Thread: My own double standard?

My own double standard?

I had an epiphany several months ago and while I'm not quite sure what to make of it, it has changed my life in a way that I couldn't have expected a few short months ago.
    When I'm dressed en drab, which is the vast majority of my time, I rarely look in a mirror in any critical way. It's just not something that I do.
    When I dress, I am much more mindful of how I look and I'm far more inclined to make the necessary lifestyle changes to achieve my goals of having a sexy, feminine figure. My number one goal was to have a flat tummy as it can make a huge difference in even the prettiest skirt. I started eating more sensibly and while I haven't starved myself, I've certainly cut out a lot of unnecessary crap and found that I don't miss certain things at all. In the past several months I have lost 30 pounds, a couple of bra sizes and can now wear even prettier panties. I have always enjoyed pretty bra and panty sets and it seems that the smaller you are, the sexier the lingerie becomes. Especially bras, it seems. While I am never going to wear a 32 or 34, I have always been secretly envious of those who were able to as the really sexy stuff can always be had in the smaller sizes. The larger sizes always seemed a bit utilitarian to me and that's not what I'm after. I want feminine and I'm prepared to do what it takes to achieve that goal.
    As a man, I could really care less but as a woman, it matters greatly to me. I want a figure that looks good in a skirt or dress and I've found that it's that desire that has become the primary motivation that I need. It's so incredibly simple that I wonder why it didn't dawn on me years ago. A simple reframing was really all it took.
    Has anyone else had this experience?
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Banned Read only
    Erin, fit is ALWAYS a good thing. Being fit as man means you re fit as a woman too...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Being skinny as a rail in boy mode can help some but you will still need padding somewhere.

Erin, I do cross-fit training and yoga to keep in shape and also eating better. MY stomach has a bit of fat and I'm trying to take it off also. Yeah the smaller sizes always looks good. But I'm now 36-32-38 and trying to get that stomach down to thirty. It does matter to me to be fem and still manly but i'm getting more fem and enjoying it. But now i can get into 36B bra now and that feels great. My 38B bras now are on the most inner hooks now so they both work nicely.
    Part Time Girl

34-35-40

The 35 is my girl waistline (thanks stomach fat!). I really need to cut out the junk food but living in a city in which I can walk all the places I need to go, especially once spring starts getting here should be beneficial to my health, too.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Banned Read only
    Waistlines. Once upon a time when Uncle Sam had his claws in me I was 38-30-?? with an inseam of 34. Now? 42-38-40 with an inseam of 32. Blond then, now grey. My stomach is really not a problem. I've just matured into a plus size woman.

38-30-36
    Which at 49 isn't too bad I suppose though I'm only 5'8" and currently about 144 pounds.
    So why do I feel fat?

Banned Read only
    Erin,
    My wife thinks I'm too thin, but I love being a UK size 12 ( 37"-31"-37", 147lbs, 5' 7" ), I guess it's not bad when I collect my state pension at sixty five next month !
    All this is down to sensible eating and walking the dog twice a day .
    Clothes do fit better , legs look better shaped in stockings and heels. I have had so many comments from GGs how unfair it is that many CDers have better figures and much better legs.

I'm so much in agreement with you. My feminine side constantly berates me to lose weight or at least maintain my womanly proportions of 40-31-41. Late last year I lost 30 pounds dropping from 194 to 164 pounds. I even got down as low as 159 pounds but my wife said I looked gaunt so I gained a few pounds back. The funny thing is my wife's a bit ticked by how "easily" I lost the weight. She really struggles with her weight. But she's beginning to see some progress and I think I've been a bit of a motivator for her! Nikki p.s. for quite some time now, we go walking every day...and we feel so good about doing something regularly together and it helps keep us fit!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh Julia...at 5'8", 144 pounds with those feminine proportions, you're definitely not fat! Talk like that will just get others a little perturbed with you. It's your inner feminine spirit and all the conscious and subliminal advertising telling you you're overweight. In my opinion, a waif-like figure is not sensuous nor sexy.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I'll be eager to learn that you've improved your diet. By eating healthy and continuing to exercise, you'll slim your waist and you'll be far healthier & fit!
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 03-20-2016 at 06:53 AM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Good for u, Erin! Losing weight is great for your health AND your fem figure. But, excersize and diets don't work in the long run. U need to change your eating habits. Sounds like u have done that. I lost 20 pounds when I got serious about wanting to look good as Sherry that way, too. That was 5+ years ago and it hasn't come back!

36-31-37. Is my unaided figure now.

However, I always wear forms, pads, and girdles. So, Sherry's figure is variable:
    Chest- 38 to 44
    Waist- 28 to 30
    Hips- 39 to 45

But, that info is CLASSIFIED. Don't tell anyone. If u do, I'll know-------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Erin, I take a lot of pride in my appearance both male and feminine.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

As many others yes I have experienced this too. I needed to lose some weight just for general health purposes, and really worked hard at it. Lost 20+ last year, down to just over 180lb... still big but better. I have to say that as I moved from just underdressing to including dresses/skirts etc in roughly the past 1.5 years that fitting into tighter and fashionable clothing was a motivator in losing and keeping weight off.
    I've slid back and gained about 8 back over the holidays... so I don't fit some of my clothes again, or at least fit well. I Need to get with the program! Fitting into my femme clothes will be a motivator.
    And yes, I don't worry as much in male mode... but I did get overweight and didn't fit some of my guy clothes either.
    Bottom line for me losing weight is healthier and I had to eat healthier to get there - plus a lot of running. All good things, OK if fitting itno a dress is extra motivation I think

Reality Check
    Slender is good because you can use padding to fill out what needs to be filled out. Men and women carry fat or excess weight differently so if you have a problem with belly fat it's hard to disguise.

I have a huge problem with belly fat. I wear plus sized womens clothes. I've always been larger. Lately, I'm really trying to clamp down, drop pounds and get in shape. My health has a lot to do with it but, I have to admit that some of my desire to lose weight comes from being able to fit into smaller sizes and look better en femme.

When younger I was skinny as a rail with a few bumps in the right place, nowdays I eat what I like and remain light in weight, I have a dream metabolism. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So nice to hear from you all!
    It's very gratifying to know that there are many others here who share the same hopes, dreams and fears.
    I assume I'm not alone when I say that there are many of us here who feel much less alone in what can often be a lonely path.
    A sense of community is a very welcome feeling....
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I have stated this already in a lot of postings. The flat tummy is a must if you want to look really good in female attire. Whether you want to look sexy or just really nifty you need to have the slimmest figure possible. Most people have a choice. Eat all that you like or give that up and wear all or most of what you like.

I fully concur with what you say... I have lost 23 pounds (178 to 155 on a 5' 10" frame) I am mostly driven to look better enfemme however it has made me much healthier overall which is great... I have to thank CD'ing for this!
    Last edited by NikiMichelle; 03-22-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Aspiring Member
    As long as you're fit, it is necessarily a good thing. Not just that you look good but you're healthy.

I'm currently 34-24-28 with DIY breast forms/towels and considered petite. Not exactly sexy either, but good enough to stuff into a US2 with no difficulty.
    That said, I never thought of crossdressing as the top factor for keeping fit. Trying not to remain fragile was.

37-30-38, 5'7", 160 lbs give or take. I have a treadmill in my back room and I use it as often as I can so i can fit better into my clothes.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I care about how I look in drab too and I exercise and run regularly the problem that poses is bulkier arms and shoulders. Now as a girl too i like looking good but I don't exercise and eat less and run only. right now i'm in that mode, no exercise, have had only fruit and vegetable juices today. I have a fairly good metabolism and that good