Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to gay pride as a woman

Going to gay pride as a woman

Hi has anyone thinking about going to gay pride as a woman?

I had thought about it and i actually want to do it being that its my first time.
    Last edited by tiffanynjcd24; 03-28-2016 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Please move this thread to male to female crossdressing

Banned Read only
    I've yet to be to one myself but both my kids go regularly. I'd say go for it Tiffany, you look amazing en femme and you'll surely have a blast (great confidence booster as well).

Thanks for the compliment robin. I would kind of hate it to go alone
    Last edited by tiffanynjcd24; 03-28-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Banned Read only
    I'd totally go with if I were from NJ but I don't think you'd be 'alone' at all, what better place to meet new friends?!

I agree hun. I know i need to get out more

Can't think of a better place.....

Go! You'll have a ball. Please note its been 'pride' not 'gay pride' for many years. It's all about diversity, not just gay.

Gay Pride is usually a euphemism for LGBT pride. The T part is...Transgender. Also in the general sense women can be "bi" or "Lesbian" so there will be women there. So why would you think you COULDN'T go?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Its just that i never have a chance to do it. I just started went out this year and i feel comfortable with myself

Banned Read only
    Not trying push you hon but I think it would be a really great experience, you're young and beautiful only once (sigh), give it some serious thought!

No you are right but i deff want to do it. I had confidence when i went out to clubs twice, drove in my car, and walking briefly as a woman

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

My mistake paula i havent really been out before that

Sounds like it could be fun, I have not been to one though.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Most of my FtM trans friends go in girl mode and represent at our trans group booth.
    So yeah go in girl mode why not?

Thanks every one

Did it last year.
    Couldn't see over the crowd and was dressed way too warm so left early, but people were very cool, not even a comment. I am at an age where showing much skin wouldn't look too great, but did notice a great number of scantily clad young women and one 99% naked guy (had a rainbow ribbon somewhat strategically placed). Tried to take some photos of the parade, but nothing turned out, so it was a bit disappointing.
    Go, by all means.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

As a gay crossdresser, I encourage you to go. I don't get to go as a woman, as I don't have the support network to come with me, and when I do go, I'm working the entire time in a booth or marching in the parade. I hate doing that, as I'd much rather just kick back and have fun, so go and enjoy yourself for me!

In WASH DC area, we have two pride days. We have a Trans Pride day and an LGBT Pride day.

You can go to either or both as one sees fit.

Yes, my first Pride event was one I attended en-femme. Austin Pride, in late August of last year, in Austin, Texas. My daughter and I had a fine time there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Back when the pink storm rolled in I did a LOT of google searches and found a buck of government sponsored TG awareness posters from there, I've never spent any time in Washington DC but I gather it's a fairly tolerant place.

In my case, my pride has led to my fall, time and time again. i found through 12 step programs, that humility brings better results. Talking about me only here.

Have attended several and never had any trouble and always meet nice people .
    Enjoy Life Is To Short Not To Go

A Pride Fest is a great event to go to even if you aren't passable. You will usually see a lot of CD/TG's at a Pride event.

Oh i will hun how are you today

Non-binary/Questioning
    I've only ever been out dressed once, and that was at last year's Trans Pride march in Toronto (see the B&W image in my profile). I'd like to do it again this year.

Donnalee made some good points. At any major Pride event there will be a lot of people. Be prepared to feel a bit trampled. You probably won't get any good photos unless you lift your camera above your head and shoot in bursts. There's a weird thing about Pride, it always seems to fall on the hottest day of the year. Wear a sundress, and forget the body shaping. It's a celebration, not a beauty contest. Have fun, let loose, this was made just for you.

Toronto Pride gathers (depending on your news source), 2-5 million people. Any big city will have no parking at all, or if you find a spot, by the time the party kicks in, you won't be able to leave for hours. There will be long lines for any washroom (don't worry about the gender of the washroom) or water.

I also go to lil ole London Ontario Pride. Only about half a million people, but still, not a hotel room anywhere unless you book well in advance.

It's your event!! Respect everyone else, and they will respect you.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 03-29-2016 at 09:57 AM.