Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV shows that were a must see as a young crossdresser

TV shows that were a must see as a young crossdresser

These are the ones I have fond memories of:

First there was I Dream of Jeanie, wow what a figure Barbara Eden had. I loved all of the fashions from the time as well.
    Batman, especially the episodes with Batgirl or Catwoman in them.
    WKRP, Jennifer Marlowe, WOW.
    Wonder Woman, what young crossdresser did not fantasize about wearing that wonderful costume of hers.
    Last but not least would be Gilligan's Island. There has always been a debate over Mary Ann or Ginger, well for me it was definitely Ginger. I loved her wardrobe especially the long gold dress and the long white beaded dress. If she packed that much clothing for just a three hour tour I sure would like to see the rest of her wardrobe.

What shows were you drawn to?

Note: I did this thread about 5 years ago and it was fun so lets get a fresh take on it. I went by Suzy Satin back then, decided on a little more elegant online name.

In the 60's I loved the (Dean Martin Show)
    Lots of gorgeous women dressed to kill!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Hi Suzy

Who can forget the original Charlie's Angels? In almost every episode, one of them would go undercover as the classy businesswoman, or debutante, or fashion model...or maybe attend a formal ball. All had bodies, hair, makeup, and wardrobe to die for...

The shows Dynasty and Dallas were amazing...elegant and classy outfits! Three's Company was a reliable source for pantyhose thrills. WKRP in Cincinnati had Loni Anderson usually in some sort of pretty outfit with hose.

Later came Married with Children...Christina Applegate would often sport pantyhose, heels, and short dresses--awesome! And who can forget Fran Drescher in The Nanny?

All heady stuff for a young crossdresser!

Cheers

Gretchen

I'm voting for The Dean Martin Show as well. All those luscious women seemed to be coming straight from the Playboy Mansion, dressed so hot!!

Aspiring Member
    gun smoke with the laced up Miss Kitty ,
    petticoat junction , always was on the look out when more corsets might e shown but never were
    wild wild west , same reason. there hotties were almost always in a corset
    space 1999 hotties in skimpy bra less knit si fi outfits
    any day time womens show's that might have Jane Russle showing off , but they got a lot less interesting the older she got
    bat man writers must have loved "snidely whip lash" as a recurring theam to tie some one up on rail road tracks or giant table saws

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Dukes of Hazzard Daisy of course.
    Ellie Mae Clampett from Beverley Hillbillies.

Have to agree with Suit about Jane Russell....especially all the 18 hour bra and girdle ads she was in.
    Leggs pantyhose commercials, I can't believe its a girdle ads.....
    For tv shows, anything from the 50's or 60's.....
    But the 80's were great with Joan and Linda on Dynasty.....
    I wanted so much to be wearing those formal gowns or lingerie....

Aspiring Member
    lol think Mr. Drys-dales "secretary " was such a skinny bag of bones or just so total tightly girdled in that 1950 60's style she had the shape of a size 0 ?

Bella on that old lawyer/cop show Perry Mason had a figure that was well kept too.

Benney Hill > can't forget the Girls ! with them Heee Haw short shorts

I can't believe I left Bewitched off of my list. Always watched it, loved the styles from that time.

Barbara Eden is my favorite though. If you have a few minutes watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFhshMtD7XI

It is an episode of Andy Griffith were she comes to town and sets of shop in the local barber shop as a manicurest. My favorite scene is at the end when she is walking away with a very pronounced wiggle while Andy and Barney watch with smiles on their faces. The opening scene is pretty funny with all of the guys in the barber shop gawking at her when she gets off of the bus.
    Last edited by Suzy Parker; 03-30-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen_To_Be View Post
    Hi Suzy

Who can forget the original Charlie's Angels? In almost every episode, one of them would go undercover as the classy businesswoman, or debutante, or fashion model...or maybe attend a formal ball. All had bodies, hair, makeup, and wardrobe to die for...

The shows Dynasty and Dallas were amazing...elegant and classy outfits! Three's Company was a reliable source for pantyhose thrills. WKRP in Cincinnati had Loni Anderson usually in some sort of pretty outfit with hose.

Later came Married with Children...Christina Applegate would often sport pantyhose, heels, and short dresses--awesome! And who can forget Fran Drescher in The Nanny?

All heady stuff for a young crossdresser!
    That ^^^^^^^

I loved the Charlie's Angles jumpsuits and the glamorous Dallas/Dynasty outfits as a kid (also the Dukes of Hazzard girl), but Christina Applegate was the first time I realized I also wanted to be her.

Gidget and Patty Duke; that was the life I thought I would be living.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Y&R, grew up watching that since I was like 7.

Favorite two: Julie Newmar as catwoman or in any other appearance, and Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9 in Star Trek: Voyager, with her sprayed on costume. OMG, what fantasies those women caused this young person.

Edit -- Oh, and most importantly, Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in the 1960s "The Avengers".
    Last edited by Rhonda Darling; 03-31-2016 at 03:16 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I think you girls got them all covered for me already.. especially Wonder Woman who's outfit I recreated for myself when I was about 11 or 12 and would run around the woods in, deflecting bullets and making my dog/brother/inanimate objects tell the truth with my lasso!

Oh, and Mrs. Peel from The Avengers. Gosh, what a gal!

(Went away to make coffee before posting and didn't see the above post with Diana Rigg in it! )

Of those mentioned here, of course Wonder Woman is an essential, it also was very female empowering, an added bonus! Dukes of Hazzard... I actually found Fame to be pretty great, the original from the 80's, I never watched the remake... There were a couple short lived series's like Models, Inc. that were good for just one season... A bit newer, but La Femme Nakita was pretty good for envious fashion...
    Fun post!

Aside from how great those shows were...I always watched Cheers and Married with Children. The way Kirstie Alley and Christina Applegate both dressed was a true inspiration!
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Platinum Member
    Hi Suzy, Dynasty with all of the beautiful outfits that Joan Collins always wore.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I liked most of those shows and the women in them but I don't recall it having anything to do with crossdressing in my case. Except maybe the glamour of Ginger?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Sorry? Kristina Applegate? No no... surely you mean Katey Sagal? Who can resist leopard print and a peep-toe heel?!

Good thread! Leave it to Beaver--June always wore dresses, pearls and high heels around the house...

That Girl! I was infatuated by Marlo Thomas. There was even an episode where Donald (her boyfriend) got dressed up to do a story about the police who dressed to catch purse thieves in NYC. I have to toss in Cheers for Shelly Long and Kirsty Alley.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I loved the original female Star Trek uniform and nurses outfits in a UK drama called Angels. Oh, and whatever female newsreaders were wearing, especially Anna Ford and Selina Scott when they came from behind the newsdesk to present on the comfy sofas of breakfast TV and you could see their classy outfits in full

A coworker remarked about Cheryl Ladd, Charlie's Angel, that she wished she could look like her- I thought to myself "so do I!".

Aspiring Member
    OK, I grew up in the 70's and 80's - Shows like the Mary Tyler Moore show, 3's Company, Gilligan's Island, Wonder Woman, Dukes of Hazzard and Batman always caught my eye for fashion and legs.
    The 80's was the start of the workout video from Jane Fonda and the like with leotards and tights being the norm, and I bought a few Danskin leotards and tights when I was high school from the local department store.
    In the nineties, Ally McBeal caught my eye and I fell in love with the short skirt suit. Along with the fashion from Designing Women and Rachel from Friends.

I have to say that I loved all of the ones you mentioned Suzy. Pretty much for the same reasons as well. Also, Joan Collins in Dynasty. Loved the way they were all put together.
    Suzy, looking at your avatar, I LOVE your classy look! You look marvelous!