Thread: To Stress to Dress

To Stress to Dress

So I've been having a pretty stressful few months and its gotten even more stressful the past couple of weeks. I won't go into it too much just work, bills and life in general. But I have noticed that it's affecting my attitude towards dressing, usually I would go straight for an outfit if I had a hard day and that would solve my stress issues, at least for a while. But recently I have been so stressed out I can't even think straight My GF has even prompted me to get dressed but I have thrown myself into work so much lately that I finish working at 10pm or 11pm and by that time I just want to chill Oh man I need a vacation but can't even do that with because I'm too busy trying to keep my business head above water Has anyone else experienced this? I don't usually let things get on top of me but I have about a month left to get the business back on track or its finished Oh well just needed to vent somewhere else as I think I'm driving my GF crazy with all the worrying I've been doing.
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

Yes, there have been times when I've been too busy to dress, like when each of my kids were newborns. Do what needs to get done and don't worry about it. I never want dressing to feel like a chore; if it isn't fun, don't do it.

Yes, know the feeling of being too tired and worn out, and mentally stressed, to put on anything,just hitting the hay. Sometimes we can be so stressed, nd tired, we cannot sleep. I know when i was working, and knew i had a physically gruelling day the next day, i could not sleep all night. You are so very fortunate to have GF who is not opposed to your dressing.

I've been super stressed lately and often I feel too stressed out to dress. But I force myself to do it anyway. Nothing fancy. A bra with forms, a pull-over dress and a wig. Even if it's just for a short time, it helps enormously with the stress. I'm not sure how I'd be able to handle things without it.

There was a two week stretch after moving in which I had no dressing urges, boxed everything up, and bought some men's boxers and underwear.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

you ladies look great so dont worry.

Banned Read only
    OMG Nicole, Livin the nightmare (dream?) myself right now! 😧

I used to have moments like that.

You do have to watch the cash flow and that usually means a bit of stressing and no dressing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe it depends on how u dress, Nicole? Do u just throw on a few bits and pieces or have to dress all the way to the max?

When I was just starting out, I'd often just throw on a pair of nyons or pantiehose for the evening. But now, it's all or nothing. Now, throwing on a few pieces is like eating a burned piece of dry toast for breakfast!

Since it takes me an hour or so to dress to the 9's, I rarely if ever, do an unplanned dressing session anymore.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, Yes, Yes, I know about stress, to much do I know about Stress. Talk away if it helps, I think youve got a lot of good listeners here.

If u let the stress take control it WILL KILL YOU!!!!!! You really need to chill a bit. Take a couple of days off, say Sat. and Sun. and do nothing. Maybe dress or go shopping, you gotta break the cycle.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Think of any GG, especially a mother, who is having stressful long work conditions, and is also trying to balance her priorities with her children. Taking them to their functions, helping them with their school projects, sports, music or whatever else. Then dealing with whatever friends and family that is going on. When a woman is under that kind of stress, when everything is falling down on her at once, with what little time left she has for herself, the last thing she wants to do is dress up, apply make up, do her hair etc etc. She is just way to worn out. What you are experiencing with your business stress is in a way similar. It's life, and none of us when we get that kind of life stress going on has much left in the tank to spend any time on ourselves. We are just too worn out, burned out and tired to do so.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

As my children were growing up I stopped dressing for about 15 years.
    So busy and no safe time or place to get dressed.
    I am glad I kept my stash over the years.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Hang in there. You're not alone. Despite all the crap you need to take care of yourself.

Aspiring Member
    I get the chance to dress about 2 times every week, and I really look forward to them - especially as I can usually go out during those times. However, there are times when I am just so tired from work that I can't muster up the energy to do so, and I end up just slipping on something big and baggy and comfortable and staying in. And then later I really kick myself for not grabbing the opportunity while I had it.
    But I don't beat myself up too much about it - life's too short.

I just went through something like that. My business cash flow went bad last fall, and by mid January things were pretty dire. I started a refi on my house, and it took six weeks to close it and get everything paid up. January and February were an absolute hell of anxiety and panic attacks. Once it was all over I just wanted to go off and spend four or five days at my favorite hotel in Palm Springs, wearing bikinis on the private patio and in the hot tub.

But now business has picked up and there is no time, and Palm Springs hotel rates are through the roof this year. Even though I could afford it I don't want to spend the money on the hotel.

And you want to hear the worst part? My wife wants us to go visit her relatives in the Seattle area the second week of May -- the same week as Esprit in Port Angeles. I already know she will never let me go to Esprit. I tried to talk to her last year about attending a convention and she flat out refused to let me. I could just cry.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Yes can definitely relate. I've been so stressed lately I just don't have the desire to get pretty. I'm starting mindfulness meditation to manage the stress. Hopefully I'll be back in a dress soon.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

I'm sorry that your business is threatened. I hope you can get it back on track. It's understandable you would prioritize saving it over the crossdressing.

My SO does not think of the CDing when his schedule is full. This happens to all of us. When I'm on a tight deadline, I have trouble taking time off too.
    Reine

I totally get that! My dressing has slowed a bunch when I end up being very busy with other things. In those times I will sometimes stop and think about dressing but find I'm not up to it. When things ease up I always find the time