Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV shows that were a must see as a young crossdresser

I'm a fan of the Donna Reed show...a fifties kinda show...love the hair styles and the dresses she always wore on every show. Also the daughter Mary as a teenager with her pretty skirts, blouses, and sweaters. Girls and women were quite feminine in their appearance back then. Showing my age!
    I also appreciate most of the other shows and women mentioned as well....good thread topic!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Gidget and Patty Duke; that was the life I thought I would be living.
    Note the sad announcement yesterday of Patty Duke's death. May she RIP.

Jodi

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Anne Francis in her TV series "Honey West" and can not leave out Anne in the sci-fi movie "Forbidden Planet". She definitely put the word "classy" in the dictionary.

And one more, who could forget those undies and slips of Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, and Betty Jo hanging from the side of the water tower in "Petticoat Junction". Even the dog had a pair of panties draped over the side.

And may Patty Duke RIP, a great actress.

Aspiring Member
    Electrawoman & Dynagirl from the old Sid & Marty Kroft. It only stayed on for a hot second in the late 70s but believe me I was all over it and could not wait for Saturday morning. I found a VHS of it a few years ago.

Didn't anybody here watch "Bosom Buddies" with Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari??

Aspiring Member
    ok way way back ,hr puff ans stuff > the hot nymphet fairy princess ? >>pixy << brown short hair yummy !

Mary Richards 70s wardrobe from Mary Tyler Moore was always one of my favorites. And yes Ginger and her gowns from Gilligan's Island were so sultry. I also loved Marcia Brady's short skirts from the Brady Bunch. And who could forget Cher's sexy gowns from the Sunny & Cher Show.
    Last edited by lainey; 04-01-2016 at 08:40 AM.

That Girl had an almost magical influence on me. I was sure I would grow up to be just like Marlo Thomas.
    Pamela Sue Martin as Nancy Drew.
    Cathy Lee Crosby was the first Wonder Woman and I adored her blonde hair.
    Dynasty and Dallas both drove me crazy with the beautiful outfits and hair that all the women wore.

No one mentioned Lost in space and Who's the boss.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I know this is going way back. But, my best memory of television for a young crossdresser is, Betty Boop Cartoons. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Charlie's Angels of course. I loved Kate Jackson, but really wanted to be Jaclyn Smith.
    But ... then there was Linda Carter as Wonder Woman. OMG what a figure and that outfit ...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

How about hart to hart Stephanie Powers dressed so beautiful and elegant.

Well, there is Princess Jellyfish.

Plot summary copy/pasted from wikipedia summarized it better than I.

"Tsukimi hopes to become an illustrator and is an awkward girl terrified of social interaction, attractive people and the prospect of formal work. The other tenants of Amamizukan are the same, being NEETs who refer to themselves as the "Amars" (nuns). Tsukimi meets the stylish Kuranosuke Koibuchi, the illegitimate son of a politician, who cross-dresses to avoid the obligations of politics and to feel closer to his mother. Tsukimi keeps the secret of his masculinity from her man-hating housemates, even as she is troubled by the intimacy of having a man in her room at times. Amamizukan's surrounding neighborhood is under threat of redevelopment, as opportunists aim to turn the quaint area into a more cosmopolitan region, with many of the buildings being demolished to make room for hotels and shopping centers."

I dont know about a "must see," but I enjoyed it and it probably got the ball rolling for me. It was on Netflix at one point.

I just remembered one, I was pretty young but still remember it.......how about "Love American Style". Wonderfully short dresses and skirts from the late sixties and early seventies. Laugh In was always fun to watch for the same reason. Goldie Hawn at her finest.

I'd like to add Barbara Bain as Cinnamon Carter on the Mission Impossible TV show and Peggy Lipton as Julie Barnes of Mod Squad.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Perry Mason, or as I think of it, "The Della Street Show." Barbara Hale's character was the most well-put-together character of the era.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by suit View Post
    lol think Mr. Drys-dales "secretary " was such a skinny bag of bones or just so total tightly girdled in that 1950 60's style she had the shape of a size 0 ?
    Jane Hathaway was played by Nancy Kulp (who was Tribe, by the way...)

DeeAnn

Here is one a little before my time. I am going to see if I can dig up a DVD or something. "How To Marry A Millionaire" Two seasons and fifty two episodes with Barbara Eden, Mary Anders, and Lori Nelson would be fabulous to watch. Here are the three stars reading what every self respecting millionaire hunter read, "Dun & Bradstreet".

Banned Read only
    OK, these have been mentioned but wow...Wonderwoman and Bewitched!!! A couple of my all time favorites!! I'm off to You Tube for some nostalgia...damn...clicked on Angry Birds...hey, a new level...😃
    Last edited by Robin414; 04-02-2016 at 01:34 AM.

I was too busy looking at the Sears catalog.

But if I had to pick a TV show, it would be a Saturday Night Live sometime in the mid 70s. Jane Curtin was doing the weekend update and ripped open her blouse to show her black bra.

That's my kind of TV!
    Last edited by Cara Lacey; 04-02-2016 at 02:43 AM.
    Cara

Banned Read only
    OMG Cara, you too!? Talk about a walk down nostalgia lane!

I'm a little on the young side on here so my shows mostly come from the 90's

I really liked Alley McBeal. I loved her cute skirt suits.

I admired Rachel's style from Friends.

Saved by the bell always had some cute outfits.

The ladies on Spin City were always immaculately dressed.

I would watch Jenny Jones and Ricky Lake hoping there would be a show about crossdressing, drag queens, or transgendered women.
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

Wonder woman, Charlie's Angels & The Love Boat were all favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    Didn't anybody here watch "Bosom Buddies" with Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari??
    This was a favorite of mine as well.

Aspiring Member
    growing up, one of my favourite shows was three's company. I was extremely attracted to the outfits that janet, Chrissy, cindy, and teri wore. In particular Janet, in the later episodes she would dress up in skirt suits (like a professional woman), and for me that is probably where I started my fascination with professional woman outfits.

Buffy the vampire slayer