Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out for a drive

Out for a drive

Had another drive through town this evening and ended it with a trip through McDrive again, although still felt my heart race at times I was much more comfortable than last time.
    Now this was also with my new wig which has a bit shorter hair and closer match to my natural hair.
    (Attached a picture for how I was dressed).

A woman was working there this time who seemed to handle everything very well, as I don't know if she saw through me or not; no bad remarks or anything but a smile at least, rest was professional.
    Guess my voice could have given it away at times, but when in fem it may sound a bit like Alex from Orange is the new Black (or at least that's what I'm hoping ).

All in all another successful outing on my end, got home safe and sound.. Did check my mailbox down the road from my house on my way home as well, it was already dark so I don't think anyone saw me (still probably not the end of the world if someone did)..
    Attached Images Attached Images

You look lovely, I would never guess. The hair is really you and that outfit is so femme, you wear it well. Each time out gets so much more easier, maybe one day you'll leave the car, but at your own pace. Enjoy your "girl" self.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Oh I don't think you have anything to worry about Amalie

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Girl !!!!
    Looking that good, you really need to be seen!!!
    I doubt you will ever get a bad remark, maybe chatted up lots, but that's probably your only worry.

Don't worry about the voice, it's how much you carry yourself with confidence that is the real trick
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You have nothing to worry about trust me you look fabulous.

You look adorable...and all girl

Thank you all for the compliments and support here , really is a boost to my confidence, and of course building my confidence bit by bit for every step further I take, be it just experimenting with makeup, clothes and styles at home or taking my step out the door for a drive etc.

Allisa
    Although still doing baby steps on outings I idd hope I'll be able to leave the car at some point.. Summer is on the way too which may make it easier to actually get out

You look amazing =) I am going to guess that you have nothing to worry about.

Banned Read only
    Great to hear you had a good time Amalie, and you look absolutely adorable!

glad you had a good time. you do look great, don't be surprised
    when some handsome guy follows you home...
    paula

thank you all again, really flattered by all the comments received

And I guess the most of my worrying is in my head; hopefully will overcome that with time.

Platinum Member
    Next time get out of the car and go inside. You look absolutely gorgeous. Even if someone may detect a male voice, he or she would never know who you are. Hope you post more pictures soon.

Thank you Stephanie, biggest concern for stepping into the wild I guess is for whether I'm dressed appropriate for the circumstance to actually blend in, but spring and summer is on the verge now too and may be beneficial to my outings (I do find summer dressing styles easier to accomplish).

you look great the wig is perfect and I love the outfit

FWIW; I've found that the busier the folks in the drive through are, the less likely they give a hoot about who's in the car. During lunch rush you could probably be naked in clown makeup and they wouldn't care. Hmmmm. Female clown. NOBODY'S going to recognize me. Now that's something I just might pass as. Just a very BIG female clown. Never thought of that. Now I have something I can be next Halloween, and I can wear anything I want under that clown suit!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    You look like a pretty young girl in your photo and I doubt the drive through person gave you a second thought. As for getting out of the car, dress appropriately, go to a busy part of town or a mall, get out and just do what the other people are doing. Don't forget your purse!

You look lovely. Every time yo go out, it gets easier. Go at your own speed and have fun with it!!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Dang girl, you look hot. That's just the guy in me saying that in what I hope is a respectful way and I hope I'm not crossing some line here, I'm pretty new to the forum. The outfit looks very nice on you. I think you'd look really cute with some glasses. I've been trying out some of my wifes different reading glasses to see how it affects my look.

I think it would be a long time before I could get the nerve to go through a drive thru. It would have to be somewhere other than where I live too. I did go out driving late the other night for the first time ever and it was scary enough just walking to the car in full dress. You're a lot braver than me.

Liz57

Wow! you looked really cute and absolutely passable. I don't think anyone could have guessed, did you get any compliments?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Amalie,

Ditto to what Rachel said, you need to be seen. Pretty amazing look you've got going there.

As I've only just found out, nobody gives you more than a cursory glance when out. They're all too busy doing their own thing.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

That is a really good look- way too good for McD's. What shoes or boots did you wear with this outfit?

I like the way you hold your shoulders back- nice and feminine, same with holding your elbows in. Feels unnatural, I know, all crowded in there. But you look great. The bare legs look sexy too.

I never worry at my drive in eateries, by the time you get there they have little assimilation with the voice that ordered.

Take the goods and thank them in a low voice works.

I like your dress, a great driving outfit.

That is a nice hairdo also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Firstly, you've achieved a lovely look. Your hair really suits you.

McDrive is one of the safest things you can do. No-one who works there, even if you are read, is going to do anything other than be polite and courteous for fear of loosing their job. Also if read, who cares? You're not looking to make lasting friendships. Meet and forget.

For anyone looking to go out into the muggle world a dive through is a good way to start. Time to prep your voice, look people in the eye and SMILE. Then you get to practice eating in a femme way and without spoiling your lippy.

Also, park up several bays away from a waste bin. Then when finished you've an excuse to get out the car and take a brief stroll. All baby steps.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 03-21-2016 at 01:02 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I'm going to echo what everyone else has said.... very cute look. Just adorable!... like i wanna pinch your cheeks adorable. Your posture and stance in the photo looks very natural.
    Hugs,
    Sayyidah
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Thanks to all the following replies here too

Think I got the hint - I need to get out more

sometimes_miss
    Although this wasn't the busy hours but rather late; I guess that goes for the same as they've probably been at work all day and are just looking forward to get home at that point.

Krisi
    Purse was with me, although not on my shoulder when I was driving
    But it does idd make a difference to the final feminine touch.

Liz57
    Don't worry I'll take that as a compliment as well And I could probably try experimenting with some sun glasses.
    Also you're not really that far behind me on stepping out the front door, still doing my baby steps there (my front porch is also quite visible in my neighborhood too as I live on the top of the hill).
    And I picked the McD in my town about 10km away, where I have seen several of the employees before in male mode (including the woman this time), but considering how many people they serve there a day I doubt they'd remember. And like Helen_Highwater said; definitely one of the safest things you can do.

Nadine Robles
    No compliments except for the smile if that counts; maybe for the better too as a compliment could easily become negative if it's has any implications that you've been read (though in that case they may at least be supportive).
    But a bit off-topic I did post a selfie on Whisper as a reply yesterday, which practically left me in shock after 5 minues as I did not expect the result of that, but was defenitely a boost to my confidence too.

Krististeph
    Just threw on a pair of anna field boots with 2" block heels somewhat suited for the winter weather, but mostly wearing 4" heel sandals at home.
    About the posture; funny thing is I didn't even think of that until you mentioned it here now, kind of comes naturally with me when in fem, but I had to reposition my legs once as they where a bit too far apart in the first shot (also they're not really bare, but wearing a nude hose over my epilated legs #feelsgood).

Helen_Highwater
    About spoiling your lippy when eating; I just pressed a paper to my lips first to get the top layer off, as I like wearing lipgloss on top of my lipstick and I find it hard to not make a mess of that when eating (especially food like that).
    But also thanks for the parking tip at the end there, that might work great for my next step out.