Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feminine Life Style Choices - Cars in Particular

I'll put myself in the camp that I don't think there are 'chick' cars . Will also say that being a CD has no effect on my cars - but you have to understand for me cars are a huge passion, not just an appliance to get around in. I also see GGs driving at car club track events so don't see a conflict between feminine and performance cars ! That said... majority of GGs tend to drive more practical vehicles to get from A to B.

I am quite surprised by the types of vehicles considered chick cars... like Miatas, Caymans, Boxsters, Saab900, Eclipse. I consider them not chick or guy per se but serious performance cars (the 900 turbo and eclipse turbo). The Miata could use more pony's but is a killer autocross car. I'd have one except for the power thing and got a S2000. Next up is a Boxster/Cayman (used... prices aren't bad if patient).
    I suppose I drive a bit more sedately en femme - but then driving 6 speed and heel/toeing is tricky in heels so need to be careful LOL!!

I have owned a Miata for the last 16 years - it does have a reputation as a "Chick Car" - maybe that is why every year I get more girly!

Junior Member Beauty Parlor Bev's Avatar
    I have owned pickup trucks for years, once you have had one it is hard to NOT have one! That being said, several years ago in a particularly "gender confused" moment, I trade mine in for a Volvo SUV! Not a particularly "chicky" car, if you even subscribe to that thought, but definitely "soccer momish"! I loved that Volvo but lo and behold the occasional need for a truck won out and when it was time for a replacement, another truck now sits in the driveway (16 Tacoma). My wife has an SUV (15 GLA), but as a compromise we have a Mini for better mileage and when I feel the need, better "chickishness" in my ride!

Banned Read only
    B P B:

Note that it is MINI. Mini refers to the classic series. I'm assuming you have one of the BMW/MINI models. Question though: where do you fall with respect to what I said about who owns which model?

DeeAnn

Chevrolet Malibu maxx - the model was designed as a mid level womans car. it is heaven to get in and out of in a skirt and heels.
    and the drivers side visor has a lit makeup mirror

Pick out a car that fits your budget and needs. Drive it off the car dealer's lot straight to an auto paint shop. Tell them to paint it "Cherries in the Snow". There ya go.

Junior Member Beauty Parlor Bev's Avatar
    DeeAnn

I agree on your breakdown, ours is mainly my wifes and it is a base. The S is the one that the men who are really into the brand want. JCW's are kind of like MINI's STI!
    Last edited by Beauty Parlor Bev; 03-09-2016 at 02:00 PM. Reason: correction

Well let's see. We are in Texas. The Texas vehicle is a pickup truck. We have a Dodge Ram deisel 4x4 sport 3/4 ton. Now that is a fun vehicle to get in and out in a skirt and heels. I also have a toyota 4x4 pickup. It is a solid fun widdle truck. Now my SO has a GMC 4x4 pickup. That's more of our chick mobile and we take that mostly because it is easier to park when we go to Austin. But round here, any of the trucks we can park typically. I think I took the toy to the last LBGT outing.
    Part Time Girl

beautiful blue Rambler Sephanie. I never have considered femininity when buying a used car. My 1976 Dodge Aspen, could go either way, and my 83 Ford f150 pickup is more mannish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi ya all
    after reading this thread and it is a good one,and me not really being into cars ,I've got a company vw van
    i also have a little red vespa which is a bit girly
    so i thought id google "girly cars" to see what you are all on about
    there are a hell of a lot of choices ,and i was surprised

YES, emphatically, the right "colour"/style of car. Looking back I've mostly chosen cars that could be considered ladies' cars.
    Not only though for cars; pottery, plants, bedroom fabrics, cushions, throws; the list goes on!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauty Parlor Bev View Post
    DeeAnn

I agree on your breakdown, ours is mainly my wifes and it is a base. The S is the one that the men who are really into the brand want. JCW's are kind of like MINI's STI!
    More specifically, the JCW is to MINI as M is to BMW. The problem is that beginning in 2009 with mine, the price differential from S to JCW was roughly $6000. That got you some uprated internal engine parts, a bigger turbo, freer flowing exhaust, Brembo brakes, JCW badging and maybe a few things that I have forgotten about. Originally the S was at 172hp and the JCW was at 208. None of the engine parts for the factory JCW option were available separately. Going from memory, the Gen 2 S model eventually got up to 181hp. The Gen 3 JCW is up to 228hp while the S is now at 189hp. I think the price differential is now closer to $7000. As always, exclusivity costs.

JCWs have always been fairly rare. In 2009, the first year for the factory JCW option, MINI imported 498 to the US out of 45,000+ cars. If you split it by Hardtop, Cabriolet and Clubman like the general population, there's maybe 110-120 other 2009 JCW Clubmans out there. 2009 was also the 2nd year for the Clubman body shell and 1st for the Horizon Blue body color on mine. Horizon Blue has now been retired along with my trim color of Pure Silver.

DeeAnn

Well I wouldn't buy a car specifically to blend in, but I admit that I'm a bit anxious when going out dressed in my current transportation. My 400+ HP muscle car does draw some unwanted attention.

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar
    My idea of a girly car is a cute little sunbeam tiger. Hair up scarf blowing in the breeze bright red lipstick that matches the car and Jacki O. Sunglasses. For the guy in me it's my Ram truck as a daily and my muscle car to blow off steam. Nothing like lighting them up and launching.
    Last edited by Cassandra*; 03-09-2016 at 06:49 PM.

When it comes to cars, it's always been an area where I've chosen "men's" vehicles, I like a fairly heavy, fairly powerful car with manual transmission, one that can take me four hundred miles ( that's quite a long drive here in little old Britain ) non-stop in comfort and at speed. I've had two BMW 525Ds recently, both lovely, classy big ( by British standards) hunks .. but both developing electrical problems, first fatal .. burst into flames , second just VERY expensive .

Soooo ... traded in for a BMW 318i ( 2 litre petrol ) last week, and I must admit I like squeezing into my "little black number",, subtly smaller, noticeably lighter, easier to park, bit more of a "woman's" car. Sharper acceleration and decent top speed though
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

I have trucks, a full size chevy 4x4 and a toyota 4x4, my wife has a 4x4 Suburban, not very girly, wish I had a little car that would blend in more , my trucks stand out , everyone knows my vehicles, I dress in Sacramento, and still sometimes have been spotted dressed.....

I'm continuing to shake my head while reading this thread. I have to say that I'm trying, but I don't get it. At all. Not one bit. lol.

So is the point of buying what men consider are feminine cars, that CDers should seem more femine to men, or is it to actually be more feminine in general (including the way that women think) and therefore being viewed as feminine by everyone. Because women don't buy cars based on whether men think the cars are feminine or masculine.

Can someone please explain what's going on here? The only conclusion I have is that CDers don't think like GGs, they fundamentally think like men.

I also did a search for masculine and feminine cars. Yup, there are lots of websites, no doubt all written by men?

And finally, there are statistics about cars that have a greater percentage of male and female buyers. In the lists I looked at, generally the biggest difference was price. Men buy more expensive vehicles than women. I'm guessing the reasons are, salary inequality between men and women resulting in men that can afford to buy more expensive vehicles and also, women likely do not want to allocate as much disposable income on car payments as a men do?
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    women likely do not want to allocate as much disposable income on car payments as a men do?
    Well I don't allocate any disposable income to car payments. I bought a new car last year and paid cash for it. The trick was buying what I could afford. I lusted for a GTI, but bought a base Golf instead.

So is the point of buying what men consider are feminine cars, that CDers should seem more femine to men, or is it to actually be more feminine in general
    Reine, it's like panties instead of briefs. Feels better to the one in them, even when nobody else gives a crap!

Second, because men are valued for their assets. Owning a nicer car displays signs of prospective wealth. You can't argue that lots of women prefer a man with more money over one who's unemployed, all other things being equal. A new BMW beats a broken down 200,000 mile rusty VW every time.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 03-09-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not too sure what is or isn't a girl/chick car. I have noticed a lot of my transitioned TG/TS friends have muscle or sport type cars. Also quite a few ride motorcycles also.

I drive an all black Mustang, prior was a red Mustang. When time last summer, stopped at a light and guy next over asked if I was "Mustang Sally". We talked Mustangs until light changed.

I think with all we had to endure with transition, we don't care what others think is or isn't girly.

Banned Read only
    I also did a search for masculine and feminine cars. Yup, there are lots of websites, no doubt all written by men?
    No doubt. Remember that men do a lot of posturing. They may not really care one way or the other about the choices they make, but they don't want to be perceived as a pussy (description of the prevailing thought process; not mine) unless something transcends that. The Miata is a good example. Many guys participate in the Spec Miata road racing series and in autocross. Obviously they have gotten around thinking of the Miata as a Chick Car.

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    A new BMW beats a broken down 200,000 mile rusty VW every time.
    I realize this is out of context, but I could have a BMW, but I prefer to drive my classic VW.

Oh, and it doesn't have 200000 miles on it. In fact, it is over 400000!

Back on topic...
    Over the years, there have been attempts to market "women's cars." They have all been expensive failures. Case in point, the Dodge La Femme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_La_Femme
    Last edited by Eryn; 03-10-2016 at 12:34 AM.

Yes, and like Dana living in Texas, I always wanted a pickup until I crossed over to CD+ and now I want an SUV.... male things don't really matter anymore.... good question.... ty.... hugs.... tommie

I drive an old beat up Dodge truck. Ample rust in all fenders, a big gash in the side, and a tail gate that you have to jimmy with a screw driver to get it to lower. It's a vehicle that really compliments my overall M.O.. There's just something really cool about old beat up trucks, regardless of your sex or gender. Case in point, my teenage daughter can't wait for me to hand it down to her when she gets her license.

Nothing turns heads like pulling up, in a hillbilly fedora hat, old rusty truck rumbling, shut it down, engine runs backwards a turn or two, little smoke out of the tail pipe, and out I step in one of my skirts... yeah... I'm somewhat eclectic that way.

Aspiring Member
    I must be a real transgender. Never thought about girl/boy car. In younger years I owned two VW Beetles followed by a VW bus I camped in. Does that make me a cisBug?

For me a vehicle has to be a metal box with a minimum of four wheels, some protection against the weather and enough oomph to do what needs to be done.

And I am unanimous with that,

Ineke