Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Your "High Point"?

So many high points in the two years since my wife accepted and saw me fully dressed for the first time. This is overwhelmingly the most important thing as it has given me the chance to speak regularly with her and to dress openly when the occasion permits. The other highs have to be:

Walking into a cocktail bar at a CD event and ordering a drink as Michelle, dressed for the occasion and the feeling of being an elegant woman mingling in a busy bar. This was my first time out and visible to anyone other than my wife.

Putting on my wig for the first time and seeing the utter transformation...how this just feminised my whole look and had me staring with joy at the mirror as I saw a face framed with long hair that I could scarcely recognise. This was the finishing touch to complement my female outfits and it gave me the confidence to feel I could perhaps present semi plausibly as a woman. A real high.

Last one would be going out and walking down the street dressed for the first time , with the sound of my heels clacking on the pavement.

Michelle
    Michelle

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I guess one high point was looking in the mirror after a pro makeover by Amy. I said, "Hello Carla, nice to see you." And then held back the tears.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Every single time I step out the door dressed up is a high point, the greatest adventure begins. It never lets up and never becomes "old hat," even after several decades of cross dressing.

Aspiring Member
    That's one powerful photo flatlander_48. For me it was walking into a very public area in broad daylight a few months ago. Now you have to understand I am 6'5". No one said a word, I was treated with kindness, no looks, nothing. It was a non event and one of the most peace filled times I can recall.

Silver Member
    I would say going out on a date as a girl. My friend played the guy and I was dressed as Sandra Dee. He had a 57 chevy convertible. We went to a costume party and sox hop at the drive in movies. Wore a white blouse, white bra that showed, poodle skirt with 3 petticoats. Had the shoes and bobby socks. My landlady who was a beautician did my makeup and hair. The cool part no one knew I was a guy and we were one of the winning entries. Gave me the confidence to dress full time except for work and school.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    My high point was telling my wife.
    Yep, that one not only took sooo much stress off but seriously strengthened the relationship! YMMV of course (I'm not a lawyer but I play one on TV 😉 ) ... it takes a lot of 'intestinal fortitude' but it just MIGHT be the the best thing you'll ever do!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by bimini1 View Post
    That's one powerful photo flatlander_48.
    Thanks so much!!

Later that month I did brief discussions on the concept of Transgenderism and showed a photo of DeeAnn followed by an explanation. Along with having 1/1 discussions with my daughter and son, my then department manager and about 8 close friends, the overall total was 200+.

Quote Originally Posted by bimini1 View Post
    For me it was walking into a very public area in broad daylight a few months ago. Now you have to understand I am 6'5". No one said a word, I was treated with kindness, no looks, nothing. It was a non event and one of the most peace filled times I can recall.
    The thing that people often forget is that there are genetic women in the population who are that tall, and taller. You're probably not going to see one every day, but they are out there!

Continued Good Times!

DeeAnn

My high point was probably when I was still married, and we were going to therapy together for several reasons, one of which was my crossdressing. At that point, my wife was in the 'accepting, but doesn't like it' stage. Or it appeared that she was. Her joining several support groups, which all told her how evil I was and of course started all the war stories about husbands who were really gay or TS and just lied to their wives all the time, planted the seeds of hate in her, and within three years it was all over, as was the 'high point'. It was all downhill from there. So now I live in the valley, 200 feet below sea level. Lots of women in the valley, none of them interested in crossdressers. So I date straight, test the waters about how they feel about TG and crossdressing, and am inevitably dissapointed, break it off, and start all over. It's kind of like buying lottery tickets; you don't expect to ever win, but at least there's a infinitesimal possibility. And maybe pigs will fly. We'll see.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I've recently had a few high points. After my SO caught me dressed up she said,"At least you look cute." After numerous deep conversations she has become a pillar of support and encouragement, I couldn't ask more of her.

A few months ago at the grocery store (I was in girl mode) a middle aged Hispanic woman came up to me and told me how proud she was to see me go out with the courage to be myself. My jaw about hit the floor.

I like the part were sometimes miss said " its like buying a lottery ticket ' I have won. When i first met my wife 10 yrs ago, on our first date I had been invited to her home as the weather was very bad. I told her that i would bring a bottle of wine an a pot of venison chille. After eating ,an some wine I could see we liked one another an it was going to be a very nice night. I made it a practes to let any women that I met that I was a C D. It makes life easier, for me anyway. Her reply was so what I am a Greanage Vllage girl. So ten yrs later plus, we go out every were. Goin out as sister is the best. JO

My high point, the day I officially joined here and said, Yes I am a cross dresser, Bad feelings, guilt are in the past, Im done with that, I have a new job, acceptance and a smile on my face, right along with a new attitude, Life is good.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Banned Read only
    To all who have, or will, post here...

One of the reasons that I like to read threads like this is because it validates us. While my personal situation is pretty good, we do have to realize that we are, at the very least, on the fringes of accepted behavior if not beyond. But, the fact that our numbers are growing and many people are not just doing well, but thriving, should help to give us great hope for the future irrespective of our current situations.

In the broader sense, this is what Community is about. If you're doing well, let us feel that positive energy. If you're in the midst of difficulties, allow yourself to be embraced and bouyed by the strength and example of others. The only way to do this is to move forward together.

So, ladies, keep doing what you're doing!

DeeAnn

Aspiring Member
    My high point is that I realize I have a feminine aspect to my personality. It also comes about mainly when I have a lot of stress.

In a way it relieves my tensions and worries.

I have actually enjoyed myself when dressed and presented as a woman. I also have been moving towards being more feminine and woman like.

The best part is that I make a very attractive and passable woman when dressed.
    Also I look so much younger as a woman than a male.

It's a win-win situation.

Why fight it! Enjoy it!

I'm still waiting for my high point. Hope it gets here before I expire!! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I guess my high point (so far) has been going out en femme with my sister. My wife and I are in a IDWTS ("I don't want to see ") relationship, so the chance to spend time with a gg was invaluable. I got a make over in the morning then met up withy sister noonish. Spent the afternoon at a museum then out to dinner together. She told me I had a 'good Saturday look' going . That was pretty nice to hear.

I've had lots of high points, mostly associated with family and career. But as far as getting my life together, the highest point was accepting myself as transgendered. Before that point, I was frustrated and unhappy most of the time, without ever knowing why. I had a great family and a successful career, but it didn't make any difference. But shortly after I accepted myself as transgendered, all that changed. I would wake up in the night crying -- tears of joy. Because I'd finally figured it out. I knew who I was. Since that time my life has finally come together. There are still frustrations, but I can deal with them without going to pieces. I'm happy most of the time, for the first time in my life. I'm living my high point right now.
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 04-11-2016 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Stupid spell checker