Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: too tall?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    This one of those conundrums in that as males, we value a little bit of height but our girl side wishes to shrink down a few inches. Alissa has that average girl stat, of being around 5' 6"/7" and I bet she gets her shoes from the standard GG racks too. (accompanied by my sneering look)

The problem for me is that I have Sasquatch feet and flats emphasize this feature. Heels at least take some of that flipper feet look away and give me a fighting chance of looking something akin to normal. A bag over my head helps a lot but draws as much attention as it deflects.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Armstrong View Post
    This must of been asked before... Any tips for hiding hight or ways to be less noticable at my hight?
    Thanks
    monthly often

Look at women (actresses) who are over 5'10" here

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000701312/
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Five foot eleven and a hundred fifty pounds here, and I have no issues with my height or weight in the 'Burgh and northeast Uhia. I seem to recall that about ten percent of all women are five-ten or taller, so there are oodles of women my height, and many of them out-weigh me by thirty or forty pounds. My biggest problem is the distribution of my weight, with a forty-two inch chest (size thirty-eight-B bra), thirty inch waist, flat-thirty-six inch buttocks, and skinny bicyclist legs, there's no way to disguise my athletic masculine shape. I refrain from wearing heels if for no other reason than I don't want to display my broad shoulders at eye-level for the average person, and I try to wear tighter fitting tops and looser fitting botoms. Query: Do hip pads really help?

Sorry mods, i just felt i had to say just a bit more. Yes, in some cities and places, there are more YOUNGER tall ladies, but MIDWESTERN SMALL TOWNS, NOT MANY. I see some GG's that are quite tall, but in my reality, MY AGE GROUP around 60yo, very seldom, but, i managed to go out in heels 7 times last year, so just had teflon, ignored looks.but, in my smaller town, i do not go out as treetop tall Alice.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 03-19-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Ok, reb. pick on the little guy, and yes my shoes are right off the rack.(tongue sticking out)uummm!
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

The real question is does it really matter that your tall? Yes your most likely not going to blend in completely and yes people will/may take a second/third look at you but to combat this concentrate on your presentation. Don't go out wearing 6" stilettos and a leather micro mini with heavy makeup.. Dress to blend as best as you can. You can't hide your height so you might as well come to terms with that now and as Paula said earlier rock it..

For the record I am 6'4" in bare feet and am transitioning. I have lived full time for the past 6+ months. Yes people's eyes will gravitate to you naturally due to your height but who really cares?!?!?!?? Live your life the best you can, we only get one and there are no do overs...

i remember once being in a nightclub where the local ladies basketball team came in - they were all like 6'6"+ tall. Let's says, yes, men were intimidated until a men's team also came in, and then they flocked to the taller guys. Still, yes they were noticed but no-one wondered "are they not women?"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I am 6 ft in my stocking feet. I go out in public dressed as a woman several times a month. I wear either top and skirt or a dress. When it comes to shoes the maximum heel height that I will wear is 3". All of my shoes are 3" or less. I don't let my height be an issue and it never has been. I dress appropriately for my age.

These days, 6 feet is not unusual for many women, in fact, last year I was dating a woman who was that tall; nice lady, I'm hoping we can get back together at some point in the near future. I used to be 5'9", but have shrunk a couple of inches over the years; we used to walk together with her arm around my neck and mine around her waist.
    No, 6 feet isn't really that tall.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

You can't hide the height so don't hide it. Own it but at the same time don't wear any hooker boots in public!

Forget about the height and focus on your walk keep your head straight, don't bob it up and down when walking and keep the knees together! Just like finishing school good posture and walk around with a book on you head. LOL You will do just fine at 6' @ 155lbs. I'm 6'2" @ 210lbs but then again I don't pass either and for the most part don't care

Really I think it's about presentation. I was in a meeting with 2 GGs the other day. I was the shortest one in the room and I'm almost 6'1.

No one would confuse either of these women as anything but women. I feel like I'm seeing more and more women 6 ft and taller these days. Maybe I'm more sensitive to it as a full time dresser than I used to be.

Aspiring Member
    Believe me if you do it you've got to work it. Got to own it if you're gonna go for it. I'm 6'5" in stocking feet and am usually in heels when out. I had a couple approach me in a restaurant with a bet I was male or female. I may not have been fully passing that time but at times I have. Fool some some of the time some all of the time but not all all the time.
    But I was close enough that there was a gray area, they weren't quite sure.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Wear heels and be proud! the best way to hide your height, probably the only way, is 2 act normal. if you try to hide it it will be obvious. stand tall and proud. Look you best because you will get critiqued harder, then deal with it. you will just have to accept a few more glances in your direction because it's the height is causing people to look your way. if you're on your game and your look is on point you'll be the one smiling.

Aspiring Member
    I'm 6' 1". I was self-conscious about my height, but after several outings, found that it's not an issue, even wearing 2" heels.

I used to work with a GG who was taller than me and regularly wore heels of 3" or 4".

I'm 6 ft also and I wish I weighed 155 lbs again. The last time I saw that weight was before I got married.( I got myself back down to 175) I don't think you will have any problems as I see a lot of tall women anymore. I was at Kohls a couple of weeks ago and seen a GG that was taller than me. I'm pretty sure it was a GG. Nobody paid much attention to her.

6' 2" and trying to find a set of women's 13e flats shoes is a trial & error process. Even finding my men's, 11 1/2 triple E penny loafers is getting harder these days and they just fit after some breaking in.

I'm 6'4" before I put on heels but to be honest I would probably get "read" if I was 5'8". I just haven't had the years and years of practice that genetic girls get every day of their lives. So I just do my thing and be the best girl I can be. I'll add a picture of me and a couple of my burlesque friends to see how tall I look next to them.

IMG_1206.jpg
    Rebecca Bas

I'm 6'3" and wear a womens 14W. I found a place in Sydney called Shoes of Prey and they can make you just about anything. They made me a nice pair of ballet flats and some low heeled sandals.

That's a great photo heisthebride.

I'm 6' 5" and wear 2 to 3 inch heels, I do go out and about but it is a curse, I'd love to be 7 or 8 inches shorter, I don't like flat shoes, theyre not very feminine, you can't beat the click of heels to make you feel like a Goddess lol.

I am of the opinion though that once you are taller than average, people just see you as "tall", they have no idea of the actual measurements and probably dont care.
    Last edited by leannejacobs; 03-31-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Heisthebride, Nice picture indeed. Julie Newmar, the gorgeous "Catwoman" of Batman, is the lady i copy a lot.. She is 6'2", at 83, still stunning. You remind me a bit of her in the photo.

I'm 6'4" and have feldt the same way about being too tall.
    I know a trans model named Erica that is 6'5" +. When she transitioned, I thought no way would that work, but I saw her after her mtf surgery and said wow, you are beautiful.
    So rock those heels and wear what ever makes you happy

I just learned that Laurie Dhue is 6'3". Now, I feel a little bit more comfortable with my 5'11" height.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I'm the same height and weight and used to get picked on about being so thin from people while in guy mode publicly. Now I just tell myself when all dressed up in girl mode I would get a MUCH different and better reaction to my height and weight... and I would not hesitate rocking a 4 or 5 inch heel for added flare.

Plus, Sigourney Weaver quickly became a fave actress of mine when I was younger (thank you, Ghostbusters and Aliens) and she is 6'