Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you enjoy your double life ?

I sympathize with the "double life" syndrome and the associated conflicts, and only wish I had some advice. I did that for years, until I realized that it was all me. Now I try to meld my ying and yang no matter what I am wearing. I know I'm a better person for accepting my female self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    Claire,
    I know that but it's convincing other people that's the problem !

I too have that "double life so to speak" and I really don't care for it. I have been dressing all my life since I was in my early teens. I had to hid all of it for fear of ridicule and rejection. My marriages (2 exactly) haven't accepted my dressing or the need for me to become my female alter ego. My first marriage ended in divorce because of my dressing but that wasn't the real reason, the wife was having affairs. My present marriage has its "ups and down" like most marriages do and my wife has seen me (by accident) and is NOT happy about it. I try NOT to "rub it in face" but things happen. She is tolerating my alter ego. Actually we are at the point of DADT. I feel that I am walking a tight rope and one day I will fall. I have come to the conclusion that tolerance is NOT a form of acceptance but is a vehicle for hate, ridicule, and rejection. I know I am wired differently and have accepted that, I also have strong female traits and I have accepted that as well. I am who I am and nothing will change that.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I'm no angel and no better than anyone but this is no way to live. Completely dishonest and horrible way to treat partners. Despicable. selfish really. Easier to hurt others than face self and be honest.
    Every inch a lady!

It's a double life for sure. Honestly I'm a clandestine person by nature, so the idea of living a double life is not really a problem for me. Do I enjoy it? Well not having to be secretive would certainly be easier, but I also do not view it as a negative.

There are of course the usual desires to try and be more open about it, again because it would certainly be easier. But the typical fears of rejection and ridicule are there. Even amongst friends I know are accepting of such life styles, I am still afraid to tell them. Perhaps I'm just flat out not as convincing as I may think I am, there is a lot of self confidence issues there. The fear is strong enough to keep me quite about it and not raise a bunch of noise. I guess if anything I simply drop subtle hints but leave it at that.

My biggest desire is to have a bit of a more social life for my fem side. But even then the usual self confidence issues creep up, and fear keeps me in the shadows.

So do I enjoy my double life? Yes of course because it allows me to have this part of myself. But I do wish I could be more confident and open about it to others.
    Last edited by Byron; 05-09-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    You are not you, you are me.

Goth boy by day, Goth girl by night.

I'm a financial planner and have had many clients who were gay. They all hid their fetish apparel and cross dressing from the public. They would have parties, starting after dark, where they and their friends could openly display their apparel preferences without the fear of scrutiny. I don't know how you find a group of cross dressers with whom to party, but it may be worth exploring.