Thread: Work

Work

For those of you who do dress at work, how did you approach the situation?

I'm living in my own now and after two weeks of no urges, they came back last weekend (strong enough to buy breast forms). I'm starting a new job on Thursday and would prefer to wear women's clothing but they don't know of my gender issues yet. I know that I am somewhere in the spectrum and I'm meeting with my therapist this week.

It's a long term temp job.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Banned Read only
    Before you jump from the pan into the fire I think you should bring this issue up with your therapist.

I'm meeting this week and plan to talk about it. Even if it's more of a feminine andro look.

I've found that underdressing typically isn't enough to satisfy things.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

Since you are taking a temp position, I assume that you are doing so through an agency. I suspect that protections against discrimination based upon gender would be in place but much, much harder to prove. All of the temp labor that I have hired allowed me to simply call the agency and tell them that I did not need their employee anymore. I don't have to give a reason. If someone has a problem with a trans temp employee, that is all they have to claim and you will have no recourse. So I would suggest you are going to have to sit on your hands for a while.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

The place where I am temping has 100% rating with the HRC.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

My dear, all that means is that they haven't been caught out yet.
    "Do not put too much faith in the assurances of princes".
    Most employers don't want to borrow trouble and if it looks like you are, you're likely history. As long as you don't protest too much, your fashion choices are your own, but feel out your ground carefully. It might be a good idea to check out the workplace before you start, particularly when employees are entering or leaving and see how they are dressed; it will give you an idea what is normal there.
    Remember that your new independent life needs cash to function and be careful to protect the source of it. Once you're established you can look around for something better, but for now, be cautious.
    Last edited by donnalee; 03-13-2016 at 09:14 PM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

i would not get in a hurry and say anything , if you like the job or need it.
    under dress and find some gender neutral clothes and see what the atmosphere is there and then play it by ear .

I never dressed at work until I had my own company. Work was the one place I had a hard time being open.

as long as i get them hemmed, i don't think that women's trousers would be a problem. it's the tops that I have to worry about. what is gender neutral but lean toward the feminine side of things?
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm self-employed, but due to my local clientele I don't dress at work unless I'm at my shop. I experiment around with femming up drab clothes. It is amazing what just a scarf or belt or even a pair of heels can do for the most drab of uniforms. A dear GG friend of mine tells me often that femininity is how you project yourself and not what you wear.

Yes to a lot of the previous comments. Get yourself a really sexy little pair of panties, pull them on in the morning, and then cover them up with the drabbest clothes you've got. Let yourself be satisfied with knowing what nobody else knows, and with the more complete fun you can have when you get home.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm totally with the others. Under dress and get yourself into the job. I'm working as a contractor and many, if not all, would probably bin me if I turned up even partially femme. I keep my ear studs in but that's it.

As a fulltime employee in the UK, we are covered by most laws after 2 years. As a temp/ contractor, release is but a day or two away. Take care

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Cristy2 View Post
    ... femininity is how you project yourself and not what you wear.
    Words to live by - my new mantra!
    Did you read my "Intro"? - Mikal

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Here's a thought. Separate your source of income from your explorational desires. I believe you will appreciate both more if they're kept separate.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

MissDanielle, this is potentially a wonderful opportunity. You should certainly check with them first and also be sure that you want to take things further - something you can cover with your therapist. Mine would ask me to think about what is the best and worst potential outcomes - sometimes you realise they're not so bad.

Keep us posted, if you go through with it you'll be living out the dream of many of us!

Love and hugs
    JamieJayXXX

Reality Check
    I agree with Carla. Keep your crossdressing and your work as far apart as possible. You need the income to eat and put a roof over your head and of course, to buy bras and panties.

What do you expect to gain by crossdressing at work?

I repeat previous advice on this matter, keep work and dressing separate and use the proceeds of work to further your career in dressing.

It works for me.

Sometimes it is convenient to dress in drab and be a guy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

i think it may be possible to get away with wearing women's button down Oxfords and trousers. Unless you look really closely, nobody will notice the buttons being on the other side.

It's feminine and it blends in.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

thankyou to all who have contributed to this post , everyone has brought something different but yet the same to this table . I read all of the advcie and as one who is somewhat cautious(scared too) I agree that no matter how strong your feelings are do test the waters so the experience will be a win ,win for both you and your employer. I want to be that pretty loking young thing wiht the figure to die for but----------- I am just a frumpy ol 61 yr old man who has resigned hime/herself to what we have ,oh hell here i come world ready or not . Miss danielle good luck with your search
    hugs phylis anne