Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Years On This Forum!

10 Years On This Forum!

My how time flies! I just noticed I've exceeded 1000 posts. Not such a big deal. I'm way behind some of you. But, in a couple of months I'll mark 10 years on this board! How many of you have been around that long? I am getting so old! I remember several of us from way back then, but most have disappeared. This has been a good place for me. Neat to think back on how I've changed, and how I haven't. There's quite a study of my life posted on this board. There's quite a study of a lot of our lives on here. Kinda neat, kinda scary. Guess it's be much the same in another 10 years. I wonder if I ever thought there would be an end point. I don't know that I ever thought about it, but I can't imagine that as a kid I ever thought I'd be 58 years old and still doing the things I do. It's going to make for an interesting assisted living place some day!

Time is going faster, it seems! Don't worry! We'll all be dead soon! LOL True though. Your thread reminds me that this is also my tenth year on this site. 51 when i started, going on 62. And, you are right, most have come on, and left, never to be heard from again.

As we age time does seem to go faster, My sons theory about this is that when we are 10 one year is only one tenth of our life, however when your 60 it is only one sixtieth of our life. Therefore it seems to go six times faster.

There are a number of psychologists that agree with your son with one refinement -- the reason time speeds up is because you're spending more time dealing with familiar situations. You don't learn from them, you just deal with them so you don't bother to remember them. When you're young, everything is a new situation, so you are more aware of each passing moment since you're learning. The corollary is that if you want to have a long (and happy) life, keep learning.

Can you imagine as a kid you would be using a typewriter keyboard to communicate with others instead of the "Bell Telephone"
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Beverley, none of us are that old! Just kidding.

I also started 10 yrs ago. Now at 68 I look back at all the things that have changed and wonder where we will be in the next 10 yrs.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not been here quite that long but there are quite a few members that seem to have stop posting.
    People move on I guess and thats ok too.

Gold Member
    I have been here for about 7 years, and over 6,600 posts. WOW !!!
    Like you, I am getting old, will be 69 in about 2 weeks now.
    I must remember to stop counting birthdays, They just keep getting you older.
    Rader

Over 10 years for me as well, pretty crazy how time flies.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

congrats to that goal....I just made almost 500 posts and I still have a long way to go in understanding me
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

We follow each others lives on here in ways we probably don't share with anybody else. It's pretty wild that some of you on here know me better than anybody in my daily life!

I just check my profile, and I am going to 10 years soon starting from 2007. Time sure flies. We see people come and go. Me myself sometimes did not check in for months. But once in a while I will come by and see what is the topics, though I don't post much.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cristy2 View Post
    Beverley, none of us are that old! Just kidding.
    One ringey dingey, two ringey dingey . . . This is the Operator, snort snort.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Im going on 7 years now on the site....
    Ive enjoyed every minute of it.
    Connecting with my sisters has been so enjoyable!

10 years for me also.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Congrats, Rhonda Jean! 58? U young whipper snapper!

But, you're an old timer if you've been around here longer than I!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    There are a number of psychologists that agree with your son with one refinement -- the reason time speeds up is because you're spending more time dealing with familiar situations. You don't learn from them, you just deal with them so you don't bother to remember them. When you're young, everything is a new situation, so you are more aware of each passing moment since you're learning. The corollary is that if you want to have a long (and happy) life, keep learning.
    I find this very interesting and can see now why Ive had time pass by slower or faster, very deep.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

I just posted how I was at 2 years! I even mentioned that there are girls on here with wayyyy more than that! Irony!
    Congratulations Rhonda! To another 10 more!
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Going on 8, but I started @ 62.
    Time flies when you're having fun.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

OMG! Me too. Nearly 10 years here myself. I'll be 56 in August and can't even believe how time has slipped away. Thankfully, there is one thing that has not changed, and that is the great community that we are all able to have and share right here on CD.com!

Platinum Member
    Hi Rhonda, I'm coming up on my 8th anniversary here later this year,
    It's amazing that we can have so many friends all over the world with just a click of the mouse.

This forum has helped me be a better lady, I would have never pierced my ears with out
    the encouragements of the wonderful ladies on this forum.

Every evening I go through the Birthday Calendar and it's amazing how many ladies have
    dropped off of the forum.

Hi Bev , I remember the big wooden box telephone on the wall with a hand crank
    to call the operator to place your call.

Thanks to all of my friends that has made this a wonderful forum. >Orchid
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Congrats, Rhonda Jean! 58? U young whipper snapper!

But, you're an old timer if you've been around here longer than I!
    Doc, you know you used to scare me! Through this forum, though, I've come to know you as such a lovely person and one of my faves!

In December, it will be ten years for me as well!

congratulations, that is dedication and stamina!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er