Thread: Have you ever entered a contest using your girl name and won?

Have you ever entered a contest using your girl name and won?

I am sure most of you haven't done this but it seemed to be a fun thing at the time, getting mail addressed to your fem name. at home. Well I entered a contest type of thing with Virginia Slims cigarettes about 10 years ago. Well at the end of the contest I received a call from the administrater of the contest and she ask for Michelle I said I was her and she hesitated a little so I ask her what it was about and she told me that Michelle had won a cruise to the Bahamas, so I had to tell her I was A Crossdresser and was just kind of playing around. She told me very nicely that I did not qualify because I wasn't Michelle in fact. So I thanked her and that was that. It is the only thing I have ever won in my whole life and I blew it. Oh well I have since quit smoking

Michelle

Entered but never won

Reality Check
    Many of those "contests" are a bit phony. Everybody who enters wins a prize but to collect the prize you have to sit through a high pressure presentation of a time share sale or something similar. I've "won" several. Never went though.

Yes, A couple years ago I attended an annual street festival in my city. Several of the local radio stations had stages set up and were hosting contests with numerous prizes. One station was giving away two bikes (one male style, one female style). I filled out the entry form using Jill's name, dropped it in the drum and forgot about it. A month after the festival I got a call from a DJ at the station informing me that Jill had won the women's bike. That's when I had to 'fess up and tell them that Jill was really a guy, but the drawing was fair and square and I was awarded the bike anyway. When I went to the station to pick up my prize, I was introduced to the staff, one of which was transgender. I guess it's a small world after all.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I used to subscribe to a teen magazine. They had lots of give-a-ways every month, and I won one of the prizes. When I got the letter, I wrote back that I already just gotten one of the same things for my birthday so it would be nice if they gave it to someone else. I just wanted a nail polish or something little, instead I wound up winning something expensive that I already had. They gave me a free three year subscription instead.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    I was at a conference and that day I had worn women's slacks shear blouse with a lacie bra under it and a woman's suit jacket. I had planed to sit and observe which was easy. So they have some drawing that I never typically won. Low and behold they showed a brand new cell phone with a paid one year subscription. Cool, that is when they called my name. It was worth enough for me to go up and claim it. The good part was the jacket let me hide most of my projection. The bad part was they took pictures for the corporate news letter. I was worried that my bra would show but luckily it didn't.

I have won a bridal trousseau using my male name, it can be construed as a female name also.

It was great and there were many quality items of lingerie in the package.

Beverley Sims gets a lot of promotional mail and free gifts on occasions.

Just sign your soul away and see what happens. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I entered a magazine contest which required a picture of myself. I did not win anything but maybe someone got to smile at my effort!!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I did! It was a contest at birthday party, and the theme was the most outrageous thing you could wear (It was a straight party) I came as a bride, complete with 12 foot train, veil, bouquet of flowers, white 5" heel boots, garters, stockings, corset. No one in this up until that time had ever seen me dressed. I won!