Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV shows that were a must see as a young crossdresser

For me it was the old shows and particularly movies where the women wore peter pan collars and puffy sleeves. Lace, satin, all the girly stuff. I would imagine myself dressed in their outfits and still do!

Aspiring Member
    Tribe ? ok that sort of explaines some of her look being just a little bit exotic compared to the rest of the crew

Banned Read only
    s:

Tribe in this case is shorthand for Of The Same Tribe. She was lesbian.

DeeAnn

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Wonder Woman!! OMG YES.
    9 year old Amy obsessed over that show ... Of course the Wonder Woman outfit was rad,and I wanted one, LOL. But mostly it was Lynda Carter's "every day" looks ... That woman is 100% fabulous 100% of the time. Also she had a pet robot in an episode or two.

I wanted to be her so bad
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Aspiring Member
    It's just something about super heroines for me. As for WW, there were actually two different costumes associated with two different storylines. One was set in the WWII times and the other she was more current. One of her outfits wasn't as high cut. I was actually partial to that one lol. You know you must be CD to notice things like that

I still try to catch the great Lynda Carter every Saturday night on Me TV. For that matter, the original Star Trek after that. Who wouldn't want to travel the Universe dressed in standard issue USS Enterprise uniform?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-04-2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

Love Boat... I once read that Aaron Spelling make the woman wear nude hose with shorts in his shows because it made their legs look better On tv.....DUUHH

These are all great shows for our interests growing up. One I did not see mentioned yet was HeeHaw. The HeeHaw Honeys were a highlight.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Aspiring Member
    Oh lord yes how could I forget Hee Haw? Every Saturday night. Does anyone remember Solid Gold and the solid gold dancers?

The Julie Newmar catwoman. Hey, and she spawned a TG movie because she was so good.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

The late, great Yvonne Craig as Batgirl in the 60's Batman show was my first girl crush. I wanted to be her, next to her and with her. My pulse raced and my breath taken away every time she entered into her secret closet. Her transformation, coupled with the jazzy theme music, always kept me transfixed. From cute and smart to strong, athletic and sexy; if only my transformations were as stunning.

Molly J

Triva....Yvonne Craig was in Star Trek TOS........what episode was that and what character was she? Bonus points if you know what color her skin was.

Marta, in "Whom Gods Destroy." She was a green Orion slave girl.

As far as TOS uniforms go, I prefer Nurse Chapel's
    Last edited by Eryn; 04-03-2016 at 10:05 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    I always passed by (rather than watched) Chinese period dramas as an impressionable youngster. Despite being mostly captivated by the intense and cheesily effected fight scenes of wuxia shows involving often itinerant martial artists, I later grew spellbound by the dresses worn by the women on screen especially the aristocrats and the dancers (although we are all beautiful when we dance, right?). No doubt many such cases are historically inaccurate at times, they were still beautiful yet delicate, sometimes even bordering on ethereal.

Probably something to this effect: http://www.china-cart.com/d.asp?a=An...stumes&d=22349
    Or even: http://www.china-cart.com/d.asp?a=Ch...te+Set&d=22357
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-04-2016 at 02:11 PM. Reason: two links per person per thread

Charlie's Angels, certainly, all the ladies had such awesome outfits (not to mention hair). Suzanne Somers' wardrobe on Three's Company was also great. Pretty much any show from the 70s, which is when my fashion (and musical) tastes developed. Someone mentioned Laugh-In and Love American Style, which were a treasure trove of late 60s/early 70s fashion (Why can't they make things like that any more?) I remember repeated pausing the cocktail party scenes from Laugh-In to take in all the cool outfits. On to the 80s, the female guest stars of shows like MacGyver and The A-Team also had some nice things to wear. And how about Buck Rogers? What Erin Gray could do with a spandex catsuit shouldn't be legal. Sadly things seem to have taken a turn south after the 80s, the characters on newer shows tend to dress down more. At least the writing on TV is better.

Banned Read only
    As a young cross-dresser I did not have any thoughts about young girls' or women's attire. That was a period of self loathing. In the early sixties to the mid-sixties, which was my teenage years to be a cross-dresser was to be considered a homosexual man. The term 'gay' had not yet been co-opted by the homosexual community. For me it was the clothes. There were two men's clothing shops on the main business street. They were corner stores diagonally across from each other. In front of one was a bus stop. I would linger there and just plain drool over the mannequins adorned with undergarments; especially girdles.

But, as to the females I lusted or had 'impure thoughts' about, I loved Annette Funicello. I adored her as a Mouseketeer on the Mickey Mouse Club and then all the "Beach Party" movies.