Thread: Spent a week in dresses, but not en femme

Spent a week in dresses, but not en femme

I recently attended a week long group-cruise with about 1100 geeky people. The past 3 years I had gone on the same cruise en femme, and people there came to know me as Rachel. However, partially out of laziness and partially because I stopped caring, I introduced myself as Jon. I was still wearing all female clothing and makeup. Some people even pulled me quietly aside and asked what pronouns and name to use, to which I replied that whatever they used would be fine. Some people still called me Rachel, out of habit, and some used Jon. Luckily my brain has learned to hear both names. This understanding of the trans community within the group is one reason I felt safe not needing to pass as Rachel.

It was very freeing to just be myself. I explained to those who asked that 95% of my life is spent dressed in male attire, that I had no intention on transitioning (we have several in the group who are), but that I enjoy women's clothing better. I even went without forms when the dress didn't need them (several of the dresses I took were shaped in a way that didn't quite work without forms, but most of them luckily worked fine with or without). I even let my face get a bit shadowy, mostly because shaving close enough to pass multiple times a day for 10 days is very taxing on the skin. I would give it a good shave right before formal occasions, because I knew photos were likely to be taken.

My favorite moment was when Wil Wheaton (yes, of Star Trek fame), came up to me out of the blue and said that he loved the ball gown I had worn the previous evening and that I looked gorgeous. I was so in shock that I honestly don't know how I responded, though I bet I flashed a huge smile and thanked him. Another good memory was when I went out on the dance floor as John Flansburgh (of They Might Be Giants) DJ'ed and was asked to be twirled. I had had several drinks by that point, was in a huge ball gown (the one Wil liked) and heels; she took my hand, I twirled her once and then she twirled me, and gosh darn it, I didn't even fall down!

Ended up burning while laying in a string bikini on the beach, and have the tan lines to prove it. I can't wait til next year!

Sounds like an awesome week, that would be the trip of my dreams

Glad you had a great time.

Where did you cruise from/to?
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

what an awesome life experience; go gurl
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Junior Member Beauty Parlor Bev's Avatar
    Sounds wonderful!

Sounds like fun. is Wil Wheaton a CD? was this cruise for LGBT's?

Wow! What an awesome-sounding adventure! I'm so envious!

Quote Originally Posted by GondorRachel View Post
    I even let my face get a bit shadowy, mostly because shaving close enough to pass multiple times a day for 10 days is very taxing on the skin.
    My TS friends have told me that it's best to use an electric razor in these cases. It's not as close as a blade so you can shave multiple times in a day and you can do touch-ups without having to wash down and start from scratch.

Does sound like a wonderful time!

I'm dying to know where that beach is where you got away with laying out in a string bikini. I've done that around my swimming pool, but to do that out in the open on a public beach, that would be wonderful.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

No, Wil is not a CD, though he rocks a mean kilt. It was a nerd cruise called JoCoCruise, a fan cruise theoretically for Jonathan Coulton (of NPR's Ask Me Another) and his semi-famous friends, but it has more or less morphed into a summer-camp like event where the fans go to see each other. One of the organizers is LGBT, and many of the performers (Cameron Esposito and her wife Rhea Butcher for example) are also in the alphabet soup. It was because of this cruise that I came out to my friends and family (all were totally cool with it!). I had poked my toes out before, but not very far and never for very long.

The beach was Royal Caribbean's private island in the Bahamas called Coco Cay. Over the past several years I had pushed myself a bit further and further until I felt comfortable in the bikini...

Sounds like the way to go, there are many themed cruises out there and all you need to do is find the one for you.

See you somewhere in the Caribbean next year. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Great stuff! I'm new here and am really enjoying great stories like this.

What a fun week!

Yes sounds like you had fun

Thanks for the great story, it sound like a heaven trip, i glad people treat so well, hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]