Thread: Pink Theory

Pink Theory

Maybe a girl just has to go through a pink phase while growing up; and if she does not, then the pink keeps coming back until pink is fully done?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Sounds like another phase in life Pamela, I still like wearing womens clothes and until I get over that......:-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Pamela, I don't know what it really is, but I think it has something to do with the fact that men have both X&Y chromosomes, and something turns on and off certain aspects of our X chromosome, and for some once it is turned on it never turns off, and the extent of the expressing can also vary.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    OK, but what about the black phase which so many people never seem to grow out of, whether it be Goth, LBD, business, or the 'black everything' outfits so beloved by people who either want to look slimmer or urban-sophisticated?

(Note colour of my avatar...)

I love my pink knickers, and occasionally socks, but otherwise pink is a colour that doesn't draw me....
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Pamela,
    Going through a pink phase is putting it mildly when I think of the phases I've been through, I could live with pink for the rest of my life compared with some phases ! But it was fun !!!!

Banned Read only
    Any M>F person who dresses, whether temporarily or permanently (as in transition), likely grew up as a male. Doesn't make any difference how we felt about it. That was the societal reality around us. What this means is that we missed the vast majority of things that are done to fit in with, relate to and deal with society from a female perspective. We just don't have that and I don't believe we can ever get it completely as adults.

I think dressing up in tart mode or in a manner that is 'way younger than our actual ages is a way of trying to replicate going through Pink times...

DeeAnn

Totally DeeAnn, that's right.

My theory is a little deeper, Nikki. In my work I calibrated the age of clients' "inner children" from the drawing-age/writing-age of their representation of whichever. And I feel clearly that colours echo into life phases, and many girls do go through quite a long pink phase before they move on, so yes black, purple (a lot of that round my neck of the woods), fashions, styles echoing from life's imprinting moments. Reconnecting to the age of the colour for the person would release and grow-up that self to here and now - down and upsides to that though.

Black, hmmn, doesn't the wicked witch wear black in Snow White?

I think the first outer garment I put on was an LBD. Presently, I'm missing greens from my wardrobe (Robin Hood anyone?) - and textures/patterns. ;-)
    Last edited by pamela7; 03-22-2016 at 04:35 PM.
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

I'm about done with the pink phase. I think that if I dress up just one more time, that ought to do it. Maybe....

Shades of pink anyone?
    I suppose for me it's all about the luster, hues, feel and look.this also applies to any colour, being bright and shiny my main choce. Until I'd read an few post's I always thought drab was dull and not meaning male model clothing. My personal thoughts still run this way and see many forms of drab female female clothing and wonder why any person would dress in this way when the choices available are unlimited. Yes I do like pink but the right pink. This refers to undergarments as far as the outer garments go I don't have much choice or experience (underdresser) the only true outer garment I currently possess is a black form fitting item of shiny club ware (private dressing only). I believe that the colour pink invokes a period of innocence and youthful thinking or maybe without the thoughts just appeals. As for how long it lasts I do hope that it never is fully done.

Banned Read only
    g s:

DRessed As Boy

DRessed As Girl

DeeAnn

Radio discussion here went
    Pink is a strong/dominate colour and therefore for boys back in the 1800's
    Blue was for female.

One of the Queens (not sure if they mean English, French or where ever) painted her unborn babys room Pink for the future King
    She had a girl, and all in the court decided not to upset the Queen and changed it so pink was fine for girls.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I went through a pink phase in 1983 or so when Miami Vice first came on television. The pink came back into my wardrobe with a vengeance in recent years and it is not leaving.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    g s:
    DRessed As Boy
    DRessed As Girl
    DeeAnn
    Unfortunately, GS will always be for my old gold and black Gran Sport Buick Skylark, so I won't be able to use it for anything else.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Are you referring only to the color pink, as in wearing pink clothing? And when you state "Maybe a girl ...", do you mean GGs too? ... because we don't all go through it.

I most decidedly did not go through a phase of wanting to wear pink. Ever. There are lots of GGs like me, especially those of us who adopted the feminist attitudes that women needed to depart from the little-girlish, stereotypical "girls are sugar and spice and everything pink and frilly". I think we stayed clear of pink and frills because this is mostly associated with little girls and it isn't a color that gives off an impression of competence and power. Even my mother did not dress me in pink (good for her!).

If wearing pink is your way to capture what you feel you missed out on, this is fully your prerogative. But I just want to say there are lots of alternative feminine styles that are more suitable for the age you are now, that better reflect the competent, powerful woman you are.

Last edited by ReineD; 03-23-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    Reine

Never really been a fan of the color, except for hot pink, but that only goes for certain things, like decals, a few decorations, billboards. Nice on the young tweens,, but hot pink generally is not a shade for middle age or beyond.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

When i first me my lingerie consultant a couple of years ago I expressed a preference for pink. She has shown me how beautiful color can be. Through discussion she revealed she prefers vibrant colors. I quickly began to feel my taste for pink was childish and now have a lingerie drawer full of amazingly rich and feminine hues.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark/Rebecca View Post
    When i first met my lingerie consultant...
    Now that's the way to kick start a dull dinner party.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I love pink, you just have to look in my panty drawer. Right now waiting for a long hot pink nightgown, so pretty and feminine.

Huggs Kim

I was joking with my wife that there might be a gene for preferring pink panties. To be fair, pink is just another color and you need to find the right hue for your skin! You never get tired of a good color for you.
    We are all beautiful...!

I did an audit Reine, and pink takes up about 5-6% of my wardrobe, less than half the blacks or the blues. I've hardly begun getting patterns, honestly i am so full of admiration of women who can keep down to like 1 or 2 wardrobes, I feel like i need 5-10 of them!

I have a pink nighty, a very short short mini skirt that is hot pink. I also have a pencil skirt that is pink. But matching with pink is different story. But that mini skirt is fine but I cannot wear it out, I got the pencil skirt for that. Yeah pink.
    Part Time Girl

I have never been that fond of pink. But, I just bid on a light pink top, for the first time. I had a beautiful white with pink dress for a while, but sold it recently. never been a big fan of pink.

urgh i hate the colour pink, it hurts the eyes its way to penetrant and its not a freaking colour (my art teacher used to say it a bad state lol). i do though like the colour rosé, which is definitly softer and way nicer for the eyes. otherwise my wardrobe is classic black, azure blue, darker shades of red and purple. and 2 pieces of rosé.

i love pink 2 of my fav niteys are pink , my wife shes not a big fan of pink and to be honest i like royal blues better most of my panties are but i see pink as girly and so i like it .

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    Maybe a girl just has to go through a pink phase while growing up; and if she does not, then the pink keeps coming back until pink is fully done?
    Based on the range of answers to the thread I'm not the only one who is confused. Pink phase or pink color? M>F cross-dressers or GG's?