Thread: Would you wear certain types of mens clothing to satify the feeling?

Would you wear certain types of mens clothing to satify the feeling?

This post is going to lean more to cross dressers, but welcome all opinions and comments. I don't dress too pass, I'm a guy who likes and at times prefers women's clothing. Knowing how cross dressing can makes things complicated with SO's, family and etc.. It had me wondering if wearing softer men's attire and etc.. would help satisfy my want of wearing some women's clothes without the drama that can come from wearing women's clothes out and about. As far as I know, there is no men's clothing that can compare to the feel of stockings, skirts/dresses, bra, heels and etc.. However, what about satin underwear(boxers or brief) and sleepwear? What about men's stretch jeans, pants and shorts?

I find myself preferring to wear something satin and soft too bed or when just lounging. Which feels great but can affect the social agenda of the evening if it is too feminine looking. So it had me thinking if I wore men's attire that had a similar feel, would it satisfy my need/want, without the potential negative consequences. Going to be conducting this experiment, but was curious if anyone else has tried it and how that turned out.

I love the feel of the stretch fabric jeans, ponte knit and etc.., however, they are cut for a body that I do not have. I have tried to find different styles and cuts, but it's a struggle. So am thinking about getting some men's stretch jeans for the cut purposes. Yet again, I wonder who else has tried this. Is all stretch fabric the same between the two?

One of the biggest struggles in my mind is it the feel of the fabric and/or the knowledge that it is women's clothing that drives me too women's clothes. My association with women's clothes is they are soft, delicate, pretty and etc.. So I do know there is no escaping the feel of the clothes, but when thinking about a couple of the clothes referenced above, it makes me wonder if there is more too it than just the material.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I think for me it can be about the fact it's women's and yes most women's clothes are nicer softer and I like the cut of some of them such as tee shirts tank tops and such. I love the colors too.
    I like the soft feel of night wear as well so yeah If they would make the men's styles identical then yeah maybe but they won't so I will stay with the women's styles

I feel the same way, it has to be specifically made for a women. I also been trying to see if dressing more stylish as a man would satisfy my needs, so far NO!
    The last wedding I went to I looked at all the men attire and you could hardly see any difference in the slight cut of the suites.
    But the women, anything and everything, color, fabric, from short skirt to full length gown, strapless, V neck, full makeup, endless styles of shoes, etc. not fair.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    No, I submit that if you had an array of "male" clothes in the exact same color and fabric as women's clothes, you would opt for the women's clothing because you are a cross dresser. The "itch" you have is to wear women's clothing. In fact, if women's clothing were only available made from burlap sacks, we cross dressers would be wearing burlap sacks.

I've try it it's not the same. They're not as soft and the fit is not right to big to feel good in. Had satin PJs in male didn't feel right my girlfriend got me some from VS and they felt fit right.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

“…but when thinking about a couple of the clothes referenced above, it makes me wonder if there is more to it than just the material.”
    Granted the feeling of softness of female attire and the fabric used are major attractions. However, I strongly feel that there is much more to it than just this. There are no types of male attire that would satisfy my needs to express my female aspect. I don’t even like female attire that even slightly resembles male attire. Pants are out along with those jackets, t-shirts and foot gear which, although sold in female clothing sections, would not be all that out of place worn by males.
    What attracted me to female attire ever since I can remember is just how cute girls looked in dresses, skirts, pretty blouses and cute shoes and socks. This type of clothing also looked so very comfortable. This is perhaps giving my age away but when I grew up girls tended not to wear pants or other masculine looking attire so much.
    For me there is far much more to it than the material. I am interested in what would traditionally be considered genuine female attire, skirts, jumper skirts, dresses, blouses, and shoes preferably with straps. All of this should have frills, ruffles, lace and the like, in soft pastel colors. As I have mentioned in previous postings for the past 5 years or so I have been interested in Lolita fashion, which is an extremely feminine fashion which flies right in the face of much contemporary female attire. During these past 5 years I have occasionally switched to more contemporary, also what would be considered very feminine looking attire but even this now seems to be lacking something. Being able to looking soft, feminine, and cute is what attracts me to female attire. Dressing in an almost extreme female fashion also goes a long way to passing or at least being accepted. The more feminine your clothing looks, the more feminine you look. I think you attract less scrutiny this way.

Silver Member
    No. Wearing men's clothing, even if in softer fabrics and colors, is still wearing men's clothing. It would not satisfy my desires. I also do not think it would really be crossdressing. I also need to appear to be womanly to enjoy dressing. I need wig, makeup, underwear and female shoes to feel and enjoy being dressed.

For me it has to be something super girl dresses no pants, so Idont see a middle ground
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

Reality Check
    I'm not sure I understand the question but Ill give it a shot.

I wear jeans from the women's department almost exclusively. They are a softer fabric than men's jeans and they have a tighter fit and stretch. They look like "jeans" so nobody questions them. You wouldn't get this past your wife, the size labels are different, but nobody else would know.

I wear plain simple women's panties and while I have some in red, green, blue, etc., nobody but my wife sees them. The black ones would probably pass as men's if anyone got a glimpse of them.

I have some turtleneck shirts and tee shirts that would pass as man's or women's.

I have my ears pierced and wear "male" earrings in public.

You have to assess your own situation and decide what's OK and what is not. We can only give you ideas to think about.

Platinum Member
    Hi Mandm, The closest that I ever thought that men's clothes ever felt feminine was when
    I wore a powder blue pleated shirt with a tuxedo at a wedding. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

To me, 'male' clothing is just bags. Rough, thoughtless bags to encase what would otherwise be strong and pretty. How many strength or muscle building competitors wear anonymous bags? Zero.

You don't have to be a 'specimen' to warrant that.

Pardon me, but we have a few gender issues here. Aside from cross tendencies, we have our genetics. Being pretty isn't just reserved for XX people.

You can present as your opposite type, and pull it off well... but that isn't the only option.

This is straying WAY off course, but it is still truth.

"We are what we are" - La Cage aux Folles
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I agree with jennifer at home on this, though all are good posts, that make sense. It is the excitement of wearing clothes designed for women, the "itch" of having such stretchy, smooth, silky, soft fabrics clinging, and with wig and heels, looking so fantastic! Though, i would like to try some satin mens' pajamas, underwear or a robe, though. If the impossible ever happens, i mean actually having a wife or SO before I croak, it would be nice to at least have satin male things similar to lady things, because i have not talked a woman yet, who would tolerate crossdressing in me.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 03-08-2016 at 08:36 AM.

There are a lot of men's clothes that are hardly distinguishable from women's, including underwear. It's not at all the same for me. It's not the same for a lot of SO's and muggles out there, either. An SA at a Coach outlet tried to steer me to the men's bags, even though I came in carrying a woman's purse. She even brought me one of the men's bags that was just a woman's purse (in teal green even!) that some marketing person had decided they'd call a men's tote and said "this one's nice", obviously trying to get me to consider a man's bag, even if it looked like a purse. I wouldn't consider it just because it was men's, and although she didn't come right out and say it, it made her uncomfortable that I was looking a women's purses for myself.

BTW, I wasn't offended or bothered by that. She was nice. She just didn't understand, and that's OK.

Gotta be actual women's attire to do it for me!

During the years when my ex-wife was trying to handle this and I was closeted, we tried this strategy. Winter silks underwear, soft pajamas and nightshirts, flowered and pastel colored shirts and neckties, silk boxers and tight men's bikini underwear. It was a good try on her part, I went with it as part of our long struggle to Save That Marriage, and I liked it better than regular men's stuff, but it did not satisfy my CD nature, which still came out in secret dressing while away on business, and ultimately resulted in my coming out as the half-time CD that I am.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. It would be like drinking near beer. Punch instead of red wine. Soda on New Years Eve. McD's for my Bday dinner. Watching a high school football game on Superbowl Sunday.

Dressing to blend instead of looking hot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I often wondered the same thing myself. The first thing I tried on was my mother's satin half slip and that was it for me. I still have an affinity for slips of all descriptions and that is clearly never going to change for me.
    As the years went by, I wondered if it was simply the tactile feel of the fabric alone and tried a little experiment. I bought some silk boxers and,.... nothing. nada. Although they felt good against my skin, there is no substitute for some lace, a frill or a ruffle here or there. Whether it's lingerie, a skirt, blouse. dress etc., the more feminine the better.
    Simple material, on it's own, is not what works for me...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

My therapist asked me if dressing sort of metrosexual would do the trick for me. I said no, I wouldn't want to appear gay, she broke her pencil on my response!! No I'm afraid for me it has to be all or nothing, lately I have tried underdressing it feels better but definitely not as good as the whole thing. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    The "itch" you have is to wear women's clothing. In fact, if women's clothing were only available made from burlap sacks, we cross dressers would be wearing burlap sacks.
    ^this. Jenny's got it right on the mark.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I spent years and years wearing men's bikini underwear, and swimming in speedos and men's bikini swimsuits, and the reality is, that was just a coping mechanism used to shore up denial about who I really am. Now I wear women's panties and two piece bikinis, and I am far more contented and much happier.

I still carry a men's Coach bag when I am out among the muggles, but it is just a transitional piece until I find the right women's purse to replace it.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Hello mandm40c,

Kindred spirit you may be..... personally I always mix it up. Sometimes I wear a womens tank under my mens work shirt and pants, other times Ill wear a mens tee with a boho skirt. I enjoy hiking and I only hike in a line skirts, yet the underwear still chaffs so I purchased a pack of "bikini style" polyester/spandex briefs in the mens department and it solved that issue. Ive got one pair of shoes and one pair of sandals, both are size 10 mens, and I wear low cut ankle socks (mens). Never bras or panties. I also dont do wigs or makeup. I do shave my body though. And sometimes at work an inch or so of shaved leg shows under those silly looking worj pants they make us wear. I like that.

But for me.... I feel feminine all of the time. Regardless of what im wearing. My clothes just help me express it. Many here might not consider me a crossdresser at all..... But the google definition differs. But I can be changing oil in greasy coveralls with grit under my fingernails and worn out work boots, I'd still feel like a girl deep down in my soul. And it fits because these days GGs basically do everything regular men do. And yet they are still women.

I wear some men's clothing, but they are mostly unisex t-shirts in stretchy material similar to my women's tees. And I usually wear them with jeggings and female underwear. All men's clothes, regardless of fabric, doesn't float my female boat.

Yes silky Hawaiian style shirts

"Men's" clothing is pretty rough. Not form fitting. "Women's" clothing highlight shape. (Like men don't have shape.)

Sure, we want to show a different shape, but male branded stuff isn't going to get us there.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder