Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real v. Fake?

Banned Read only

Real v. Fake?

I've been running over Carla's thread 'Actual v. Theatrical' and made me think about taking the thought down a notch....Real v. Fake (don't get me wrong, I still fake it a lot...no not like that people )

I find I'm WAY more comfortable without anything that isn't what my momma gave me (i.e. no wig, no forms, no padding). I think I still rock a pretty femme look, I certainly don't 'pass' but knowing I'm being my real self is just more comfortable...getting 'clocked'...Ummm, clocked for what, cuz I'm a GM who happens to look like a GG...I'll fight ya (saw that coming )

I still go all in occasionally, and sure, I'm faking it and love it but I find the authentic look is so much less stressful and keeps the pink fog from blowing me over

I guess im saying...anyone else found a 'look that works'?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The way I dress people just think I'm gay I guess and they are right so what now?
    Its just more comfy to be me than some regular dude.

No one has said anything about my high-waisted skinny jeans yet.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Absolutely, Gap Bootcut jeans, Guess Western boots, I have both Black and Brown, (Stable is the name) or my Puma womens sneakers, Im a shoeaholic, I have several to pick from. Sometimes I go with a guy shirt but lately Ive went womens button down. I also have a guess leather jacket I wear out also. I also have gap always skinny jeans Ive worn out once so far.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Nah, my GM mode just doesn't convert to GG in any way, shape or form, so need all the help I can get (although, with age, I'm using less make up)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Robin,
    To me the basic look for going out is wig, makeup and forms and something nice to wear, like I said to Carla, it's not an act it's my comfort level !
    Is it real or fake ? Well I'm not a woman , probably half there but mostly I feel it's the real me, to others I'm possibly a total fake !

Hell-o Robin

Like Rachel put it.... "Nah!"
    Without the wig, and makeup, there is no second guessing.
    I have done the wig, and makeup with some of my guy clothes.
    Rockin Republic jeans, and the shirt is from Holister.
    The OUTPLAY tee was a plain tee from Macys men's store
    that I had custom embroidered.
    Much Love
    Kristyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

for "real", it's the TS women, right? I think I only wore a wig like 5 or 6 times, and even make-up is rare for me, though I do love it. I very rarely pad out the bra, and I use flared skirts to create hip illusion rather than pads - have no pads. So for me, it's my authentic body, want to grow my own boobs, redistribute the weight lower down.

Btw, i reckon that pink fog blowing you over full-on is a little message that maybe just maybe you're landing in my pink lagoon one day, xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Platinum Member
    Hi Robin, It's fake for me, without the forms & pads and the wigs & heels I just wouldn't make it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Naah! for me as well, Wig, boobs and light makeup work for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    Does it have to be one or the other? "Fake" is such a harsh word. Would you say an amputee has a "fake" arm or leg? Or would you call it a prosthesis?

In any case, without artificial parts, I look like a male and that's how it is supposed to be. Not super macho, but obviously male. I need long hair (a wig), boobs (forms) and an enhanced butt and hips (Veronica 5) to resemble a woman. That's fine, I am a MTF crossdresser, nothing more.

I love my Levi geggings and now with warmer weather my capris with my canvas 1" wedge heeled "grasshoppers", V neck brushed cotton tops over cami's but always with my long hair(wig?),purse and maybe a touch of mascara, earrings, bangles and rings, nails polished in some color or gloss clear. Femme look?, can't be because I'm a male(at least physically).If every one thinks I'm gay than so be it, I don't live for their approval anymore, I'm happy and that's all that counts. Did I forget I love my maxi skirts also. So I guess I'm a real fake. But I do love to don the "girls" and put on my "face" and venture forth into the world, keeping it real as a CDer.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

No wig, no boobs, no pads. Have to wear a hat of some sort as I'm pretty bare on top but prefer to show the real me (man in a dress). I look very good in a dress thank you.

Not sure this is a questing that can be reduced to a bipolar answer...

a: I do not go out dressed often enough to opine on the matter.

b: gender is in the mind, and you know this.

c: plenty of women, while being GGs, are not 'in the market' or considered as a wanted person.

d: if you are feminine- spend some time and discover what it is that screams "feminine", and accentuate it

e: same thing here on the inverse- buffer the masculine appearance/behavior aspects. -- what is your goal- looking feminine? being feminine? attracting a male mate?

f: you know my avatar is not me- work with what you have. my best days are when I see myself as a girl, without the wig. But because i keep my hair as male passable, i do use a wig.

g; pads: mmm..: girls use them too.. duh. I like padded panties just because they remind me that i AM trying to alter my appearance, I AM trying to be something other than my male self, I AM seeking a feminine shape, I AM willing to adulterate my god given form to try to be the god given person my brain says I am, despite the god-given anatomy a chromosome and some hormones gave me.

no letter point: I will NEVER be a girl. I grew up with a penis. But I am neither a non-transgendered male (what the hell do we call them anyway, GMs? Ha!) I hold back because of my social/employment position for the next few years, and because my wife does not want to be known as the wife of a CD/TG/TS.

But I am more of a girl than so many females... (ad hoc defining girl as a feminine/social construct, and female as a genetic/anatomic evolution).

Heck, I teach both of my sisters, my muses almost, aspects of how to be feminine. Gentleness, lovingness, kindness.. these are all aspects of sisterhood.

So Robin-- if you want to fake it- I say go for it to the nth degree. Because you know it is fake. You are NOT lying to yourself, just accentuating the story. Heck, Reagan did it. And despite the critics, he dug us out of a serious crisis.

Robin- as long as YOU know that fake is fake, or that metaphor is a metaphor, you will survive and conquer. You will show that the yin is as least as powerful as the yang,, after all are CDs not an active mix of both yin and yang?

Do not dare to diminish yourself because you love the look of the artificial feminine. Most of our life is artificial, CD related stuff is no different. No better, and no worse. Deal with it.

Present as wild as you feel honestly comfortable with. And do not parlay to deceive. And you shall be the queen of reality.

And in reality, lies enlightenment.

Last edited by Krististeph; 03-22-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Banned Read only
    For me, it's kind of Either/Or: either I am in male mode or female mode. I do cheat a bit with male mode with shaping panties and Gloria Vanderbilt or Lauren jeans. Female mode is total: clothing, shapewear, bra, forms, heels, makeup and wig or hat. Presently partly male and partly female doesn't interest me.

DeeAnn

I never wear anything that adds mass. No breasts or hips. Of course, getting older and funky hormones (gyno) allow for a more natural filling.

Maybe in answering this question I explain something as well. I sometimes don't think I am a CD. I do the crossdressing, thus by proxy yes, I CD, but I really do feel fake only when I feel the need to put on the macho act, which is occasionally called for in certain social situations. (Such as with my in-laws, where the men go talk sports and the women go elsewhere.) I feel disingenuous as a male normally, but deal with it as my social situation requires. In my more female look I feel more genuine.
    I seem to be a b-cup if I use padded bras, just no cleavage! I have a fairly decent shape if I remember the proper posture, so it isn't critical to pad the rest of my body. I would likely do makeup if I knew what I was doing, but I have not used wigs or anything. I guess I am what I am and who I am, but again, I am not thinking like a true CD, which seem to take a certain pride in pulling off a "closest thing to passing" possible look.
    I think I am just really transgendered, so I do not identify with my being particularly "male" but may look the part of a man in a skirt, while in my own mind just dressing perfectly naturally to suit my taste for that day.
    None the less, I would be willing to go for a real hardcore makeover someday, just to see how I would look. It may be overwhelming emotionally though, as opposed to fun...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Robin, u mite have titeled the thread, "Comfortable or feminine?"

I'm not a TS. Simply a CD. When I dress, I want see a pretty, shapely, young female in my mirror. Which I'm not in any way, shape or form!

I dress all the way or not at all. My female look is almost completed created by cheating. "Fake" if u prefer? Wearing pads, girdles, leg and arm coverings, wigs, tite synthetic clothing, and strutting around on 5" heels is NOT comfortable. (Never mind my silicone prosthesis). But, I don't want it to be!

If I want comfort, I throw on my loose, cool, cotton drabs and boat shoes.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Wow, awesome thoughts ladies, I was about to shout out a few but just too many! Ya, 'fake' is a little harsh, I knew that when I posted but I openly admit I shamelessly 'fake' it too so it's all good! 😉

My hair is my own, breasts are my own (40C bra). will occasionally use shaper w/ hip pads to fill out a dress. No makeup (hands & eyes are too incapable at this point). I need to lose significant weight, so prefer empire waist dresses, usually floor length. I think I look good, but there is no doubt that I am male. I just feel more comfortable dressed than not.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

My body is all real. No forms or pads. The only help I get with my figure is a 38B push up bra. Other than that, the curves in the skinny jeans and bodycon tops are all me. My head is a different story, though. I'm losing too much hair off the temples, so I wear a wig, and until I can get some facial hair removal going, I use beard concealer. I also wear feminine eyeglasses to hide brow bones. I try to go minimal on the makeup, though. Just lipstick and some eye shadow. My eyelashes are naturally long, so I haven't seen a need for eyeliner or mascara.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Banned Read only
    Wow Kristyn, just saw the pics (ya, I use my phone a lot...), you're seriously Tom Boy hot girl...just saying!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    There's nothing wrong with fake. Fake boobs certainly make my outfits look sexy.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I wish that male pattern baldness didn't prevent me from wearing my hair naturally at shoulder length, but there just isn't enough left on the crown to cover the pink skin glistening through. So, a wig is a must for me. I also find that small breast forms, the chicken breast size, help to deflect attention from my shoulders, pects, and lats, which are all hyper-sized from weight-training. With the wig and the minimal padding I can look androgynous (which is how I like to project anyway), and feel Fem; without them I'm just a skinny old white guy who's spent too much time in the gym.

A lot of women actually "fake it" but I am with you for the most part. One of several reasons I do not go out in public. If I have to go to such great lengths to "look" like a woman, it looses its appeal to me.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned