Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Books about a cross dressing character?

Books about a cross dressing character?

Hi . I like to read. I was wondering if anybody knows of any good books with main character being a cross dresser. I know of a couple stories I have read when a man would cross dress to get to his male enemies and kill them, it was great . Would any of you happen to know of any?

Banned Read only
    I don't know of any books myself (other than the obvious true story stuff) but how about that Bugs Bunny!?

Bugs bunny is good too
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-15-2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

I had started writing a book where three guys were turned into girls at work by scientific equipment and then I felt urges to dress in women's clothing so I stopped writing and started seeing a therapist.

Have yet to revisit the book.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Sounds like it could have been a interesting read
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-15-2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

does manga counts? plenty of them.

I'm just going to drop this link and walk away.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenderBender <-- There's a rather massive list if you scroll down a little ways.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenderReveal <-- More specifically related to crossdressing.

Oh, fine, here's another one.

http://metamorphose.org/

Quote Originally Posted by chloe cute View Post
    does manga counts? plenty of them.
    Yes, I just prefer novels though lol

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Someone777 View Post
    I'm just going to drop this link and walk away.
    Thanks you
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-15-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Have you read Sister Agnes, by Tom Woolf? -it fits your description perfectly and I certainly enjoyed it. It's an ebook on Kindle, go to Amazon.com and search Sister Agnes, Tom Woolf, or try this link: http://www.amazon.com/Sister-Agnes-T...s%2C+Tom+Woolf

Great thread- wish more people would talk about books and reading.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I would love to be able to read like I use to,(at least a book a week) but age and very poor eyesight have taken their toll. I find that even with my glasses I have to read sentences over and over and still have a hard time concentrating on or remembering what I have just read. One of the reasons I don't post much. Just typing this took well over 2 mins.

I'm not that old but a lifetime of poor sleep has robbed me of a lot of things. My memory and concentration have probably taken the worst hits.

The act of reading doesn't take very long but actually understanding what I read and forming a coherent response takes a lot longer than it should.

Even so, I go through sprees of just spending all day reading. The instant regret from the mega headache I get afterwards usually prevents me from doing that too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    Have you read Sister Agnes, by Tom Woolf?

Great thread- wish more people would talk about books and reading.
    Ill check it out, thanks
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-15-2016 at 01:37 PM. Reason: no need to quote whole post to say that

"Orlando" by virginia woolf, anyone?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Pamela, Orlando is a great book and a hugely visually appealing film. Who cannot love Tilda? But it's not really a crossdressing story, the character just changes "sex" without wanting to, as I recall. I agree more discussion of books would be a treat. Shall we start a book group?
    Hugs
    Julia

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk has some interesting transgender/crossdressing characters, IIRC. Been a while since I read it. Also, Irvine Welsh's Filth, but that's more along the lines of psycho tranny than sympathetic portrayal.
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom - Anais Nin

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I'm sure you're all aware of the stories on Fictionmania and Nifty. Mostly short stories but a few are book length.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Justina View Post
    ...I was wondering if anybody knows of any good books with main character being a cross dresser... ?
    I read a lot of those.

In One Person ~ John Irving
    The Dress Circle ~ Laurie Graham
    Sunday Best ~ Bernice Rubens
    The New Girlfriend ~ Ruth Rendell (short story)
    The Turning ~ Mark Barwell
    Painted Ladies & Bodies by Design (Jasmine Frame Stories) ~ P R Ellis
    The Sisterhood & Endings and Beginings ~ Roz White

and many more (I would need to scan my bookshelves, and kindle archive for a longer list).

You could also try searching Kindle store on Amazon for "transgender fiction", or "crossdressing fiction".

That is a great idea. As a bookseller, I have, occasionally, come across such books, but now do not recall their titles. From now on, I will post here any books on crossdressing that come my way.

While not strictly speaking CDing a book by Heinlein "I Will Fear No Evil" tells a story of a man's brain transplanted into the body of a woman. Very good read!

I read a lot of stories from amazon using my kindle. Here are the author in my trans collection Pearl N lace, Alex wolfe, Amanda Richol, Ashley Rivers, DK Masters, barbera delato, Ben Schroedinger, chrystal wynd, Gregory Daniels, John dylens, Kori Dushayl, Mindy Flyth, marlen sexton, mistress dede, Rebecca Stone, Richard Novic, sky Eagleday, Tanya Allen, Victoria Marlowe, Annie summers, enjoy

Try Raptor by Gary Jennings. The main character is a hermaphrodite and moves from one gender to another to do his/her thing. Set in Europe in the closing days of the Roman Empire.

This goes back a few years, but it is still one of my favorites in the CD genre.

The Kiss Murder
    By Mehmet Murat Somer

Link to what I posted on the book in the past: A Turkish Delight Mystery
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

Quote Originally Posted by elaine_kt8 View Post
    I read a lot of those.

Thanks you
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-15-2016 at 01:39 PM. Reason: you don't need to quote the whole post just to say that

Sandy Thomas has a wonderful collection of crossdressing stories with lots of different themes. Available on Amazon as paperback or for kindle.
    Lauren

Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto.

Quote Originally Posted by Justina View Post
    Sounds like it could have been a interesting read
    I'm sure it would have been but I wanted to make sure my head was clear and that writing the book wasn't messing with my head. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't the case.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.