Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you?

When did you?

When did you first concider yourself as a crosdresser?
    For me it was a couple of years ago.
    For as long as I can remember, I've been "playing with" and even made my first panties from scrap satin and lace with a sewing machine when I was around 10 but didn't concider myself a crossdressers.
    I'm just wondering, at what point did you girls think, I'm a crossdresser!

I did not even know the term but at the age of six was the first time fully dressed, lingerie, stuffed bra, pantyhose, dress and heels, mom had nice clothes. I did not know the actual term for what I was doing and really did not care, it was fun and I enjoyed it and still do to this day. I think I learned the term watching Bosom Buddies so 1980 or thereabouts.
    Last edited by Suzy Parker; 03-31-2016 at 09:30 PM.

I am going to say that I admitted it in December 2011 when I joined this site. Though I new for some time prior, maybe 40 years earlier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

A long time ago. since I have been dressing on and off for over 50 yrs its been a while. But I would guess it has been about 40 yrs since I accepted the fact that I am a cross dresser. I enjoy dressing in the clothing of the other gender. that is not to say I have been a well adjusted happy cd but I began to accept it 40+/- yrs ago and at this point once or thrice a month if I get out I am a happy infact if I get out to much I get tried of it. After 3 constant days of cding and I am done with it till the next time. I have spent several weeks cding just to see if I could do it. I could but I was really tried of it. the thrill was gone. I would rather save it and get a good day of dressing from casual mall dressing to blend to and an evening of high fashion glam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

When I was young the only thing I knew about was CD. When caught in the military, That is what I called it. It wasn't till after the military that I was able to explore it further. Came to realize that wasn't what my confusions were about. This was in the late 60s - early 70s.

Know many now, and there is no one way to be a CD. Just as there is NO one way to be a TG/TS.

I knew at age 5....wearing my grandmother's girdles and stockings....
    Im 40 years plus of dressing and I am transitioning over to Virginia-Mae 24/7 soon I hope

For me it was drama class in 9th grade. I volunteered to dress as a mom for a class skit. Skirt, pantyhose, pumps, wig. I can't even begin to describe the feeling as I got into "costume". Classmates laughed and I did too as it was all in good fun, right? I knew right then and there that some hidden passion inside of me came alive.

I’m not sure when I even heard of the term crossdresser. I seem to recall the term transvestite, however, when I was much younger. I never really gave it much thought, although I have wanted to get into female attire ever since I could remember. I began going out clothed in an androgynous way but would not have considered myself a crossdresser then. I probably never considered myself being under the term “crossdresser” until I came into contact with forums like this. Until then had just considered myself as being some kind of oddball, and that dressing up en femme was wrong somehow. Through the forums I realized I was part of a community and that for some men dressing up in female attire was natural, a way to express a female side they were born with. I felt immensely better and came to terms with dressing en femme. At that point I realized what a crossdresser was and became quite happy to consider myself as being one.
    Nowadays, I am not all that happy with the term crossdresser. Going out in female attire has become so natural to me that I just feel like I am merely wearing clothes that I am comfortable, relaxed, and at ease in, where I belong, so to speak. I am my real self when en femme. Crossdressing sounds like crossing the line society draws, making it unnatural, odd, or wrong somehow. It is most certainly not. I prefer the term "going out en femme" as a contrast to going out in drab.

Banned Read only
    I've honesty never considered myself a crossdresser...even when I first experimented in my 20's...I'd see an attractive woman and I thought 'I want to be WITH her and I think I want to BE her'. The be WITH her always won out, OK, I'm just a little kinky 😳

Now that I'm getting older and happily married the 'I want to BE her' is taking over the show 😉

I'm still not a crossdresser, I'm ME, thoroughly gender fluid, I wear makeup and women's jeans, shoes, etc and 'present' I guess as a GM. I often present as a woman too but I still don't think of it as crossdressing, I'm still just being me!

I guess by 'definition' I'm a CD but to answer the question, never have!

Tricky! I don't know if I have embraced the label/term of CD yet.
    My education into this world has previously based on social known's example: transvestite was Tim Curry's portrayal in Rocky Horror, I don't apply makeup or socialize in my lingerie nor do swing both ways, Tootsie and Mrs Doughtfire were about a man portraying being a woman (crossdressing), transsexuals have been portrayed as appearing female (boobs & facial features) but with male genitalia) , transitioned is just that no longer what we were when born ( except for the x&y's)
    I underdress so one part of me accepts the term onother does not. With learning and better education I might.
    This doesn't answer this post or maybe it does you can decide an I?
    Gina
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-02-2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: those phrases not allowed here

First time I saw Eddie Izzard and thought "Yep, I get that now." its taken another 15+ years To come to terms and "own it" though, even internally.

Language is indeed inadequate: "trans..." and "cross..."? No! The Greeks might have said "eaftos..." or "self". I think thats what a lot of us are saying.

Julia

I was convinced that I was a crossdresser as a young person, maybe seven or eight. But I also knew it wasn't something I could share with anyone. I finally did (more forced to share than volunteered) some 55 years later. Better late than never I guess

when I first put on stockings, garter belt and panties

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

For me it was a few years before I joined this forum.
    Before that I never really accepted the fact that I was a crossdresser.
    One I accepted that, life started to all make sense.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Non-binary/Questioning
    Just last year, though I'd been playing with my concept of my own gender in various ways (while not really recognizing that's what I was doing) for most of the last decade.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    probably around the year 2000, when i started dressing more on a regular basis, then it turned into everyday. These days i dont consider myself a crossdresser anymore, right now i feel more gender fluid, because i now dress everyday. It may not be in a sequin mini dress and high heels everyday, it may be just leggings , a tee, and combat boots, light makeup etc...I guess I found a spot where I am comfortable and accepted who and what i am....the fluidity works well too in public for daily activities, some days are just more amped up than others I guess

i had no concept of the name, or activity when i started trying on moms clothes pulled out of the hamper in the bathroom. that was in 1967, by '68 i remember sleeping in moms two piece bathing suit once or twice. Somehow, (really don't remember) had obtained a long line bra by '69, that i kept hidden in a wall vent. Now, 49 years later, I accept the name, the activity, and the enjoyment. Oh, and the wardrobe is fairly extensive!

As to the name, it wasn't until the advent of aol and dial up that i got a hint there were more like me, and we had a name for ourselves.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-02-2016 at 01:05 PM. Reason: no need to quote the OP

Thank you for all the replies. It's nice to know that others have had a similar progression. It's makes feel more comfortable knowing so many others are like me.
    Hugs

In school during health class I heard the term. My brain clicked; I realized that is it! There must be other people beside me that does this! I was one of millions! It felt great!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marsha leanne View Post
    i had no concept of the name, or activity when i started trying on moms clothes pulled out of the hamper in the bathroom.
    Mine's an almost exact ditto, except the hamper included the lingerie and clothing of my older sisters, too .. much prettier than mom's. It was my fetish time. I had never heard the term TV, until later years, and CD much later.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-02-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Even though I had been dressing since i was about 6 years old, I spent most of my life trying to suppress it. It wasn't until I joined this site back in January(2016) that I truly learned to accept who I was.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    For me it was pretty much right when I joined the forum here.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Probably when I joined here. Before that I only really new the term transvestite and I knew enough to know that by wearing female clothing what I was doing was something society scorned. Something to be keep a secret. Something to be utterly ashamed of.

Being here has given me not only a better understanding of myself but so much more confidence to carry on and progress my journey. It amazes me just how far I've come since 2010. If only I knew back when I was 25 years younger what I know now life could have been so much different.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 04-01-2016 at 07:07 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Hi Roxy, I have been in this program for 69 of my 73yrs., I don't really know when I figured out that I was a CDer.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Well Ive been this way since I was 4 or 5 to some degree, Ive denied it,hid it, fought it, tried to be what society expects, I finally came to terms with me when I joined here. I can tell you Ive never been happier.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"