Thread: Frustrating time of year

Frustrating time of year

My wife is mostly DADT --- I underdress every day, but no skirts/dresses/makeup while she's around. Most of the year, my son has a gym class 30 minutes away from 4-5 on Fridays, and I get home around 3:45-4:15, so I have 90 minutes or so of Alyssa time every week. But last week was the last class for the session, and he doesn't do the spring/summer session due to conflicts with soccer (which I take him to) and other summer activites. So no more regular Alyssa time. Next chance will probably be my trip to Vegas for a work conference in early June -- which I plan to start of right with a 90 minute makeover/lesson at the Sephora there.

But it'll be a drab 2 1/2 months until then.

Banned Read only
    If I had to endure such limited time I would have gone nuts. Maybe your son would like to go to a summer camp far far away....like Alaska. When the kids were out of the house on their own and my wife was attending college and then work I would take "mental therapy" days. Any chance of that. A diet of 90 minutes a week is not enough.

Seriously consider taking a "Mental Health Day ". I call in sick for a day when I need to and it helps. No, I don't do this often and yes I know it's not ethical to do it. But.... It helps with anxiety and the stress of my career so I can justify it. If it makes you feel better, schedule a doctor or dentist appointment for first thing in the morning if that's better for you but take the rest of the day off. Bonus if you pick a day when the spouse and kids are away until after supper! Maybe she goes from work to yoga class and the kid has her long day of classes at University as well.

What it means for me is I can have an empty house to myself for a full day. And I can tell you that it's worth it.

June I'd never make it that long. If I go 24 hrs. with out dressing I start turning into a real bitch.
    Angie

Mental health days don't really work because my wife is a stay at home mom. I really don't mind the 90 minutes because I can underdress. I'll be getting grumpy over the next few weeks I'm sure. But Like I said, I have a Vegas trip in early June, and the family goes away without me for a week of vacation in early July (I join them for a second week), then I have another conference away in September, so I'll get a lot of Alyssa time eventually.

I totally understand where you are at. My wife is a pretty DADT too and I have 10 year old son. I don't get anytime except when they are out of town (like right now.) Have fun in Vegas!

Sincerely,
    Laura
    "Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, because it's OK to be a boy,
    but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because you think that being a girl is degrading.
    But secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl?"
    - The Cement Garden

Aspiring Member
    That's a tough one but at least you have something to look forward to. That'll ease it a little bit.

Silver Member
    Alyssa - There are a few crossdressing social groups in New England. Could you join a social group and dress at monthly meetings and events?

Summer is a dry spell for me as well. During the school year our youngest daughter lives out of town. My wife works varying shifts and I get a lot of alone time (which equals a lot of Michelle time). I have to say, last year during her first year at college, I really enjoyed all of the days that I spent as Michelle (some weeks up to 4 times a week for several hours). Then, the end of April came and, I was scaled back to maybe once every two weeks. I was in withdrawal!! I purposely booked off a few days after she went back to school to get in some much needed Michelle time. Alas, we near the end of yet another school year and she'll be home again for the summer.

Alyssa,
    We all have these seasonal downturns from time to time, frustrating, isn't it?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.