Thread: A crossdresser festival

Banned Read only

A crossdresser festival

Was on net and found out there's an actual festival where men crossdress to worship a goddess in India. It's called the Kottankulangara Festival.watched few videos of it and everyone seems normal and didn't care if men crossdressed. Even mothers and fathers taking there son dressed as girl. I wish I could go there but I think only people of hindu religion are allowed I'm not sure. Anybody been there or knows any other such festival please share.

Hi Rah!

The only thing that I have heard of that is a cd-related type of festival used to happen in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It was called the "En-Femme Getaway" but they no longer have it according to the website. Also, this was not a full-blown type of gathering like you mention where everyone in town participated. Instead, it was cd-centered and not an "official" festival but it looked like a lot of fun from the pictures I'd seen.
    Lisa

Here's more info on the Celebration http://www.gayeurekasprings.com/

Non-binary/Questioning
    South Asia apparently has a long tradition of acknowledging non-binary people. However, they have only recently (2014) been accorded full legal rights in India and are still subject to significant discrimination. See (e.g.) Hijra: India's third gender claims its place in law

Quote Originally Posted by lisa_vin View Post
    Hi Rah!

The only thing that I have heard of that is a cd-related type of festival used to happen in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It was called the "En-Femme Getaway" but they no longer have it according to the website. Also, this was not a full-blown type of gathering like you mention where everyone in town participated. Instead, it was cd-centered and not an "official" festival but it looked like a lot of fun from the pictures I'd seen.
    I never went to the Getaway, but I can tell you that you big city girls have nothing on Eureka Springs! Even their TV ad promoting tourism shows two women (or are they??) walking through downtown holding hands! It's in a very unlikely spot, which makes it even cooler. I've experienced this place first hand.

I live in Arkansas and I've never made up there. I heard it's a very nice place and if they are welcoming to LGBT then I just may have found my next vacation spot

Banned Read only
    WELL i'm fascinated by this Kottankulangara Festival or chamayavilakku festival whatever it's really called. i've been watching alot of video's on youtube of this festival and it seems amazing and makes me want to go there as it seems legit crossdressing festival, but it's so far and i feel scared traveling there

check out this website for more info
    http://www.chamayavilakku.in/
    Last edited by rah; 03-26-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Hi Rah, I'm from the same district where chamayavilakku festival happens and this is the only CD festival in Kerala state.but in several parts of India you can attend festivals as female form.in this may in tirupathi another festival is going to happen there you can dress fulltime for 4 days .don't worry about attending chamayavilakku festival, it is very safe and secure, its conducted inside a temple so no sexy ,reveling dress are allowed.
    Last edited by prabha; 04-20-2016 at 01:15 PM. Reason: nice