Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A noticeable change in being out now

Jennifer, I completely agree about the "hold your head up, eye contact" thing.
    When I began going out I did that to show confidence, to show that I belonged where ever I was as much as the next person. Over time that "fear factor" faded away, the confidence was internal and didn't need to be displayed all the time and I became ME. Now it's just me when I'm out. It's no longer about needing that acceptance from others as I have obtained that from myself. I've become comfortable being me when out and it's a wonderful feeling. It's become natural to me and I don't shy from contact with others as I did at first.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Thank you for sharing your story and the perspective of it through your own eyes and thoughts. This helped me to gain some more courage and in fact, I am planning to turn that door handle real soon. Your post was very timely.
    Di

Thanks for sharing this post, Jennifer. As a girl still fairly new to going out and just being me, it's nice to hear from someone a bit further along the road. I'm terrified everytime I step out the door, and I have a lot of trouble looking people in the eye still as I'm sure all I will see is mockery, but that confidence and self-assuredness you talk about seems like a common thread from girls who are out and about. I strive to get there and hearing stories like yours convinces me that maybe I will one day! I truly appreciate you.

Hugs,
    Raeleen

Reality Check
    For most, it gets easier the more you do it but you have to let yourself become comfortable in your alternate identity. I think it's also easier if you are not alone, but with one or more people and have an actual destination. Wandering around your neighborhood at night in heels isn't going to do it.

I've had my moments but my outside excursions are rare enough that I'm still well aware that it's Homer dressed up as Krisi when I'm out.

Anyway, glad you had fun. You should have posted photos.

I try to go to dinner once a month with my professional make-up artist, Janna from Janna's Studio in the Chicagoland area. I only occasionally use her for make-up now, but I look significantly better when she does my make-up. I have never felt so elegant and feminine as the first time we dined at a restaurant together. We've gone for dinners since but they cannot match that first experience of dining en femme at a nice restaurant. Having Janna there to put me at ease made the whole experience so much more enjoyable.

HI Jenn
    glad you had a great experience I have another friend that is CD we have been going out for the last 20 years are so at first it was a little concerning but now it is just some girl friends getting together for dinner and conversation and as you meet other friends the world open's up more the more comfortable you are in your own skin the easer it becomes
    Susie