Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If it was viewed as totally normal, would you still dress?

Yes, I would. I love the cloths and the feel. The freedom would allow me to enjoy being dressed without fear of others hurting me, if they saw me out in public.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Cross dressing is normal, and I go out when I like.

I thought it was normal and everyone else that did not crossdress was abnormal.

Yes, I would still dress or under dress.

@--}---
    Michelle

Definitely! Would probably dress fem full time.

Banned Read only
    Yea. I would own a lot of pairs high heels, Skirts & leggings.

Non-binary/Questioning
    I'd do it more, and in public.

Absolutely. Although I don't really see clothes as having a gender (no matter which side some fool has put the buttons on) it would mean it not being such a big deal going out and about I suppose. I would wear dresses more often I think. Oh, hrmm... if it weren't so hard, if it were acceptable, would I still feel the need to 'own' the look I have on or would I slack off? Would I start wearing baggy-kneed leggings and flats to go to the corner shop with my hair all messy and no face on? Oh, the very thought; the horror of complacency!

I would dress the same way I do know, as I want to. If that is a dress or leggings or coat and tie. It is what ever I feel like at the time

Richelle

Banned Read only
    Contrary to the vast majority who claim they would still "cross" dress or do so more often, I call bull.

If cross dressing were as accepted for men as wearing male clothes, a cross dresser would find something else to emulate the opposite sex. For most it is not about the taboo of cross dressing. One may find the clothes prettier, mor comfortable, whatever, but that's just a wrapping. If only women could wear burlap sacks, a cross dresser would wear burlap sacks!

heres the proof: we have a few member here from Arabic countries. Some wear a burka. That is the most un-feminine, un-pretty, uncomfortable looking attire I can imagine, but since ONLY women wear them, naturally a cross dresser from that environment would be interested.

Its not not about the clothes alone....

Complete no brainer. Would love the anticipation of going to bed and knowing that I don' t need to worry if I wanted to dress in skirts etc the next morning instead of catching dressing time here and there. But the daily wearing of skirt, heels etc would be great for a period of time , then I would possibly start dressing like most women in trouser's (which I try not to wear just now) etc.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I see it as normal, who cares what other people think, i cant live my life trying to fit into the little box society wants to put us all in. To me its pretty normal as it is.

Answer 1 yes I would. The question doesn't say there is no female attire only that I " could"
    No2 though I can't answer for the future I can for the past. For 40 years I have been underdressing and so far hasn't worn off.
    3. Being an underdresser the "thrill" is there every time every day that I do, maybe if socially accepted I would step it up to outerwear ; think 70's /80's glam shear silks rayons and lyrca (they feel good against same lingerie)
    4. As to being in heaven while dressed in my way I am in the best place on earth
    note to Jenniferathome but what do they wear under the burka? You are aware lingerie sales there are amongst the highest in the world per capita.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I would continue to dress. I don't dress because of what is going on in the world, the cultural mores, societies expectations. I dress because I find it is fun. I enjoy being OUT enfemme, the assembling of a wardrobe, putting the outfits together, the feel of the fabrics, the different sensations walking in a skirt in heels, the changes in my demeanor. I do it for me.

I would do it even if I was the only person left.

And dressing has made me happier as a guy because I choose to be a guy. Before I started CDing I was a guy by default. Never considered otherwise, just what was, was. Now I am a guy because I want to be a guy. I am happier being a guy because I know I don't have to be a guy. That I get to choose And I choose being a guy

So regardless of what everyone else is doing, CDing is too much fun to not be doing it.

I'm with Billie Jean on this one.

Jennifer, a couple quick points. You don't know what the people here think (unless you have a special power) and they may or may not dress. The ones who say they will may have a different agenda.

The other is, the dress you describe is found in countries that are not Middle East not "Arabic" also. Small sampling in any case because of other barriers they face in that environment.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    But I do have special powers. The power of objectivity.

I would be dressed everyday and be thrilled doing it. For work I would have to modify what I like to dress up in. A dress and heels don't work well in construction.

Banned Read only
    Yes, I believe most CDs would continue to dress, even if feminine clothes for men weren't a social taboo. There are a whole heap of masculine women who argue this would be the case, as well as butch lesbians and FTM trans men pre transition.

The existence of those individuals strongly argues that the drive to express your gender is invariant of social pressures.

Note: this assumes clothing isn't simply completely unisex, and that differences between male and female clothing and presentation still exists, but that people who do not follow those conventions aren't socially sanctioned for their presentation.

Aspiring Member
    If there were no male/female rules, I don't think you could call it crossdressing, however a short mini skirt would still be sexy and admired by both males and females. So yes, I would certainly still dress and be as pretty as possible.

I think Jennifer has a good point. I agree with her.

If we are asked that question now, of course almost all of us will say "yes". That is because the "yes" answer is based on the society imposed of male/female dress code since we were born. Now imagine if there is a society that the dress code is all permissive, then there is no difference or drive to wear that "female" cloth, because there is no "female" cloth to talk about.

Take for example, the cotton crew socks are "unisex", and can be worn by both male and female. There is no difference, and no discrimination or weird look if you wear cotton crew socks as male or female. As a result, there is no one went over and wanted so much about that cotton crew socks. It is just a piece of pragmatic daily wardrobe.

But when you talk about "tight" or "fishnet", that is a totally different story, right? What if "tight" is as common place as "cotton crew socks", like in Europe a few hundred years ago? I guess we have a prove.

Jennifer is right. It is not easy for us to look at things subjectively, especially on a such a emotionally charged topic like dressing.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

Sign me up. It sounds great!

Silver Member
    The OP did 'suggest' the option of wearing of female clothing by males as crossdressing, and as an acceptable choice of clothing for males by an accepting society. I would definitely dress femininely every day in whatever I chose. That would be just a clothing presentation. But, for those of us, CDs and TGs who would still want to present as FEMALES, we would have to wear our breast forms and, for those needing to, wigs. Would society still call that crossdressing, or would a totally female presentation, too, be acceptable under the new societal umbrella? Hummmm.
    Last edited by Jenny22; 04-01-2016 at 03:20 PM.

for me i would assume that if it were normal and accepted the manufactures and stores would only sell clothes, it would not be a mens dept or a womens dept. anymore it would be the clothes dept..
    just as you have appliances, seasonal, electronics, household, tools say.....as it stands now there are no womens or mens specific label for those other departments but they surely carry items in those that women or men favor.

so for me i like the way these clothes look and i found myself attracted to wanting that look so i will say i would wear more own more and that would result in dressing more....not good with the nude dept. myself but if it was like suggested normal i can see more folks embracing that and cosplay more also....

when i walk thru the store i wanted to wear the other clothes in the store, i was six, seven, years old, but i will go even further with this and say that i have some things now that i may not have went for, forms and bras i would not have had a need for, wig and makeup.
    when younger i had no need for those and although i enjoy them now as i needed them to help me blend i acquired them.

so in that scenario i would be just wearing my clothes and i may have grown up with a more androgynous look in the beginning and may not have felt the need to have those other things i perhaps would have just been a pretty man....because it was normal....
    Last edited by mykell; 04-01-2016 at 03:52 PM. Reason: second thought
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Quote Originally Posted by Annajose View Post
    I would dress more. I love dressing, the adrenaline rush is not what I am after, the smooth pretty legs, skirts and pretty shoes are.
    It would be nice to be able not worry what society thinks, having this site to express your thoughts and to read other gurl's stories has really helped me to feel comfortable about my self when I dress.I love dressing too , and for me the pretty legs , skirts , sexy clothes, bra's to showcase your breasts to define your body is really a turn-on for me.Devone