Thread: Progression and the Narcissist in me.

Progression and the Narcissist in me.

Hi all,

I haven't been around too much these days but hope you're all doing great my friends! FYI for those that don't know me I came out of the damn stinky closet 4 years ago and life's been pretty good for the most part. I went from looking like a dude in a dress to a dude that looks alright as a lady for my age at 50 +. LOL
    Anyway I'm wondering where the next high will be? I'm like an addict chasing a first high on something. I came out for the 1st time 4 years ago at a halloween party and thought I was on top of the world. I didn't think it could get better than that at the time but I was very afraid of having my picture taken back then, I avoided anybody with a phone or camera. I was afraid of any kind of social media. FFW a few years and things have changed, I now find that I love to have my picture taken with anybody and everybody unless I feel that someone is doing it to mock me or just being a F-smart ass. Then its a middle finger to the joker.
    Anyway I have been to a few public fundraising events in the last 6 months that are not LGBT related and I sometimes get my pics taken with a lot of public figure folks posting them on FB the next day! I have become friends with a lot of these people via my "female persona" and now I really get excited when I see myself out there with the rest of the world on social media. It feels like I am free!
    Last Nov my picture was on the back of a Gay Magazine from a halloween party even though I'm not gay LOL and recently I have just been asked by a friend to walk front row at the next Provincial Pride Parade which would be an honor but I admit I will be scared! Also I will be attending an upcoming fashion show in 2 weeks and might be having my pic taken there too and possibly on You Tube as well.
    To the point, I always seem to wake up the next day after a big event whether its a Pride Parade or a public event and say to myself what the F did you just do Captain Bonehead? What did you just do? You just had your picture taken with the world! Then after a month or so I find time heals everything and I seem to be looking for something bigger and better.

May you all keep looking for something bigger and better with your lives!

Cheers my friends!

You seem truly happy in your own skin - congrats

Banned Read only
    Launa,
    I have to agree with you, about having pictures taken and the having second thoughts aka Captain Bonehead.
    I wouldn't want to be without the pictures, how else will we remember what we looked liked and how the event went . Is it narcissistic or validation ? All I know is when seeking help through counselling they put over my CDing message clearer than talking about it when attending dressed was out of the question.

Banned Read only
    Interesting thread Launa, I was just thinking the exact same thing...all about 'raising the bar'! I think I look OK but now my skills are improving I, well, expect a little more 😉

I must admit that i, th baby of my family, even though i have striven to serve others well, and worked hard, am a severe narcissist . It is not just my dressing, too. I complain about having no SO, but I am too blasted into myself to have one, and love to post my photos wherever i can.