Thread: Walk Around the Neighborhood

Walk Around the Neighborhood

Ok I have been out to a club but have never walk around the neighborhood dressed en femme. Well I have taken that step earlier this evening. It felt so good to just walk around the neighborhood.

Reality Check
    When you walk around your own neighborhood, there's a good chance your neighbors will see and recognize you. I don't know about you, but I'm not OK with that. I don't want to have to explain it the next time I see them.

I feel a lot better walking around the business or tourist sections of a nearby city. Sure, there are lots of people around and they will see me and possibly figure out that I am a crossdresser, but they don't know me. I'll never see them again.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather so I can walk around in my femme shirts and shoes.
    Glad you had a good time.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I always enjoy walks around the neighborhood enfemme. But now it seems like everyone is installing camera systems. I know that many have a full street view and night vision. Not much of a concern but, that whole situational awareness thing kicks in. Anyway, I'm not going to let it ruin my walks.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    FWIW....
    Lately, I have be taking long walks completely "en femme", which includes a maxi skirt and a feminine female hooded coat for the cold weather...... in the "down town" area and, in other safe areas in my city..... pop about 20k..
    I wear no makeup other than a light foundation and my hair is long enough to appear feminine..
    i should add that I am almost 69 years old and dress my age but, feminine when out.

My avatar is a recent pic.
    In it I'm wearing a wig but, now my own hair is that length and basic style, also grey.
    I hate wearing a wig as it's so uncomfortable to me.

Being retired, I can go out anytime i want to.
    However I have found that the best time is mornings from about 9:00am until noon or so........ Monday - Friday.
    There are no kids etc, out that early, just people going about their morning routine... too busy to pay attention to you.

Unless you look like the proverbial "lumberjack in drag" nobody will give you nothing more than a cursory look if anything.
    Keep in mind that women come in all sizes and appearances and some GGs have rather masculine looking faces.
    Very few women are beauty queens.

The key is to just go about your walk thinking that you are indeed female and are doing absolutely nothing wrong... ...you are wearing clothes that a female is "supposed" to wear.
    Why should others view you any differently than any other woman?

As far as cameras....no one is looking for guys in drag ...i assure you.
    Also, whatever is recorded is never reviewed unless it is necessary for some legitimate reason.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-05-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Somewhat of an advantage... I live in the country and have an adjacent chunk of state land approximately a half mile by 1 1/2 miles in size where I can hike (or ride a mountain bike on old trails).

However, I did get surprised one time when a couple rode up on horses and another time a neighbor drove up on an ATV. Both times (fortunately) while I was in drab.

But another time while hiking on that land I spotted someone across a large meadow when I was out dressed fully, casually en femme, and did have on a short sporty skirt. I melted away into the woods and returned home. Since, a tree thinning project has removed much of that tree cover.

Must be much more careful now hiking there while dressed. Oh well.

I do get out (dressed) and hike about some of my 5 acre property now and then.

Platinum Member
    I like to go out for evening strolls in safe residential neighborhoods. My immediate neighborhood does not have sidewalks. I really enjoy a cool breeze playing with the skirt of my dress and my slip. I find things to do. I'll mail a letter or return some library books to a night drop box or get a fee newspaper from a box. I especially like it when it is raining. I find using an umbrella helps to obscure my obvious masculine face. The umbrella also helps obscure my height. A bubble umbrella works the best. The only suggest I do have is footwear....wear shoes that will take the punishment of concrete sidewalks. Four inch heels will tire your legs out.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    I always enjoy walks around the neighborhood enfemme. But now it seems like everyone is installing camera systems. I know that many have a full street view and night vision. Not much of a concern but, that whole situational awareness thing kicks in. Anyway, I'm not going to let it ruin my walks.
    Damn FLIR cams, I don't doubt I've been on a least a couple 'spot the sasquatch...with a purse' documentaries!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Just when I thought it might be safe to walk in the woods... Robin414 warns of a lurking Big Foot with a big purse.

Oh, the Humanity!

The first time I went out dressed for a walk around the neighborhood was when I was dressing for a party at college. I had my dress, wig, pantyhose and shoes picked out. I was practicing makeup and was wearing my heels around the house as often as possible to try to get used to them.

I thought walking outside for longer distances would help me get used to them sooner. I was all dressed and made up. it was dark out so I decided to venture out and go for a walk. I walked several blocks. It was an invigorating and exciting experience. My feet were hurting, but after dressing up and going out a few more times, I was totally comfortable in the heels and going out dressed was just pain fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Katelyn~ View Post
    Ok I have been out to a club but have never walk around the neighborhood dressed en femme. Well I have taken that step earlier this evening. It felt so good to just walk around the neighborhood.
    It just depends if you're happy to be seen by your neighbours and if you're happy to answer any questions that might be asked or deal with an flak from less tolerant residents. Driving to somewhere similar to the area you live in can be an option.

Apart from that just being out is a great feeling. Liberating is a word often used here. It's surprising just how quickly the nerves calm down once out there. I'm sure endorphins play their part, that rush we get can become somewhat addictive. Genie bottle out
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Mandy Faye
    I live in an apt complex next to a mall and just the past 2 weeks I have started getting my mail (at night) and taking the trash out (at night ) dressed .. It feels so good and I have run across my neighbors twice .. I just walked by the first time .. The 2nd time , We had eye contact and I said ... "who knew "? .. and he said ..Nice outfit ! .. LOL .. It felt good ! I'm to old to not be me anymore !
    Mandy Faye

With the wife away, I have been out for the last three nights walking around the neighbourhood. Being out is something that I do look forward too, but it is not as often as I like.

It was around an hour each time and have looked forward to it for about a fortnight.

Last night I bumped into three female OAPs who took up all of the pavement. In male mode I would have stepped into the road to let them pass, but I just kept walking and they had to move over to give me space.

Looking forward to the next time.

With regard to the neighbours I could not care less. They do not know me dressed, so if I was seen when entering my front garden, instead of putting the key in the door I would just ring the bell, wait about a minute and then walk away and come back a bit later.

Julie.

Going out, during the day, is not as scary as you think. My first time out was to the post office. Knowing that people there are too busy to notice who you are it was a good choice. Now I can't remember the last time i had any reservations about going out dressed because I do it all the time. I went wine tasting with 3 GG's two weeks ago and had a blast.