Thread: Adventure time costume

Adventure time costume

So me my wife and daughter were discussing costumes for Halloween not sure how we got on the topic in March but never mind. My 4 year old daughter decides she is going as Gunter ( the penguin ) my wife is the ice king and daddy should be the bubblegum princess as he would look pretty in a dress.
    My daughter does not know about judy.
    My wife nearly peed herself trying not to laugh.
    Does anyone else use fancy dress occasions to go out.

Out of the mouths of babes!
    I'd go for it, don't forget that Halloween is the crossdressers time to shine and other costumed events are equivalent, plus I think your daughter would get a big kick out of it.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I was a witch last year before I came out or even realised who I was she picked that outfit too.

Grab the opportunity with both hands and ride it for all it's worth!

Your daughter will always remember it and don't forget to get pictures.

Who knows, this might become a family "tradition" every year.

We could only hope.....

My wife is looking for fabrics to make me a pink princess gown already.

Fantastic! My wife, kids, and I are big fans of Adventure Time too. I've done drag for two Halloween costume parties: once as Christina Aguilera and once as a cheerleader. One time my wife suggested that I join my two girls to form a PowerPuff girls trio, but we never did it.

My wife and daughter watch it religiously unfortunately I don't get much time to watch tv someone has to be the housewife

How great for you. I agree you should go for it. A couple Halloween's ago an organization we belong to had a "Pimp n Ho" dance. What a perfect occasion for me to be the Ho and my wife the Pimp. We had an awesome time. I did find out the challenges women in 4" heels endure a very short time into the evening though.

Banned Read only
    I still have to suffer through that cartoon with my granddaughter who is turning 16. I think you should to go for it. It will be a precious memory of her father. I saw something recently on the television about a big burly guy doing the same for his kid. We all pass on someday. She will cherish that picture. And, when she get older maybe her daddy in a dress will not be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by judie View Post
    My wife and daughter watch it religiously unfortunately I don't get much time to watch tv someone has to be the housewife

I've gone out about 30 times in fancy dress ,but have not yet gone out normal
    although after a weekend of carnival here in germany this year me and so went shopping and i only
    had a dirndl with me ,so i wore that out and about and had good reactions from staff
    that was great

I'd go for it! I'm already looking forward to the next halloween after getting my first taste of dressing up last halloween!

Thirty years ago my SO did a black cat and I a witch. Her daughter wanted me to repeat the witch with her and her mother as black cats the following year. The mother opted out at the last minute but the daughter and I had a great time going all over town.

Judie,

Quite often there is a theme party I go to with friends, they always like to see which female character I am appearing as.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I go out once a month in a fancy dress to some kind of function. This time next year I will be ready with a dark green, sequin party dress and a bunch of accessories for St Patrick's day!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never dressed for Halloween or have worn a costume.

Sounds great to me. I don't usually get in costume for Halloween anyway so I don't think I could find a way to pull it off but I'd sure love to.

Liz57

I did when I was 8yrs old. I thought of doing it again but to much of a chicken.

Dressing up at Halloween is so common that they call Halloween the crossdresser's Christmas!

Your daughter will probably change her mind a million times between now and then. Your wife might change her mind too. But I don't blame you if you don't change your mind, the Bubble Gum Princess does have a pretty pink dress!

I found a CDer's pic in that costume on Imgur, have a look: http://imgur.com/4kbXK4Z

I can't remember all the costumes my SO wore over the years except as Jane Fonda in Barbarella one year, Elsa in Frozen another, and one year a costume from the 18th or 19th century with a long pouffy dress and sleeves.
    Reine

can not wait for Halloween I want to dress like a witch