Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More feminine everyday style

More feminine everyday style

Hello y'all,
    I'm on a journey. As all of us, I have a feminine side that needs to be expressed. I crossdress sometimes away from home but I'm looking for ways to subtly feminise my everyday wardrobe in a way that's ok for work and home and still stylish.

What do you wear for everyday that gives your look a little femininity without it being out-and-out crossdressing? I don't mean wearing lingerie, I mean stylish outfits.

I'd love to hear your ideas. So far my successful bits have been introducing skinnier jeans, long-line t-shirts and sweaters. Wearing male bracelets and necklace. I like my converse sneakers as they are quite androgenous. I'm also growing my hair - hopefully into a bit more of a feminine style.

So that's what I do at the moment. What do you do? How far do you take it? What reactions have you had? Where do you shop?

Love and hugs,
    JamieJayXXX

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You are on the right track so just add some femme stuff here and there.
    I do wear ladies jackets when is cool out and ladies winter coats.
    Ladies sweaters are pretty much easy to get away with too.

Ladies pants, blouses, jackets, and shoes pretty much every day for me (plus rings, watches, necklaces, and scarves)

I wear jeans pretty much all the time. some sweaters you can get away with as well. shoes are pretty easy sometimes. I got most of my stuff from Walmart as its a usual one stop shop. and have "plain" stuff" nothing too fancy and priced well -ish. just gotta look around and find basic stuff,

I like stretchy fabric workout type t-shirts, sandals and 'shorty' athletic socks that leave my ankles exposed.

Thank you for all the good advice. I live in the uk and I'm not sure what places are best for either feminine male clothes or andro female clothes. For me it's not always about wearing clothes from the women's dept, it's about creating a more feminine look that suits me in boy mode.

Is there one item you've bought like this that you really love? Do you have a Pinterest board with similar things (mine is @jasminebellucci btw)? Can you share a link to your favourite items?

Love and hugs,
    JamieJayXXX

LongTallSally, JamieJay, they sell allsorts that come across andro, like polo tops. Also Sainsbury's (of all places!) do a reasonable range of jeggings, jogging trousers, tops, T's, that are all-femme but few would notice overly. And they go up to size 24 which is like 48" chest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

ok, you'll probably think this is lame, but I recently bought a men's packable down jacket because it looked just like the women's packable down jackets (androgyous). I would have tried on women's jackets but my wife was shopping with me.

I usually wear a bra when in drab, an A cup without forms, or a lightweight sports bra. Makes me feel girly.

Have you considered wearing pink polo shirts? For a men's color they call them 'salmon' but they are still pink! A little more feminine would be an actual women's polo in a neutral color. Most people will not notice that it buttons the other way. You can express your feminine side without outing yourself. And you can add some modest women's jeans to complete your outfit. Another thought is lighter perfumes like they sell at Bath and Body Works. Those run the gamut from unisex to quite feminine and you can choose how daring you want to be.

When I go outside of the house in boy mode, I pick trousers which are well fitted and of an attractive color and style. I have a nice trim figure so I wear shirts which are form fitting and I wear my trousers at what is now my girly waist. That said, why not go for a total female attire. In your case you may not be able to go to work en femme, but at other times get dressed in a stylish sweater dress, which really shows your figure and just enjoy the feeling. In my case, I am near my end game since I can wear stylish female clothing anywhere and be accepted and feel great joy.

Banned Read only
    Sounds like you're getting the hang of this Jamie! When I'm at work I feel I need to be completely alpha (male) and I work hard at it so I'll have to tap out there (although I did just buy a pair of Prada shoes (mens) and wore a pair of men's black socks with pink polka dots (hint, hint 😉 )...OK, I probably came across as a dude so confident with his 'dudness' he can rock pink polka dots...I'm such a good actor! 😃

To the point...I wear women's skinny jeans and low heel ankle boots all the time otherwise. Living north of the 49 has its advantages with outerwear as well...Duvetica has to be one if the most androgynous designers I've seen and I have more than a few items (both women's and men's...although who can tell 😊 )

Watch "2012-13FW DUVETICA BACKSTAGE MOVIE" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/1HAX0IVDnOA

By wearing all Madewell I do this.

Add more colors and patterns to your clothing. Have you pierced your ears?, trimmed your eyebrows?, used clear nail polish? Also some clogs on your feet, they're androgynous.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Hi Jamie, I checked out your Pinterest page, I like your choices. I like ebay but there a lot of choices to aquire thnigs, the internet in general is a boon, I live in a rural area. I too like skinny jeans. I am 48 so I havent been real sure about wearing them out yet, I like Gap jeans myself as they dont have the flamboyant back pocket designs so many women like, I need to make a pinterst account it seems, had to check out the pics with the sign in, in front... I do have several pair of vintage Gap bootcut jeans, both light and dark wash, lo rise which I have worn out quite a lot, I recently have bought a few pair of Puma brand sneakers on ebay which I wear out also. I wore a pair which were black suede with a white swoop with dark wash jeans and a mens button down shirt untucked out. I didnt seem to draw any undue attention although my friend commented on my shoes, he knows about my cding. I replied with now you see how I love shoes. Ive been out with almost a different pair everyday this last week, lol. Ive currently been thinking about pushing what I wear, I do like to look nice! I have hidden for so long and Im tired of that! My latest aquisition is my avatar, So pretty, they will stay home for a while I think....

I have long hair, I wear girl jeans I keep my legs shaved 24/7 yearround and my nails are polisned in a clear gloss 90% ofthe time and both ears have been done.
    Angie

My everyday watch is technically a ladies watch, and says so on the back of the case. It's just a 'normal' sized version which they market towards women, of one of the giant clown size (44mm) watches that so many men wear (I don't like having giant watches on my wrist). But the proportions make it look like a what was previously the standard size (35mm case) men's watch.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

This is an excellent conversation. I fall somewhere in the TG spectrum and lean very much towards the feminine side of things. I start a new job on Thursday and would prefer to wear clothing that matches my gender expression but at the same time, I don't know whether they are business professional or business casual. If it is business casual, what kind of clothing can I get away with wearing?
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Silver Member
    I wear all most all women's clothes. t-shirts are easy. My mother bought me some women's from Walmart. I own a lot of silk and linen shirts. Depending where you wear them controls how fem they are. I wear bras most of the time and the linen shirts show my bra or lace camisole quite easily. I also wear cotton tops and with those wear foam cup bras. I do have a b/c cup size so they hang from the girls instead of my shoulders. I like tennis shoes and all are female. Same with shoes, although I can't wear heels any more. Shorts are jeans are the usual attire. They are all women's. Funny thing, I've gone to lunch and other places and had a woman wearing the same shorts, top, or slacks that I was. No one got excited and ran to management.

I love logging on to find so many brilliant ideas. I think this is a great topic because I think everyone has times when you can't go enfemme but you don't want to be untrue to yourself. I love the pink polo shirt idea. I had thought of getting a women's one - I'm going to go look for one!

I currently wear boys skinny jeans as they are pretty skinny. I have some girls ones from M&s but they're too tight for my normal daily wear I think.

I love sneakers idea too. I think I may go for some girls ones next time.

Keep sharing your ideas, I'm loving hearing them!

Love y'all
    JamieJayXXX

Keds offers a great taste on the shoe front.

I find that I'm preferring the D Jeans brand for jeans. I know that Burlington has them.

It's the whole finding shirts for work that fit right if I'm not wearing boobs.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

Often wear blouses as shirts under a ladies sweater, an A cup bra does give me a chest to go with it.

this is an androgynous look and I do go further but it is easier to get a hairdo and look the part.

After all why be half a woman when you can look like one for real?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A pair of wedge sneakers and skinny jeans gives me that girly feeling...

Heather

I had another thought I wanted to share. It's along the same lines. I posted the original message as my journey is around trying to find a more feminine, andro look for my everyday. The biggest issue I have (bar the finding wines shirts that actually fit well - like you MissDanielle) is having a style role model that inspires my look. I'm scared of turning out like a sort of bad hotch potch of stuff I've been brave enough to buy.

So I want to ask, do you have an andro style role model who's image guides you?

Love to all a y'all
    JamieJayXXX

Without boobs, it's limited mainly to those with a crew neck. I haven't tried women's polo shirts yet.

For guys, business casual is anything with a collar. But for women? A whole larger range of clothing! But again, the problem is finding stuff that fit without boobs.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.