Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If it was viewed as totally normal, would you still dress?

If it was viewed as totally normal, would you still dress?

Imagine a world where you could dress in any manner you wished. Crossdressing, nude, cosplay, or whatever. Would you still? Would the novelty wear off? Would you be thrilled or would the thrill be gone? Would you be in Heaven?

Silver Member
    Would there really be any crossdressers if there were no defined male and female dressing norms - everyone wears what they want?

Of course I would still dress en femme! The thrill would certainly not diminish one wit and I would still be in heaven. As I mentioned in another posting, I am not very happy with the term “crossdressing." It seems to have an odd, social connotation to it, like crossing line one should not really be drossing. No way.
    I dress en femme because I just love the clothes and that being en femme is the real me. I am dressing in my own clothes, clothes I find natural. Do we need a special term for this, like the old, horribly sounding term transvestitism? When in drab, I feel I am playing role, having to pretend that this is natural. It is not for me. When en femme there are no more pretenses and I am being just me. Heatherdress stated it correctly, “Would there really be any crossdressers if there were no defined male and female dressing norms - everyone wears what they want?” Perhaps there should not be any “crossdresser”, just people dressing the way they please.
    Last edited by PattyT; 04-01-2016 at 12:26 AM.

I would dress more. I love dressing, the adrenaline rush is not what I am after, the smooth pretty legs, skirts and pretty shoes are.

Banned Read only
    That's a very interesting post Stacey, I get where you're coming from! To the question though...I'd be in heaven, I'd go all in femme!! 😃

Yes I would wear a dress

Platinum Member
    That's an interesting question. I think the answer depends upon why you are wearing women's clothing in the first place. I don't mean how wearing women's clothing makes you feel, but, why women's clothing and not something else. If there is an underlying root cause driving you to be en femme, then, will that root cause be satisfied? If there is no distinction between the attire of a man and a woman, how would that affect me? Is it as simple as getting up in the morning and donning a dress, hosiery, heels, makeup, undergarments and feeling the same as grabbing a pair of slacks, a dress shirt and tie, Oxford shoes and black socks and tee shirt and underpants?

That's my dream, to be able to dress as I wish and for it to be normal. I would wear skirts and dresses more often.
    Last edited by Georgina; 04-01-2016 at 02:57 AM. Reason: changes

For me, it's all about the clothes. The feeling of being feminine. Wow, how cool would it be to be able to dress whenever I wanted.

Im afraid I'd probably dress feminine all the time and I could throw away all my men's clothes! Woo hoo!

In heaven for me. I have always envied the range of colors, fabrics and styles available to women, compared to the options open to men. In addition, there is no comfort comparison...women's clothes, in stretchy fabrics are infinitely more comfortable to the inflexible fabrics used in men' clothes. Give me stretchy jeggings over Levi's 501s any day.

Wow, that is a "no brainer" for me. I WOULD DRESS NO MATTER WHAT. ACTUALLY THEN IT WOULD BE ACCEPTED BY ALL. IF ONLY--------

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

No doubt I would dress more, Probably would be almost full time.
    Except for those times when I had to work. Then I would have to be in guy clothes.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Absolutely! For me it is not about being taboo, it's simply what I like to wear.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    It's about the comfort for me. Women's clothing just feels softer and more comfortable to me. I'd be in a short skirt all summer long!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I just love the look of dresses. But, CDing is as much a tactile experience as a look.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    For me it is not a "novelty". It would finally allow me to be free and be who I really am.
    Erica

I would not dress in lady stuff all the time. Working on and under the vehicle, i would still wear man stuff, or fishing, sports, man stuff, but dressup more often. In bitter cold weather, i doubt many will be nude, or in dresses. Insulated coveralls, over tights, and sweaters maybe. Practical.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I would dress mostly feminine or definitely with an unmistakable female form when wearing male clothing. And, OMG! The endless cosplay outfits! It would be Halloween every day!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Stephanie47 brings a good point. Comes down to why do we do it (or started) in the first place

If wearing gem clothes was a norm, would I experience the same thrill when I first tried my mom's outfit?

Not sure.

I think I would still love the leggings and a long shirt look though super comfy. Plus makes my butt and legs look super sexy lol (shallow statement I know).

My answer to the original "If it was viewed as totally normal, would you still dress?" question is a straightforward yes. It's not about how others view it, it's about what I choose to wear.

Karen

I would dress whatever way my little heart desired. Basically like I do now.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

In a world of gender neutral clothing there is no femme connotation to be gained (or lost) by what you wear. So, if your desire is to look/feel femme then you will need to find it elsewhere.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 04-01-2016 at 07:41 AM.

I would dress all the time, no pressure, no fear of ridicule, I could just be ME!

Yes I would. I'd love to wear a classic business suit with a satin blouse or a dress or skirt and blouse, always with heels.

Probably the same as I do now, femme always, masc. when necessary. Never nude though, old man body not so good looking.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.