Thread: Well that escalated, not so quickly!

Well that escalated, not so quickly!

Hi,

After years of hiding my true identity and feeling ashamed I decided to bite the bullet and come out. To my surprise my wife is understanding and so too is my family. I have told them I no longer want to live as a male and want to live full time as a woman. I have started talking to my GP about transitioning and the options available to me, I wish I had the courage to do this years ago..

Please be sure to read a lot of what has been posted here by the long time veterans of the lifestyle and enjoy your journey to the sister zone
    hugs phylis anne

Silver Member
    You are truly blessed! May all continue to go well !! Can you share with us how you revealed tp both your wife and family??

Best of luck, pinknos, on your journey. It's sure to be interesting!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Wow, that's one big hurdle of the check list...congratulations! I've heard it said and believe it true though, a lot more hurdles to come? Stay strong and know you'll always have your friends here!

best of luck. i am curious as to how you broke the news.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

I had been feeling quite depressed in recent months and my wife would ask me what was wrong, I would just say that I was tired and overworked. Eventually on a particularly low day my wife asked me again what was really wrong and I told her that I wasn't happy in my male body and that I have always wanted to be a girl.

To my surprise she didn't freak out or rant and rave at me, instead she told me that feeling the way I do is nothing to be ashamed of and that she was proud of me for telling her.

She reassured me that she will love me whether I'm male or female. She then asked if I want to make changes to become female and I said that I do, to which she replied that I have her full support.

She then proceeded to replace my male clothes with female clothes and she took me shopping for new clothes.

With regards to my family, I very carefully tested the water first by telling my sister who is quite younger than me, a different generation and therefore maybe more open to alternative lifestyles! Well that was my logic..

She thought it was cool and that I should do whatever makes me happy and screw anyone who doesn't like it, it's my life she said.

I'm still trying to explain to my mum exactly how I feel and what I want to do in a way that she can understand, even though she doesn't understand why I feel the way I do she has told me that she will always love me and I have her full support.

Great story, wish mine was going aswell. Make sure to hold onto that girl

Gone to live my life
    Hello,

Well, it seems like things are progressing for you and that is a good thing. My advice though is keep the communication lines open as things can go south quite quickly if miscommunication happens. I began transitioning with my wife's support about a year ago and now live and work full time as a woman. She (my wife) has been very supportive but as things ramped up and I go caught up in being the woman I needed to be, she did get left behind on occasion and that bothered her. She never told me and to some degree I was so immersed in things, I failed to notice. So we had some setbacks but once we talked them through it was fine.

All this to say is don't forget that as you travel this path, your wife is travelling with you so listen to her and also ensure you are talking to her about your feelings, desires and whatnot.

Cheers and good luck.

Marcelle

Thanks Marcelle and everyone