Thread: Life is moving Forward

Life is moving Forward

Hi everyone
    Been awhile since I have posted on the forum.
    Life has been so busy.
    I have been experiencing wonderful things lately.
    I have a wonderful therapist I see once a week.
    Group meeting is once a month and I have a post-op friend who is mentoring me.
    So nice to have the support. But I also had to go find it.
    My letter was sent and the doctor is wonderful.
    HRT was a big step.
    Found a wonderful wig shop that supports us, the ladies there are phenomonial!!
    The marriage is still here, but barely.
    The guilt for not disclosing this before the marriage is overwhelming at times.
    But the fight to keep this a secret and make it go away all my life has been lost.
    Sometimes friendships and marriages that end, when you finally accept yourself for who you are, is the price you pay.
    Finally I realized, I have to do this for myself.
    Where am I headed now? That's the question I asked myself. There is time. No need to rush. I know what I want now. I'm ready to face the loss of friends and possibly my spouse. To be true to myself and let the light come inside.

Continuing enjoying your evolution as a person

Setting yourself free must be a great feeling Donna. I'm wishing all the best for you hun. You go girl.
    Angie

I am Soooo happy for you Donna.

It sounds like you are now at that wonderful point where you finally ACCEPT that you are never going to find your own happiness without risking others' happiness, and that it's OKAY to seek your happiness. You have discovered that your own happiness far outweighs your anxiety. Putting yourself first is never considered selfish when it comes to treating your own physical health, and it isn't selfish when it comes to mental health.

Whooopieee

Best wishes
    MsVal
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Thanks for the updates Donna, you are right life is busy and there is no time to waste.

I am so happy to hear you are making progress in your life's ambitions and goals. The key words in your post hit close to home for me as well "Finally I realized, I have to do this for myself"

Keep us posted on your journey, hopefully you wont have too many casualties of losing friends / spouse along the way.

LK
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Hugs to you. I will be praying for you. Stay strong. Peace, mel

Aspiring Member
    Donna, I'm so happy for you, acceptance of one's self can be a long road, but once you've reached it, it can also be so fulfilling.
    All my best moving forward.
    Marisa