities, Rebecca is always there. The sad part, is that I have always tried to shut her up, and push her away. I have lost too many years faking it as Richard, and not being real with regards to Rebecca. Years I cannot get back.

'She's' always here. 'She' takes on a MALE role and attire whenever in public, and does it so well that as far as 'she' knows, no one is aware of who she really is. She sometimes considers, perhaps, her acting skills might have been good enough to make a career in theater. And she also wonders if she'll ever find a mate again.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    There ain't no "her." I'm me and "me" is a guy who sometimes likes to cross dress and present as a woman. As crazy as that seems, it's what it is. Fortunately, because I am out to my wife, I can talk about fashion as well as biking with her; in either mode.

Banned Read only
    Where does she go!? More like where has she been...locked in a box with a big lock I think...she apparently found the secret latch though! For the most part, we have an agreement (visitation rights?) that's working pretty well (I have the body 8 hrs a day 5 days a week and she has it otherwise 😧 )

Joni and Jon are as different as black and white.
    Jon

Tommie took control last year as 'he' retired from life.... it has been much better. I and my wife like 'me' much more. The norm for me now is en femme and drab as needed. Patience with and loving yourself and those around you will find you your balance.... as said before it differs for all of us.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sarah, ORCHID is never very far away as Mr. Drab wears
    nail polish, chain necklace& bracelet and triple pierced earrings 24/7. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Great question. For me, SHE is always there somewhere. She my not be visable but, the feeling is there. I've always identified with women more and I work with mostly women. When they say "you're just one of the girls" they have no idea how good that makes me feel.
    On the other hand, while I love my time as Michelle, I equally love my man time working on my motorcycle, riding with buddys, watching and playing sports and just being a guy.

The Goddess is always with me and a part of me. When I choose to bring her out, there she is.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I used to refer to my fluidity as two separate entities, than when I finally, totally accepted myself as me I've found that I express myself through my clothing as to what persona I need to be, but both my "sides" are always there. It's just what mind set I need to use to perform the task at hand. Since I work in a macho male occupation I can exercise my maleness to a point that being femme is easier to express when needed, which seems to be more lately(weekends out and about),and after work in some form of femme dressing which just helps feel so much more natural. As I age it seems that I'm using up my supply of "maleness" so when I retire(I hope) who knows what persona will be more dominant? But I will always be as "one" in body and mind.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Reality Check
    "Where does she go?"

I hang "her" up in the closet. A lot of people claim to have different personalities or likes and dislikes when dressed as a woman. I don't see how strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig can change someone's personality. It doesn't change mine. I'm not for Trump when wearing pants and for Sanders when wearing a skirt.

I may try to change my walk or how I sit as Krisi, but it's still Homer inside.

Aspiring Member
    Good question. I'm mostly in drab these days. This morning I thought I'd dress up to cheer myself up on a grey day... but just didn't feel like it. I guess "she" has gone in hiding for a while. It happens. Where she goes is anybody's guess, but when she comes back she will certainly make it very obvious.

JeanTG, Same here. i am just too tired or lazy, or whatever to put her on lately, even though i had planned to, several times.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    She doesn't go anywhere. The shape might change the clothes certainly do. But the person's the same. There are mannerisms that need to be tempered, but they do still slip out occasionally, which can amuse or annoy my wife in equal measure, depending on the situation.

She (me) just slips beneath the waves of life (and the layers of boy clothes) like a mermaid waiting for the right time to surface and enjoy the wind in her hair.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    There isn't too much difference between Stephanie and her male counterpart. It's the clothes. I love the clothes. Based upon my recollections of psychology a person's inner makeup is pretty much set by age four. The attributes I have are shown in male and feminine mode. I'm as nurturing to my kids and grandchild as anyone would expect of a woman. Frankly, I think ascribing nurturing as an attribute to a woman is a bunch of bunk. I've many couples where the father is more nurturing than the mother.

Anyway, as a post World War 2 child my first three years were spent in a large home owned by a grandmother. My father was away to Baltimore for schooling under his GI bill. When he first worked he worked shifts that minimize his family time. So, I suppose my mother and grandmother and her female border had an influence on me.

I find it very easy to slip between the masculine and feminine because most of the time they are the same. I do call upon my feminine side to help with some stress issues...PTSD especially. I think it may be an outward diversion in my mind to appear feminine to escape the obvious male look as seen in a mirror.