Thread: Questions? hope not too heavy..

Questions? hope not too heavy..

It’s a long story so I will spare you the detail. But what started out to be a sore throat became a gastric problem, which ended up me having an angioplasty and a stent in an artery in my heart, and just a few weeks or months from a major heart event if it was not for a sore throat.

I’m ok now but I wanted to ask a question.

Of course, I won't be the only one to have a new piece of heart hardware and who happens to be a fluid dresser ( a new phrase for me lol).

It started me thinking, how is it going to affect me (Gail). Properly not at all and
    What would have happened if I did have a major heart event when dressed? If in the closet what then?

So my question is, does anyone else think what if it happened to me?

Hope it's not too deep, its meant to be a light-hearted question (excuse the pun ).

P.s. I still have a sore throat……..
    I'll make sure that I always have a clean pair of knickers (my mom always said that)

Gail xxxx

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Gail so glad this was caught before it could have been more serious for sure.
    As far as do I think of something happening while out dressed I think any of us would be lying if we didn't. I don't dwell on it but I'm sure it would be uncomfortable at first but I would just care more about my health and make sure I got better.
    The clothes are just clothes it should not be that big a deal

Banned Read only
    For a week my wife is visiting her cousin in AZ. My wife knows I like to wear women's clothing. It's DADT. I notice when I was in the bathroom yesterday that she put away her quick go to cosmetics; mainly lip stick and lip liners. They're usually on the vanity in front of the mirror. Frankly, I would not use another persons cosmetics. I have my own. She does not know the extent of my wardrobe. I have hung some of the dresses I will be wearing and the appropriate slip (length and color) is also hanging with each dress. The rest is in its place. It's been a while since she has been out of state for an extended period of time...yeah! I will be going for drives to return books, mailing a letter, getting a newspaper from one of those free newspaper boxes. So, what could go wrong?

1) A car accident involving injury, I've been in non injury car accidents (none my fault) several times.
    2) A heart massive heart attack on the street or I drop down dead at home. After not responding to my wife's nightly call, I'm sure my son will use his key to get into the house. Huh? Dad's dead in a dress? Surprise from the afterlife. Now if I am still breathing I'll be hauled off to one of the local hospitals. Probably the one which specializes in heart attacks, which is also where my sister-in-law works. Surprise!

I don't know whether or not you get a yearly checkup. At a certain age it is prudent to start really getting those physicals. But, if you do not survive a heart attack while en femme, then the question arises. Do we lay him out in a suit? Or do we lay her out in a dress, wig and makeup?

Yes, i have been thinking a lot about what happens if i get reaally sick, injured seriously, or killed, or drop dead. I live alone with two cats. No one checks on me at all. I suppose the landlord would eventually, if i did not call the rent is ready. Ugly experience for him. A lady who lived in this place died here, before i moved in. If i got hurt, laid up in a hospital or nursing home, I guess my brother and sister would come in, and be shocked at what is in my closet, and in drawers, a few purses, duffle bags, wigs. I would be ridiculed as long as they or i lived, and my 95 yr old dad would be tol, and my mean brother in prison would be told. Family hell would become family extreme hell and torment. I am having big left hip pain, and may possible need a hip replacement sometime. I hope and pray not!! So, i will be wise, to put all my lady things and clothes, into a few large bins, and write, " charity store" on them, taping the top shut, just in cast i am laid up, or dead. I worry about my cats having no one, too.

I've had paramedics haul me to the hospital after a near fatal food poisoning event. They really worked hard to help me. I wasn't dressed, so no big deal. If I was, I'm sure they would have a grand time with it back at the fire station, but what does that matter? Medical people will be professional and do their job.

If your scenario happened to me, I suppose the cat is out of the bag and my life would be MUCH simpler. If I didn't survive, everybody would have a grand time deciding on my burial outfit! Can you imagine the chatter??

ive seen some heavier stuff here than this....

yes i have thought of this and acted, i came out to my wife, can answer her questions and concerns while im still here...but this will not work for all !!!!

so way back i started a thread which one of the GGs inspired me to write,

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...+in+your+stash

ive since wrote letters and keep them in the closet with all my things, one for my wife, and another for my son,
    sort of a way to make my peace with them from beyond.

sorry you still have that sore throat, see your in london so i guessing its not from the healthcare bill like here in the states, they are hard to swallow,
    see you kept your sense of humor, i dont really worry so much about having some of the more embarrassing things that happen now again which folks share about here, tickets, accidents, hospital stays and visits, and yes clean undies are a good idea, may get slightly untidy in the event of an accident though.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I suppose that when push comes to shove, if I had a major heart or other health issue that was life and death whilst I was dressed, I wouldn't give a damn.

I'm out to my wife and sons and the rest of the world can go take a running jump, but I can imagine it would be more of an issue with my wife.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

About a month I started a thread
    ( If someone finds your (stash) is it presentable/respectable? )
    I was thinking what my would wife or children think about me if they found it.
    I should put a letter in it.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Actually this past January I had a mild heart attack and passed out and fell to the floor, when I woke up my wife was calling 911. She hung up and helped me take off my bra and forms and got me dressed in warm clothes before the ambulance showed up. It was snowing and very cold. I had another heart attack last September in which I flatlined in the ER. I was wearing panties and my toes were polished in deep pink, so she made sure my socks stayed on. The panties don't really matter except the logo Hanes Her Way on the waistband in the colour purple. So it can happen at any given time without an appointment. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful wife and I treasure her dearly.

I think we all worry about something happening to us while dressed, bei it a health problem or somenthing like a traffic accident. Regarding health, if a CD does have a problem like heart trouble, then he would obviously have to consider carefully whether to continue dressing or not.
    Those in reasonable good health should not worry about running into either health problems or accidents. The odds are against this. Life is full of risks and they just have to be taken. Choices? Play it safe and give up crossdressing. Take a bit of a risk, keep crossdressing, and have the time of your life.

I've actually wondered a few of the same things. I'm "in the closet". (although, a few years ago my wife DID find some boots and slacks that I was using in our basement and asked if I thought they belonged to someone from her Dad's place (we had had a lot of relatives there after his funeral and I had stashed them in a box from there). I told her they were mine and that I liked dressing up sometimes. She said "oh, ok" and that was it. No more discussion) Don't know if she even remembers that as I purged shortly thereafter.
    I've since rebuilt an extensive wardrobe along with some accessories and a couple of wigs. All stashed in a dark corner behind a large suitcase on my side of our closet. I've often wondered "geez, what would happen if I kick the bucket and her and my two daughters (in their 20s) find my stash?" I've also had the thought cross my mind as to what she'd think if, God forbid, anything ever happened while I was dressed and she were to walk in an find me passed out en femme. I don't dwell on it though. Kind of "Hmm...I wonder if...."

Thank you, everyone its so nice to hear from you all.

The one thing I would like to mention girls, from my experience with my heart, please don't take anything for granted. Any pain or ach in the upper part of your chest or back and the arms no matter how small and also especially if you notice it more than once please get it checked out before you get caught out.

Love you all Gail xxxxx

Reality Check
    This subject comes up from time to time so it has been discussed before.

We all take risks with everything we do and we are all going to die or go to the emergency room at some point in our lives.

Medical and emergency professionals see stuff more shocking than men wearing panties and a bra all the time. The will take it in stride and do what's needed. It could get complicated if they are relatives or neighbors but getting treatment is more important than being embarrassed.

It will also get complicated if you are hiding your dressing from your wife or someone living with you so that's another reason to come out to them.

I was putting on my earrings one day and notice that I couldn't control my fingers. I called my wife and asked her to come home and take me to the ER. I changed into male clothing (but left my panties on).

It turned out to be some sort of temporary stroke like event but they did keep me overnight.

The bottom line is, get the medical help you need and don't worry about your clothes. Change if you can but not before calling for help.

Hi, I live alone at the moment and have thought about what might happen if anything happens (?). So I told the people I care about and the others may speculate and gossip to their hearts desire. It was as if an unnoticed weight was lifted from my shoulders. I no longer have to keep people at arms length "just in case".
    I also take care of my health which has benefits in all areas of my life and may help stave off the chances of an incident.
    "Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes"
    The shortness of life prevents us from entertaining far-off hopes. From Horace’s Odes, Book 1,4

Banned Read only
    Gail, you'll have a lot more to think about than being dressed should that happen. No one can live life in "what if" mode. Sh!t happens in guy mode and girl mode. Live life while you have it!

Gail,
    Welcome to the "heavy metal club". That's what my friends and I call it since we all have stents.
    I have 3 and might be getting more, will find out Monday.

I carry my stent card at all time in my purse when I go out. I NEVER give it a second thought, just as I don't think about it when I'm at work or doing anything else drab. I just go about life and forget it's there.
    If something did happen, then OH Well.... it could happen anytime, anywhere in any mode. If I spend the rest of my life thinking "What If?" I might as well stay home in the house with the blinds closed and hope the house doesn't fall down around me.
    I can't live life worrying about What If. You can't either.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Gail: I passed the Very Big Deal Six-Oh! last year, and I can sympathize with what you are thinking. I see you are from England, so you may not be familiar with American folk songs, but there is an old Appalachian tune which has lyrics to the effect, "When I'm dead and buried don't you weep after me!" I rather expect that if I shuffle off the mortal coil while wearing panties, a bra and breast forms under Fem or Unisex clothes, a wig, earrings, and makeup, such circumstances would guarantee that not many of my relations would be doing much weeping, but I could hope that I could always leave them laughing.

Gail, my advise is have your medical health checked every year and have you a heart doctor monitor your heart on a regular basis. Next, listen to your body. For the most part it will tell you if something is not right. Never fail to have yourself checked out, by a medical professional. If you do that, I'm 99 per cent sure you will never be caught in any type clothing you do not want to be caught in.

Glad you are all better and just pay attention to your body talking to you.