Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do "The clothes make the woman"?

Clothes are window dressing on both men and women. It is really all about attitude and presentation. When everything syncs clothes can be very powerful for both men and women. I believe women have more ammunition as there are infinite styles and colors available over the standard boring man clothes. Today's women have fought hard to break old stereo types and dress comfortably and appropriate to the situation. I have no problem with this as everyone deserves freedom of expression. There is a true power through clothing and attitude that has partly faded as people tend to dress down as the norm. IMHO sexy jeans and tops do not turn my head. It's the woman in the store or mall wearing a nice skirt blouse and heels or a nice dress and heels that does. Sexy jeans or leggings are the norm these days and are everywhere so they don't really attract my attention. Like my signature says "Bring Back The Glamour"
    Last edited by Suzy Parker; 03-30-2016 at 01:26 AM.

Fine post Suzy. Bring Back The Glamour indeed. Dutchess satin blouse, dark wool blend pencil skirt, full fashion seamed stockings and heels for example. It IS about attitude and presentation appropriate to the situation, be it a special event or a trip to the supermarket. For the latter I would still wear leggings or skinny jeans and a puffer jacket.

I do not venture out but if I did I would have a problem. My cautious man side would want to be very discreet and try to stay under the radar while Suzy would always go out even for groceries dressed to the nines. Suzy does not own one pair of pants or leggings, nothing but nice dresses, skirts, and blouses for her. When Suzy gets to visit it is always her way as there is no highway.

Aspiring Member
    Most of it is in the wig, breasts (corollary: bra to hold them + matching panties) and foundation. Anything else is largely secondary, although lipstick and mascara are key assets as well..

Clothes indubitably form most of the tactile element of crossdressing, and can tend to be heavily gendered as well - especially manifested in the cutting, fitting and overall shape. As much as they do indeed accentuate a feminine form / shape, I won't wear them till I have some prior degree of female presentation above my neck.

Looks like I am in the minority here as I identify with underdressing and clothing definitely makes me female (mentally). Jeans, pants dull tops are drab doesn't matter male or female I can really identify with bring back the glamour. It's all in the mind anyway. Just look down. Maybe as I progress through to lots of post's my veiws will modify. While having some acc and maybe one day will use the polish clip on's and other forms of adornments that reside in the drawer they don't currently do it for ME. I definitely don't look in mirror as this could destroy my own picture of what I am while in that state. I "dress" when stressed depressed lonely and occasionally to relax gather thoughts or to understand another's perspective. (one can still be lonely whilst partnered)
    I do not mean to diminish anyone and can only hope others feel the same.
    Gina

The clothes are a starting point but much more is needed.

Take any non CD male and dress them in full female regalia, top to toe, wig to heels, makeup, forms, hip padding the whole 9 yards. Chances are they're not suddenly going to feel feminine and have an overwhelming desire to go out and buy some more makeup or another dress. They may be good sports and act it up a bit but it's not likely it's something that will sit as a burning desire to be repeated at any and every opportunity.

Clothes are an enabler. They make it possible for us to be the person we want to be but it's us who add the magic ingredient. The walk, posture, hand gestures, any number of small but important factors that help us make the change. This is probably different for those who have transitioned. They are in a different place. A different normality.

I will agree that what I wear does influence how I feel as it does with GG's. However going back to my point about the non CD, putting him in a Dior ensemble isn't likely to make him feel suddenly glamorous.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Reality Check
    Strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig does not make you a woman. Same for a LBD and a pair of six inch heels.

They may make you look like a woman, they may make you try to act like a woman, but underneath it all, you are the same as you are when naked.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    A male dresses in clothes that allow him express his masculinity. This might just consist of jeans and a t shirt, etc for some .
    As the old adage goes..."clothes make the man"

A female dresses in clothes that expresses her femininity.....at least when the situation allows it.
    What this consist of can vary of course with the individual.

I have actually worked with females (in a blue collar environment) who always wore a skirt or a dress saying it make them feel more female / feminine.
    These ladies were Hispanic. I do not know what to make of this other than it's a cultural thing.

I have also known females who have had rather large breast and... liked to wear low cut blouses saying it makes then feel more "womanly" to do so.

When I go out in pubic en femme, I always wear either a skirt and blouse or a dress. I always dress in a manor that i like to call "classy femininity".
    I should add that I am now almost 69 years old.

This morning, I went to the local mall wearing sort of a spring type, slightly below the knee shift dress. It was a dress of thin materiel in bright spring colors, since the weather is warming up here in NY.
    I also wore pantyhose and, a full slip , etc,
    I felt so feminine as I walked around the mall.
    This included stores such as Target at the mall and a Walmart.

After I left the the mall, I walked around the "down town" area of my town for about a half hour
    Again , i felt so feminine dressed this way.

To be honest, wearing pants would not have given me the same feminine feeling.

I have worn pants most of my life and it's now time for me to wear a dress or a skirt.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-31-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Robin, The clothes complete the illusion.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!