Thread: addicted to going out

addicted to going out

after my first outing i cannot wait to go for next outing. The thing is I don't really like going to bar and I am really busy doing work and stuff so that going at night is less likely to happen since i have to spend time with my GF.
    The only time i have for my self is when I am working from home. That alone, I have to wait until my daily meeting online and then I need to spend 1 hour to do my make up and then going out, while still on the clock.
    Oh well, i need more practice to do my makeup quick enough.

I would check out the shopping malls until you gain confidence.

Nothing like a safe daytime stroll.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Malls, libraries, bookstores, coffee houses, nature trails, movie theaters, amusement parks -- pretty much any place you'd go en drab. There are no CD venues; there are just places people go. Even crossdressed, you're a people.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U say potayto, I say potahto.

U enjoy venturing out in Mugglesville. I always get stressed out!

I LOVE my unjudgemental little closet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by chloe cute View Post
    The only time i have for my self is when I am working from home. That alone, I have to wait until my daily meeting online and then I need to spend 1 hour to do my make up and then going out, while still on the clock.
    Ok, time to draw breath, slow down and make a plan.

By "Still on the clock" I take it you mean being paid by your employer. Skiving off from work can land you in all sorts of trouble. Wanting to go out is addictive and can distort your reality as to what's important. You just need to find ways to manage it. Also as you say evenings are time to be spent with the GF, does that mean you're in the closet to her? If so then look for a support group to visit and make some new friends. If not, go to a restaurant, the cinema, do the things you'd normally do together. Then still go to the support group.

Enjoy your new found freedom but do so wisely.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Reality Check
    "addicted" is a pretty strong word and probably one you should not use around people with true addictions.

You need to be able to control your crossdressing and not let it control you. As Helen pointed out, dressing or putting on makeup can cause problems if your employer is paying you to do something else.

Take some time and think seriously about this.

It can be a very strong desire. I have experienced the need to go out everytime I dressed, since I feel its one way to experience being a girl, by going out and being amongst others.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

The more I dress, the stronger I have the desire to go out. I'm not there yet. A few more steps before I get that much courage. I have driven in heeled boots and underdressed once or twice.

Aspiring Member
    I know what that's like, too. I go out once or twice a week, and every time, it makes we want to go out more. I don't think it's addiction though. I think it's because every time I go out, nothing bad happens, which makes it easier to do the next time. I guess it kind of qualifies my ability to appear to be female, which improves my confidence.

Calling crossdressing an addiction is probably too strong. I go out dressed as much as I can because only when I'm en femme do I feel my best. I'm more enegetic, more relaxed, and just plain in a great mood. It just feels right and natural somehow. Being in drab makes me feel uncomfortable and just not right.
    As for those who still feel they need courage to go out dressed, the main thing to consider is that most people around you don't care. If you just take a positive stance and not worry so much about they other people, you'll get by just fine.
    One thing which really spurs me on to cross dress is that I am sick and tired of seeing GGs dressed in attire which would look fine on males. I like to dress in a very feminine fashion in rebellion against this style.