Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Years On This Forum!

Time indeed does fly by. I just checked and my join date was 3/28/05 Soon will be 11 years here with all you lovely ladies.

Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

rhonda congratz, you are a real stalwart member, coming here and sharing with folks from all reaches of the globe is a freeing experience.

i miss lots that move on for whatever reason, but i fear for the missed opportunities of the ones who post a hello and never really take advantage of this resource,
    i to sometimes ponder the changes of myself and even scroll through old threads after doing a search looking for some info. lots of good with a mix of scary.
    dont think of yourself as getting older, think of it as more experienced !

hope you have another 10 or more to go....maybe you will find a sister at the living facility....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Just starting my 6th year here,( would have been sooner but I didn't get my PC until late in life ), and only a baby at 62 with near 1500 posts. I know when I go back and read my early posts I can't believe how I've grown in just such a short time and I blame all you old timers. Where will I be in ten years? maybe in my flying car slowing down traffic in the passing lanes.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I guess so...

It's been 8 years for me but I don't think I posted anything the first couple of years. I was also absent all of 2015. And I do wonder what happened to some of the frequent posters that I haven't seen since coming back.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Oh my! Aug 24, 2004. My daughter was 10 years old when I joined. She is graduating college in May

Gday girls
    Nice to know most of you intend to stick around . Though as a recent member cant imagine 1000's of posts. I can only take my hat off to you all and thankyou for enriching each and every other members lives with your wisdom and humour.
    While not old 52 still remember the party line, the number was a combination of short and long rings, only discontinued ten years ago. I think it was one of the last non auto exchanges here in Oz.
    Gina shiney

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    excuse me while i blow the dust off this thing

CindyB with only 45 posts , makes me look a blabber mouth ....

member since 2005!! and i recall coming here way before, as a guest! too scared to join! Man, how time changes things.....

Congrats Rhonda!! My, how time does fly. My ten years on here will be along in Oct. Its just unreal how fast time goes when you get older!!

Congrats, RJ! Ten years any where these days is really an accomplishment. PM me sometime and we can go have a drink to celebrate!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Just went and looked, I have 10years also, time really does fly

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Another here who has had the support of this forum for over ten years. I"ve noticed I post far more since I bought a tablet. No more waiting for the PC to boot up.

It's a pleasure to have read all your posts over the years, Rhonda. I'm so glad that you stuck around.
    Reine

I thought I had been on here a while, but couldn't remember when. It turns out I turned ten last September. Time flies when you are having fun. In fact, time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana... attributed to Groucho Marx.
    Please call me Lisa!

Wow, funny I read this thread and I will be ten years March 29th. I too was a lurker for a year or so before that. Really enjoy reading most of the threads here.

It's just nice to have a place to talk about this stuff when the desire hits. The first time was back when there was no real web; compuserve was the biggest online neighborhood, and it took me about a year I think to find that they had sexually oriented bullitin boards. I think the first person I wrote to was TS, and shortly thereafter found out about the alt.transgendered newsgroup, a wild unmoderated place where anything and everything was discussed, and flame wars were frequent. In a way, I kind of miss the unmoderated freedom of discussion, there's so much more information we don't get here. I understand the legal fears of the powers that be.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

What did we ever do before the internet? I look through the responses to this thread and elsewhere on this forum and realize y'all really are my friends! Y'all know more about me than almost anybody, have seen me through bad and good, given and taken advice, and just talked about all kinds of mindless subjects. Just like... Friends! Pretty cool!

I don't think I belonged to any cd related forum before this. I was married and had little to know private time with the computer. I had long hair then, so I think my online communities were hair and fashion forums. Early on I had to sneak around to visit here.

I've said it before, but it's downright disturbing the abruptness of the departure of some of the girls on here. I took a hiatus, but some of these girls never return. We do come to care for one another. When someone just suddenly disappears from the face of the planet it's bothersome.

I've changed so much since I joined here. There are young girls on here who will look back when they're my age and have 4 decades on here. That'll be amazing. I won't be around to see it, but predictably this will only get bigger.