Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's easer to quit, Smoking, Drinking or Cross-Dressing

only one i couldn't shake is crossdressing
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

drinking would be easiest then its a toss up....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    I never smoked probably in part because grandfather died from throat cancer, which at the time was attributed to his smoking. I must confess I did try a few cigarettes but nothing more so giving it up was a non-issue.

I had my share of beer in my life, but when my father (who drank far more) died, I reduced my alcohol intake. Today I have an occasional beer, but usually will have a glass or two of wine. Another reason for cutting back the alcohol was there was a long family history too much alcohol consumption. My drinking today is limited to social outings. I reduced my drinking for health reasons and have not regretted the decision,

As far as giving up crossdressing, well I consider myself transgender so feminine attire is a regular part of my being. I am happier and healthier for accepting my gender identity. No reason to back track.
    Michele

Reality Check
    If you consider yourself to be transgender, wearing women's clothes would not really be crossdressing.

Well, I'm not gonna quit any of them LOL, although I smoke only occasionally - Eve 120's. Next you'll ask me to give up men. NOT HAPPENING.
    Every inch a lady!

Dressing is much harder to stop. Not even a close call.

Drinking, cuz I look smoking in my lingerie!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    But the fact remains, the need to be who you really are, even if that is "just a CD" is a basic human need. You can't quit it because this is part of you.
    I totally agree. I thought I was "just a CD", but I have discovered that I am a lot more. I know that I have to be who I am, and I am trans. The worse thing we can do is to run away from who we are. Now I have never been suicidal, yet I realize it was not good for me all these years running away from who I am.

I can quit just about anything but crossdressing. It's a big part of who I am. Period.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quit drinking years ago because of random drug/alcohol screens for my job.Not worth the risk.
    Been sick for a week or so with a head cold and its been one week and a day since I smoked a cigarette so I think I'll just quit for a while.
    CDing I don't think I could give up.

Ive know for a long time crossdressing is a part of me, I have been away from it for extended periods, Yes I can shut it off, Am I happy that way? No Im not. I accepted that in me when I joined, I am happy, Im Social, Im making new friends, Im doing new things. I dont see how any of this is nothing but good.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Aspiring Member
    I am pretty new to Crossdressing, I don't drink booze or smoke cigarettes, Which is harder to quit, I really dont know.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Drinking, I can do a lot or not at all. I've had a box of blush in my fridge for two years. (Yeah, I know, it's so classy.LOL!)

I smoke. (I'm bad.)

Crossdressing, I stopped for a while but I'm back. I KNOW I'll always be one.

I think I'll go with smoking. I won't drink and drive. And with dressing, I'll only die of embarrassment if anyone that knows me found out.