Thread: Thought v Action

Banned Read only

Thought v Action

I have not worn any of my femme items, apart from nail polish for ages.

I find when wearing them, it is now not as good as the thought of doing so.

Do we all experience this?

Banned Read only
    Interesting thought Heathr. I've heard it said and believe it true "You can't want what you have", the desire is the phsycological 'buzz' for lack of a better word. That said though, I'm pretty sure I'm a chic and wearing 'boyfriend' jeans kinda grosses me out 😉

Aspiring Member
    Sometimes it's just the idea itself that captivates simply because the idea can be stretched to an ideal, perhaps an expectation, definitely an anticipation. Like everything just flows perfectly, and nothing can go wrong.

I have been a massive ball gown fan since day one - there is something particularly elegant about floating around in a particularly voluminous gown with a defining silhouette, matched with an intricate yet delicate bodice. Not to mention how pretty one looks and feels when they sit in said gown with the skirt spread out.

Yet having worn one, it's fairly troublesome and indeed underwhelming. While I felt drop-dead gorgeous standing in front of the mirror and twirling my skirt, moving around and getting into that elusively beautiful sitting position wasn't as graceful as I envisioned. Can't say I enjoyed the prolonged confinement of a shaping corset without any cleavage to back it up either.

But in my dreams, I can still manage to glide gracefully in a ball gown whose bodice wraps me just right, and sink elegantly into the spread of its opulent chiffon skirt. All of the beauty, without the inevitable tradeoffs - that's the key to why the thought, the imagined is so much more appealing than the utterly real action.

Banned Read only
    Heathr1,
    No I don't have that problem, I start thinking about my next social evening and what I'm going to wear, I may have to go and shop to finish the look off and then do a complete try on afterwards.
    Social evenings have brought a meaning to dressing, I still enjoy dressing at home but don't do makeup or wig, so having a reason to do it fully and go out is great.

For me the anticipation is great, but the actual getting ready and getting all femmed up is greater than the anticipation. Dressing for me is the culmination of all the thought and anticipation. Especially, when I feel I look gorgeous. Well, when I feel I look OK.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

For me, it's the opposite. If I haven't dressed en femme for a long time, and the desire hits me, putting on the girl clothes just feels so good, so right, like that first bite of a perfect steak; everything's wonderful and the rest of the world melts away, and I can't focus on anything else at all other than how every sensation the clothes, nail polish, accessories, hair, and shoes feel and look. Then; a slight spray of perfume, and I'm in heaven. At least for a while.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me it is the action that counts. The posting by sometime-miss really holds true for me too. When I’m out en femme I am in a different world from the everyday routine. It is downright exhilarating to feel the feminine effect that really feminine attire gives me. It feels just completely right and natural somehow.
    It does not surprise me that those who wear just slightly feminine attire or the modern pseudo feminine attire don’t get any feminine effect from them. Those who wear clothes to express their feminine side but opt for just a few items or not all that feminine type attire might well be not expressing their feminine side and wind up discouraged or disappointed.
    Crossdressing means just that, getting into real female attire all they way. Halfway measures can easily bring about halfway results.

anticipation there is a song with that name.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Usually only feel that way about some of the heels I've bought. I'm a good shopper and like most women only buy what I think looks good and is comfortable.