Thread: Easter services

Easter services

I rose at 4:00am, dressed in mint green jacket/sheath with contrasting accessories and white heels. I looked 50's woman getting ready to go to church.. At 5:30 I left the house and headed for the Sunrise non-denominational site. I did not drive into the parking area (chickened out). I drove around, found a place to watch the sun rise over the mountains and it was spectacular. By 7:00 most of the restaurants were open and I again decided not to go in. Now, I have been in public dressed allot but today was not about me. So I drove home and am currently enjoying a cup of coffee and the Sunday paper.
    Thanks for reading. Anyone go to church dressed today?
    joank
    Southern California

Happy Easter!
    I'm not at church, but rather at an airport heading back home. I am totally underdressed, as the TSA Security guy can confirm ( see my earlier post ). It's been an interesting day thus far....,
    Di

Yes, I went to the same church as I do every Sunday, fully dressed. They made made sure I got an Easter Egg when I left.

I have always wanted to attend a church service "dressed" but I have never done that. I do know that some churhes are open to crossdressers.
    Love, Sabrina

Watching the sun rise over the mountains is being in "church".
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Allisa,
    I cannot disagree with you . It was spectacular and worth the wait and I did not have to try to sing.
    joank
    Southern California

I don't celebrate Easter, but it is always thrilling to go out all dressed up.

Hi Yes I attended a 7:00 pm service. A cream Tank top, same a line skirt sandals and a new blonde short wig that every one really liked. I am well accepted there an get lots of hugs an kiss's. Jo

I believe there is something very right about attending church as the person you feel that you are inside. Perhaps presenting your true self to god. I am not sure I really believe, but I would hope people would embrace your true self.

Reality Check
    On the other hand, many churches believe crossdressing is a sin.

My wife did and of course I thought she was the most beautiful woman there. I expressed that to her and she appreciated it. I would've loved to, but didn't. I am a Born Again Christian and firmly believe this is how I was created and that I have freedom in Christ to wear what I want. I Don't intend to harm this thread by talking religion other than stating that I believe it's very unfortunate that most within the Church simply don't understand the issue of freedom and the issue of self expression through cross dressing (or just clothes in general), hairstyles, tattoos, piercings, art, music, etc. I'm happy for the people here who can comfortably attend an understanding church dressed in a way that allows them to freely express themselves.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josrphine View Post
    Hi Yes I attended a 7:00 pm service. A cream Tank top, same a line skirt sandals and a new blonde short wig that every one really liked. I am well accepted there an get lots of hugs an kiss's. Jo
    Hi, Jo. What's the church denomination? Are all of their churches (locations) as accepting of we girls?

We belong to Chist Church Unity which I have no doubt would not bat an eye if anyone came dressed.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaedwards View Post
    I have always wanted to attend a church service "dressed" but I have never done that. I do know that some churhes are open to crossdressers.
    Love, Sabrina
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark/Rebecca View Post
    I believe there is something very right about attending church as the person you feel that you are inside. Perhaps presenting your true self to god. I am not sure I really believe, but I would hope people would embrace your true self.
    People should attend special functions and formal events, to include religious services and ceremonies, dressed in clothing and appearing as the gender they believe themselves to be. Hopefully they will feel like all other participants and be welcomed.

I do feel different about crossdressers. Unless someone crossdresses full time, and would normally be expected by others in attendance to present as a female, most crossdressers should appreciate the dignity and reverence associated with worship, or weddings, or funerals, or anniversaries, etc. They should not be a possible distraction and detract from the service or special celebration. Unless a congregation openly welcomes and expects crossdressers, and unless the host of a wedding or special event knows and approves in advance, crossdressers probably should avoid showing up in a dress and heels. There are better and more appropriate places to enjoy being dressed than a place of worship or a nephew's wedding.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 03-30-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Heatherdress, I usually stay out of conversation like this but in this case I have to respond.
    I do attend MVCC services dressed and I am a CD and proud of it. Yes, the church is very diverse. To say that I should not attend services is not your place. In the church that I used to attend women were and are still expected to wear skirts or dresses, no pants allowed and I guess this stuck with me and when I go to this church I will wear a dress or skirt, very conservative and classy. I am accepted and I even had some of the women comment positively on my outfit. I've also been to a wiccan wedding, did ask the brides if it was okay with them (I was friends with her family). I had a wonderful time, was accepted by all and ended up discussing my dressing with a few people privately outside on the patio and even the bride and I had a talk and she was so happy that I was able to be who I wanted to be.
    The whole thing is to not to be a distraction or upstage the peoples special event.

People should attend special functions and formal events, to include religious services and ceremonies, dressed in clothing and appearing as the gender they believe themselves to be. Hopefully they will feel like all other participants and be welcomed.
    Nikki, Heather most specifically did NOT say you should not attend services dressed. She simply made a reasonable point that you should be respectful of the situation, and that when it comes to worship or other serious moments it is simply considerate to think of others and to not be a distraction. We tend to get pretty self-absorbed on this site, me included, but there is a time to think of others first.

Well said Heather.

Reality Check
    I agree with Heather and KrissyP.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    Heatherdress, I usually stay out of conversation like this but in this case I have to respond.
    I do attend MVCC services dressed and I am a CD and proud of it. Yes, the church is very diverse. To say that I should not attend services is not your place. In the church that I used to attend women were and are still expected to wear skirts or dresses, no pants allowed and I guess this stuck with me and when I go to this church I will wear a dress or skirt, very conservative and classy. I am accepted and I even had some of the women comment positively on my outfit. I've also been to a wiccan wedding, did ask the brides if it was okay with them (I was friends with her family). I had a wonderful time, was accepted by all and ended up discussing my dressing with a few people privately outside on the patio and even the bride and I had a talk and she was so happy that I was able to be who I wanted to be.
    The whole thing is to not to be a distraction or upstage the peoples special event.
    Nikki - Good for you and your church. If you go back and read my post, you will realize I would not question your church or wedding attendance. I agree that the point is not to be a distraction or upstage the event.

Heather I apologize. I misread the aim of your post. I do agree that one should not be a distraction and not upstage the event.