Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Your "High Point"?

What's Your "High Point"?

I've been doing alot of reflecting back on my teenage years, and thinking about how much I hated myself for wanting to crossdress, no matter how hard I tried to shake the urges.
    I was raised in a church, and taught that being gay or bisexual is a sin, and that trans people are messed up in the head.. So when I would find myself putting on my mom's mascara and lipstick, I'd feel this rush of happiness flood over me, and then almost as fast as it came, it went away, leaving me feeling ashamed... staring at a freak in the mirror.. "What the hell is wrong with me"...

Once I moved out, around the age of 19, I started to order crossdressing items off the Internet. I'd have a pretty nice collection going, and then after a big dress up session, I'd feel ashamed of myself, and I threw EVERYTHING away. The infamous Purge. Well a couple weeks would go by, and I'd find myself searching for more stuff online to order.. It was just a vicious cycle.

My girlfriend at the time (now wife) found some pictures I had taken of myself dressed up.. At that point, we had been together for a couple years. I've wanted to tell her about me ever since I started talking to her, but could never find the courage. Well now that she saw pictures, it was pretty much out.
    We didn't talk about the pictures for almost a year, until we had a "coming clean" conversation one night.. I told her that ever since I was little, I've been into dressing up like a woman. That I'm not gay. And it's not something I chose to be into..
    She didn't really understand, but she said she'd do her best to try.

That's been 3 years ago or so, and over the time, I've slowly been introducing her to more and more things. She's taken me shopping for girl clothes, we've done makeup together, just stuff like that.

She's still not 100% comfortable with me crossdressing, but I can tell she's trying for me, which is all I can ask for!

So going from being depressed, hating myself, purging everything I would buy- to being happy, loving life, and not having any urges to purge... I can definitely say that my "High Point" in my crossdressing has been finally opening up to my love, and finally starting to accept myself!

What's your high point??

Banned Read only
    My high point, female and society acceptance and manufacturers/designers offering more fem. type clothing for men.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-16-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: complaining about women "get to...We don't" isn't allowed here.

Becca,
    Congratulations on your high point, keep working at it and it will get better.

My high point was when I was twenty and simgle.

Things evened out a little since then.

I am getting older wider and heavier. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Every day when my wife says she loves me.

Banned Read only
    My high point was telling my wife.

Aspiring Member
    My highest was a friend whom I had told about my crossdressing asking me about it without any prejudice or negative tone. He accepted it as it were, and I was already ecstatic to even find anyone who did. Not that I have a remotely certain chance for him to see me crossdressed at this point, but to get this far is already cause for joy.

Second to that was telling my parents. Sure, it was bad, I will never crossdress in front of them, I understand it's a little difficult for them to share this part of me, but the sense of relief that 'at least they knew' still stands. Above all, the consequences were far from calamitous and it forced me to look at my dressing differently.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Coming to terms with who I am and not caring what others think.
    Second place would be coming out to a GGF I have known for 30 years and she was like "ok thats cool I never knew you were into that."

I've had so many high points - being accepted, going out together with Cat... I could go on. The point I would like to make is this. Where you are now is wonderul, I hope, for both of you.

As for the religious issue? Forget it!.
    What a load of rubbish. Don't want to get theological, but if anyone wants to argoe this, PM me. It is NOT for Forum discussion.

Stay safe,. Dress as you want, and love, love love your lady.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-16-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Religion of any sort, no exceptions. General broad we allow
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

My high point is virtually the same as yours. Having come out to my wife nearly 4 years ago, and now finally beginning to see her taking steps to better understand me and engage in conversation about clothing and makeup is a real beginning to me if her making a real effort toward some degree of acceptance.
    I am fortunate to have my wife whom I love so much.
    Di

Banned Read only
    Becca,
    Your very lucky to have hit the high point at your age with your wife, some of still haven't got there yet .

As for my high point it's very much like Bev's it happened before I got married with an ex GF , I better not say anymore

As for a more recent high point it has to be walking out the door fully dressed and driving to my first social evening .

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The very first time my wife and I planned for me partially to dress, and I had done just that, after admiring my legs (which was amazing in itself) she then said, "we have to buy you a dress"! I think my mouth must have hung open as she immediately turned to a computer and started looking for the dress.

A lesser but very wonderful moment a number of years later occirred when out of the blue she turned to me and said, "I think Tina is really sweet." Do I love that woman, or what!

Great responses, girls!

I definitely know what you mean, Lilyy. I was having a hard time getting my thoughts into words on my original post. But you said it nicely "at least they know".

Before my wife knew my secret, it was only me. And I didn't think anyone would accept me. So yeah. It was hard.
    But finally coming out to my wife was a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders.

I don't foresee me telling anyone else about me, unless somehow it gets leaked and people start asking questions.

Again, great responses!!

My high point came when I fully realized that my dressing was normal and just a part of who I am. (Three years of therapy helped.)

From this I realized that I don't need to pass or even try to.
    I can find ways to dress that are not intrusive into my life.
    I can be comfortable with who I am and what I am doing.
    I wear panties and a bra every day. (I found a bra that is actually my size and is not obvious under my normal clothes. My little AA man boobs actually fill it up which is nice. )
    I wear jeans designed for women and nobody notices.
    For the times when I need to go further, I have forms, some skirts, garters, stockings and a few pair of heels in my closet that I can wear around the house.

I do live by myself so I don't face SO issues. If I do find someone, I guess it may change things but I plan to be upfront about this aspect of my life as soon as I feel things may get serious.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

It has to be a tie, between the first full day i was out, 12 hours in several cities and towns, in western Washington in 2005, in a short dress. And last summer in Stoughton Wisconsin, walking around downtown, and actually going into a bakery, ordering cream puffs, then going across the street, and going into a post office, and buying stamps, talking with a male postal counter worker! Many people saw me while driving, and others walking.

My high point (at present) would have to be on this site. The stories advice and information are really helping me understand myself. I only found it by chance after looking for a local support group under advice by my psychologist. Un usually for me clicked on it and paradise.
    Gina shiney

My high point was finally letting the real me out of the closet. Finally realizing that I am a guy who just likes to look and feel pretty from time to time. And telling my wife. That was a pretty high point too. :-)

so far and only so far....going to a few parties in town and the wife knew. I love going to them and hanging with the girls. In the future, I hope to attend more and be able to dress in full around my wife...we are about half way there, but you need to be slow and patient. She is slowly coming around and we are very honest with each other...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

My high point was my wife accepting who I am
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

My high point was telling my wife after hiding it for years. She does not like it or understand but does help me buy clothes on occasion.
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

My high point has been just living as a girl openly and recently starting to date a girl who is amazing and gay.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Banned Read only
    This. Being on stage and introducing myself as DeeAnn in front of ~130 people...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My high point is every day when I get home and give my loving wife a hug and kiss, knowing that although our relationship could be more accepting, we still love each other, and I can dress as much as I need.

I really love this thread...you girls are inspirational!

my high point has been every time i had the courage to take what i used to only show my mirror out into the world. i would love to have the courage so many of you have had, but I've never been strong enough to share this side of myself with my SOs. I used to think it was because i was afraid of being rejected, but now im starting to realize that i'm afraid of accepting myself, and without that, I dont feel confident asking someone to accept me also. but this thread helps

My high point to which there are many, but will say that I am a fortunate person to have a wife, who has accepted and loved me all of these 40 plus years.

As for myself, it has been that after all of my 60 plus years, I recently have now accepted the fact, that I am a Cder. And now wonder why, it took so long to realize that fact.
    Last edited by Lucey; 03-16-2016 at 11:17 PM.

I still remember what I guess would be my high point. I purchased my first quality wig from Voguewigs.com, The brand was a Forever Young, I don't remember the style, but I was bummed to find that it was out of production when I wanted to replace it (I purged twice a few years ago). Anyway, I remember the day I put the wig on in the mirror and I was just stunned and excited with how I looked. I knew from that point on that I was going to have fun with my new life, and make no mistake you do have a new and different life when you start crossdressing. That's been about 6 years ago now. I'm so happy with my progress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]