Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming out went as well as I could have asked for

Coming out went as well as I could have asked for

Our plans were to shop at several places and I asked my wife if she minded me discussing something while she drove. She had no problem with that. As I proceeded with lets call it my preamble she could tell I was nervous and put her hand on my leg in encouragement. I finally got to the part where I told her I liked to wear womens clothing, to cross dress. I don't remember the exact rundown of how our conversation progressed but she said she loved me and if that made me happy she was ok with it.

She said she never suspected which surprised me. She wanted to know who else knew which I replied no one but her. She said she didn't think she was ready to see me dressed and I agreed that I wasn't ready either unless she just wanted me to. I was surprised my wife didn't ask my name or seem to suspect that I even had a name for my other self.

I usually get long winded but I'll just say that she was very supportive and assured me she still loved me and everything was fine. We had a great time shopping and eating lunch out. She's really a great wife and I let her know that I felt that way. I feel as time moves forward her participation will increase as she gets more comfortable with the idea of me dressing like a woman. She's truly a great wife.

Liz57
    So never judge a book by its cover
    Or who you gonna love by your lover
    Love put me wise to her love in disguise
    She had the body of a Venus,
    Lord, imagine my surprise

That's awesome, Congratulations. I told my wife last year and it's been terrific she even buys me stuff every now and then.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    So far, great news. Sounds like a great lady you've got there.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Yep, they don't realise we have a seperate identity (name, clothes, likes & dislike)
    My wife (and kids) knows my male clothes style and my female style so it's alsways fun shopping with them
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

That is so fantastic! I hope mine will come to be as accepting.
    I'd still suggest you let her set the pace, but maybe that's just my experience talking.
    Congratulations! You have a relationship that is to be admired.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

Congratulations,thats great, I hope everything continues being positive for you both Liz.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Congratulations, Liz, but at the risk of making a bad pun here, I think you went out on a bit of a limb disclosing such a potentially relationship-threatening and disconcerting (for the wife) secret while she was driving. What if she had gotten so rattled and dis-orientated by that disclosure that she wound up hitting a tree? - killing both of you and making the whole thing a moot point...

Maybe the next time you have such a talk, YOU should be the one doing the driving? Just sayin'...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Maybe the next time you have such a talk, YOU should be the one doing the driving? Just sayin'...
    + & -...

If L was driving, that would mean that the wife has both hands free to punch at will. 6 of 1...

Ya pays your money and ya takes your chance.

DeeAnn

I'm happy for you both that this went alright. My suggestion would be to let everything settle in over the next few weeks, and don't rush things! Go slowly and gently.
    Di

Banned Read only
    Congratulations Liz, it's great to hear she's so understanding! Timing is everything, when the pink fog hit hard a little over a year ago I would schedule business trips just to get a chance to dress and I'm pretty sure my SO thought I was having an affair, when i reallized I had to come out she wasn't only OK with it, she was actually kinda overjoyed 😀

That's fantastic to read - congrats and I'm so glad that it went well

great . i guess i to now have an understanding wife and she too buys a little thing now and then for me

That's great, I know it's going to be hard but try to take it slow. Must have been a load of your shoulders

That's great news Liz. You got a very similar response that I got from my wife although mine took about three days to get her head around it. Like you, I feel very lucky to have my wife's acceptance. Make sure you keep telling your wife how much you love her. I'm sure you will!
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 03-27-2016 at 07:02 AM.

congratz liz,

i too feel the car ride may have become a dangerous place for this emotional type of talk, but water under the bridge, now just keep her in the loop....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Aspiring Member
    congrats ! when you come out to your wife as a CDer, and she is supportive, it is like a huge weight as been lifted off your shoulders. Not having to sneak around and hide your fem stash is a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    + & -...

If L was driving, that would mean that the wife has both hands free to punch at will. 6 of 1...

Ya pays your money and ya takes your chance.

DeeAnn
    LOL, DeeAnn!

Very perceptive, and I never thought of it that way . You make a good point. Life really is a roll of the dice sometimes, and often simply comes down to "carpe diem" (seize the day).

That is amazing! I'm very happy for you both. I too have an understanding wife and it's such a joy not having to hide who I am. My wife even has a new best girlfriend out of the deal.
    -Shelby

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others, you need to accept yourself" -Thich Nhat Hanh

I have a similar situation and we are both extremely blessed. My advice to sustain this, give back! Be a better husband, show her every day how meaningful her acceptance is to you. The more she gets in this arrangement, the better it will be for everyone involved. For our wives to accept us it such an unselfish act, we always need to remember it and become more unselfish ourselves. I know for me, I have told my wife that I love her more in the last year than in the previous 28 years of marriage.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Great news Liz

However, a word of caution. In a few days she will probably have a lot more questions for you. Just be honest with her, as getting caught in a lie later will be worse than you might expect. Apart from the why did you not tell me sooner Lies are the one thing that women really hate.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Fantastic! I love hearing success stories. Just a word warning: don't assume you are in the free and clear yet. As she has time to process this and do some research, it is possible that her feelings may flip flop. My wife swung from fairly accepting to fuming many time in the years after I first came out to her.

What a positive outcome Liz. The best any of us could ask for, especially not to have her lose control of the car nor ask you to get out. Wishing you the best of luck for "the rest of the story" to come...

I'm glad that it went so well for you Liz, you are a very lucky girl.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Liz, What a great story. I love reading positive stories, I feel so bad when it ends a relationship or the relationship turns caustic as we have read so many times here.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I guess a little update wouldn't hurt. Besides, I'm bubbling over to talk about this. We had a good day shopping after I told my wife yesterday and she even commented how she had enjoyed the day. Today we went to church, came home and walked the dog and then headed out of town for some more adventure. We went to a big cat refuge and spent the afternoon there, then out to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. While riding I asked if she minded me talking about it some more which she said was fine, it was something that was important to me so I should. I asked if she minded that I kid with her about me cross dressing, that several times something had happened that I wanted to make a joking comment about and had held back because I didn't want to go at a faster pace than she wanted. I gave her the example of when I was checking out her Easter dress of saying that it would look better on her than me. I think the mental image of that bothered her some but she said I could joke if I wanted. When I first brought it up again today she said that me cross dressing didn't really bother her and she was very surprised by that. I said I wasn't surprised, that she was very open minded but I did understand why a spouse would be bothered. We had a really good time today and she commented on that too. I talked a little bit more on the way home and told her I knew I was talking more about it than she might like and I was trying not to be a pain in the butt but she was the only one I could talk to about it. I think she understands. I did also try to get her to understand that it's more than just wearing womens clothes but a matter of mentally becoming a woman for awhile. I'm not sure she had gottten around to that realization yet. I told her how much I admired srong women and heriones, etc. and said I thought it would be so cool to be a woman and that I guess I just wanted the best of both worlds.

It's hard for me to hold my tongue now that it's out in the open, it's all that's been on my mind for over a week and I can't turn it off. I did tell my wife that as well. Pink Fog? I'm so glad I have a place to come share my feelings and fears and triumphs. I'm really trying to be patient and let things run their course and I'm usually a very patient man so I guess it's the woman in me that's impatient. For once, while I'm writing on this forum or looking I don't have to hide the screen when my wife walks by. So cool. Now I won't have to make sure I throw my straw in the bottom of the trash can after drinking a mixed drink because of lipstick on it. I can put my panties in the drawer now instead of hiding them! Dresses in the closet! It's gonna be a whole new world for me and I can hardly wait for things to progress. Yes, paience girl.

Liz57
    So never judge a book by its cover
    Or who you gonna love by your lover
    Love put me wise to her love in disguise
    She had the body of a Venus,
    Lord, imagine my surprise