Thread: Out in rollers

Out in rollers

Well , not "out" exactly, but .....Last week I was in California on business and I had a couple of days to be girly. I had a mani-pedi scheduled in the spa/salon at the hotel where I was staying. I had washed my hair (which is in a just-below-chin length bob) the night before and I really wanted to spend the afternoon in hair rollers. My mani-pedi appointment was at 4 p.m. I showered and put my rollers in at about 3 p.m. As you can imagine I was very unsure about going to the salon in rollers (but not about going in capri tights, a bra, Dr Scholls sandals, and a feminine top....). I dithered for a while and then asked myself: "Leaving aside crossdressing, is this how I do my hair on a regular basis?" (Yes.) "And is it something a woman would do?" (Yes.) So I screwed up my courage and headed to the salon. Of course on the elevator I got anxious and thought "I can't believe I'm doing this." But I kept going and walked into the salon. There were 3 girls behind the counter and they couldn't have been more gracious and friendly. I sat in the waiting room with 4 women in their robes, and they all gave my rollers 2nd looks but smiled and said "Hi." The woman who did my nails wanted to talk about crossdressing--she was curious in a very friendly way and we had a nice talk about my personal history, changing mores, etc. She did my fingernails in clear polish and a rosy maroon on my toes. The girls at the counter complimented my nails as I was leaving and invited me back. A very enjoyable salon experience....and my hair looked great that evening!

Good story and must have felt wonderful that you gathered up your courage and did go out. And it all had a very happy ending along with getting all made up and having some friendly conversation at the same time.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracy, hat just sounds like so much fun, I'm glad that you had such a great time.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I find no fault in the way you got things done.