Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actual or Theatrical

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Actual or Theatrical

When you dress, is your focus on being as close to a female in presentation as possible or, are you emulating a desirable look and effect that is theatrically exciting?

I think I lean more to the theatrical side of this as my time chunks are limited. And the fact that fantasy usually takes over the theme. But, if the situation was that I could be out and about all day, I can nail the subtle passable presentation.

You should see the images that I'm not posting!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I try to present my outer feminine appearance to be in harmony with my inner feminine self
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I opt for a look that is a bit more on the subtle, muted side. I tend to prefer cozy sweaters, modest blouses, skirts at or just above the knee, with makeup as light as possible. I guess I would call it an attempt at a somewhat realistic look, albeit with a few particular style icons in mind.

99% of the time I dress to pass. Always have. Well, not counting when I'm 50/50. Once or twice a year I'm just intensely driven to push the envelope, though. It's like it recharges my batteries. The shorter, the tighter, the lower cut, the higher the heels the better. I'll be nervous to the point my knees are shaking and I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack. It's very exciting and very scary. I'll do that for one evening and I'm back to the girl next door for six months.

I've got to say though, Carla, some of your pics make me wonder what it'd be like to go out kinda like that. I wouldn't go as far as you do, but I've been tempted to try just a little of that. I'm almost the opposite. I almost never even wear forms anymore. Enhancers is as big as I go. I love showing cleavage, so I'm big into pushup bras and the little adders you get with them sometimes, but it's (almost) all me. You've tempted me though,girl.

Banned Read only
    Great post Carla, I like your take on the theatrical presentation, I totally get that!

Over the winter months I've adopted a tween look that I really like but when I go all in I do try to 'blend' as much as possible.

That said I still remember (never forget) the first time out in day light and the first time out in over 20 yrs. I think I looked like Marilyn Monro took up prostitution and I was stalked by a city parks worker in his truck...nearly pooed my panties that morning!

practical, warm, comfortable and feminine; actual.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    I try for a look that would appear natural in the setting in which I find myself. I can be more dramatic going to the theatre or fine dining and I go with nude palest for daytime or casual outings. I want to blend as best I can.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Theatrical" u call it, Carla? Ok, if u say so.

Since I can't pass no matter how doudy I dress, I usually don't even try. Besides, looking like a homely old lady is boring. Not satifying for me in any way.

My 1st choice is to resemble the women I find attractive. Be it their outfits, figures, poses, nudity--------whatever!

My 2nd choice is to copy "theatrically" appearing women. Meaning women that look unusual, remarkable, bigger than life, etc.

For from being relaxing and expressing my inner girl, I try to look as unmale and un myself as possible. I find my efforts distract me from my humdrum, repetative, everyday life. And, can be downrite exciting when I hit the female look I'm aiming for!

Carla, I'll bet for every pic u can't post here, I have a 100 or more!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm all about glitz, sequins, sparkles and trying to be glamorous. I don't try to blend at all when I'm out at the bar. Daytime is different though!

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    Mine isn't theatrical it's not an act ! I dress to fulfill my female needs , now that I'm attending social meetings thoughts about being passable don't particularly worry me, my presentation isn't perfect but then many GGs aren't either, maybe as a CDer I still go over the top , some women dress in drab to a certain degree . However I choose to go out I'm fairly happy with my look , whether I look desirable or not is debatable but then I'm not interested in admirers !

Aspiring Member
    I usually dress a little drabbish when out on the road. Once it twice a week I'll dress nicely as most office women do.glitzy when I have meetings with clients or going to fancy place.all and all just a plain working woman look I'm happy with

I'm sure that years ago I would have said the Theatrical was more me. Now that I've grown older and go out frequently I'm more the "average woman". At times I could be the soccer mom next door or the woman in the office cubicle next to yours. It depends now more on where I'm going and the weather than anything else.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Some times I love to glam up aome times I just want a skirt and blouse. But I alway want something girly be it over or under. It's more actual for me.
    Angie

I would say actual normal woman dress,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Let me preface this by saying that I am a woman, albeit a senior woman with a male anatomy.

My goal is to dress in a way that makes me feel comfortable. Socially comfortable, physically comfortable, and emotionally comfortable. Feeling ill at ease with my presentation deprives me of the happiness I would otherwise have.

Other people have their own personal and valid reasons for presenting differently.

Best wishes
    MsVal
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    "Theatrical" u call it, Carla? Ok, if u say so.

Since I can't pass no matter how doudy I dress, I usually don't even try. Besides, looking like a homely old lady is boring. Not satifying for me in any way.

My 1st choice is to resemble the women I find attractive. Be it their outfits, figures, poses, nudity--------whatever!

My 2nd choice is to copy "theatrically" appearing women. Meaning women that look unusual, remarkable, bigger than life, etc.

For from being relaxing and expressing my inner girl, I try to look as unmale and un myself as possible. I find my efforts distract me from my humdrum, repetative, everyday life. And, can be downrite exciting when I hit the female look I'm aiming for!

Carla, I'll bet for every pic u can't post here, I have a 100 or more!
    I use the word 'theatrical' very loosely as an alternative to actual. I have an appreciation for those of you that experience an authentic feminine existence.
    I think 'theatrical' just kinda' picks up all the rest.

Interesting note: When I had my first makeover it was fabulous but, up close it was expertly calculated layers of theatrical effect that led to the whole picture. (in avatar)
    Like, if you look real close, it's obviously not actual. But, from five feet away, perfect.

Sherry, you nailed it when you said, "bigger"!

Quote Originally Posted by kittie60 View Post
    I usually dress a little drabbish when out on the road. Once it twice a week I'll dress nicely as most office women do.glitzy when I have meetings with clients or going to fancy place.all and all just a plain working woman look I'm happy with
    Interesting. It sounds like your situation is that you carry on everyday life in actual mode. It's business so you are under elevated scrutiny which negates anything 'theatrical'.
    I couldn't imagine being that 'out'.

Last edited by CarlaWestin; 03-20-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.

I always strive to look as much like a nicely groomed and dressed woman as possible.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    I always strive to look as much like a nicely groomed and dressed woman as possible.
    Carole, I've known of you for such a long time now thanks to the internet. You are a cherished mentor. Thank you.

I guess you could say I'm in the actual category, although my look is somewhat theatrical in the fact that I'm disguising my male characteristics. If I never get noticed when I'm out than I'm happy and I am then actual, so in a way I'm both, kind of like my fluidity.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Reality Check
    My focus is on looking and feeling like an actual woman. The sister I never had.

I don't think I am actually a woman so in that sense, I'm play acting and that might be considered "theatrical".

A lot of people watching at malls etc has shown me that there are many faces to being a women appearance wise you have the glamour queen , the dressed like a hussy at a pub and then you have the plain brown wrapper who seems to dominate now compared to 30 yrs ago the plain brown wrapper blends in well hardly noticed in the mix these are my favorite and are my mentor for when I do go out ,don't get me wrong really dolled up can be very satisfying too
    hugs phylis anne

Platinum Member
    Hi Carla, I always try to present as feminine as possible.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am the "character"

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    My focus is on looking and feeling like an actual woman. The sister I never had.

I don't think I am actually a woman so in that sense, I'm play acting and that might be considered "theatrical".
    I feel that I am much a part of theater, having done many parts in community theater. I spent a lot of time literally fantasizing the backstory of the character(s) that I play in a show.

Coming back to CD, after a period of time having "grown out of it." When I dress I seek to bring out the different person that I am. I sm Robbin. Robbin is me. She is my life. I sm in her life.

Love being back. Just had s wonderful few minutes putting in that final order in at Suddenly Fem. CD, trans-wanta bee or whatever it is I sm that girl. That's about it. r

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I feel that I am much a part of theater, having done many parts in community theater. I spent a lot of time literally fantasizing the backstory of the character(s) that I play in a show.

Coming back to CD, after a period of time having "grown out of it." When I dress I seek to bring out the different person that I am. I sm Robbin. Robbin is me. She is my life. I sm in her life.

Love being back. Just had s wonderful few minutes putting in that final order in at Suddenly Fem. CD, trans-wanta bee or whatever it is I sm that girl. That's about it. r

Theatrical sounds like cosplay which I don't do. I've heard of fantasy dressing which may be what you're referring to? There is an element of acting in my female presentation. And I also have photos that demonstrate a bit of acting in the way I pose.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Time is limited for me, so being able to dress in something more exciting, like sheath dress, pantyhose, high heels, press on nails and make up; like I am now is the reason it is fantasy for me.