Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If it was viewed as totally normal, would you still dress?

Hmm. OK. So it was said:"If there were no male/female rules, I don't think you could call it crossdressing, however a short mini skirt would still be sexy and admired by both males and females. So yes, I would certainly still dress and be as pretty as possible."
    Which rather brings us back to the question of "why?"

As to that, I like to dress so as to express my femininity. If dressing itself were to be gender-neutral then I suspect I would need/want to do "more" to express that gender identity thang. As it is, I get my kicks from wearing a dress. If that were not enough, then what would i do? I suspect it would be determined by the technology of the time. I know that I would love to experience THE WHOLE THING, warts and all, but I might well want to reserve the right to change back just as easily. Should this be a big deal? No!
    Not all of us grow up to be the man we once thought we might become.

My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night. But Ah, my friends, and Oh my foes, It gives a lovely light.

If it was normal

Absolutely, because it would remove the one barrier that prevents me now

I really don't know. If it were normal that might take away the whole reason I dress en femme. I don't really even know the reason I became a CD. All I have are theories.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

That sounds awesome. I'd be a lot more open about CDing. Some days I'd go all out in a dress and heels, but on most days I'd be wearing my ballet flats, and have my bra straps exposed
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Everyday i would be finally free to express whoi am

In 1 word, Yes. In a more term Id definitely be enjoying all my clothes , boots, shoes in public.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

In a heartbeat

Silver Member
    If it were considered "normal" I'd probably be dressed in public as much as 2/3 of the time. Right now,I'm limited by the comfort level of my wife, who says she accepts me but doesn't want me to be seen in public.

I sure don't do this for the sake of novelty. I also don't do to attract attention. That's actually the opposite of who I am. I prefer to fly under the radar, as it were, but my need to express my femininity trumps that urge.

Wait...
    You're proposing a world in which any form of attire is viewed as normal and everyone is free to express themselves...

...and you are asking if I would crossdress?

The better question would be how much would I crossdress

It's not about breaking societal norms or shock value. It's about me allowing a repressed side of me to be free.
    To be able to do this without fear or judgement would be like heaven!
    Samantha -x-

I think dresses are so cool so I think I would.
    Maybe less makeup, just a light foundation.
    At special events such as weddings, all the guys basically dress the same but the women do their best not to wear something someone else is wearing.
    Plus the makeup can really improve their looks.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Yes!!!!!!!!! Even more

Banned Read only
    I also believe if this really happened, a lot more CDs would transition.

Yes!!! probably even more.

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    Yes. I dress for myself, not for the other people.
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

It wouldn't change my life. I get no thrill by crossdressing. I get no high from it. There's no novelty to it, that wore off almost 50 years ago. I've become used to wearing my male clothing when going out for work or errands, simply looking at it as my work uniform.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Like most I would dress more, probably be 24/7.

The perfect world!!!!!!!!

If were considered normal I would be dressed 24-7. For me that would make the world perfect no more hiding and everyone excepting hope the future goes that way if not for me but all you younger that deserve to be free and not judged Hugs DonnaP

I'm not sure I have the imagination for "totally normal". If it were, would the binary constructs be gone too? And... if the constructs are gone, then wouldn't everyone just be dressing in clothes without gender markers?

I think the answer is yes, I'm just not sure anyone else would have a concept what a "man" or "woman" is, so is this t just feminine or masculine behavior?

I need wine to think this through...

Yes, indeed, I would- and it would only make it easier.

Whose normal ? Everyone has their own normal. I dress to please me, and no one else...so that is my normal !

I love feminine beauty. I absolutely would be spending most of my time in girl mode and I would be dressed much nicer than a lot of the women I see today.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Contrary to the vast majority who claim they would still "cross" dress or do so more often, I call bull.

If cross dressing were as accepted for men as wearing male clothes, a cross dresser would find something else to emulate the opposite sex. For most it is not about the taboo of cross dressing. One may find the clothes prettier, mor comfortable, whatever, but that's just a wrapping. If only women could wear burlap sacks, a cross dresser would wear burlap sacks!

heres the proof: we have a few member here from Arabic countries. Some wear a burka. That is the most un-feminine, un-pretty, uncomfortable looking attire I can imagine, but since ONLY women wear them, naturally a cross dresser from that environment would be interested.

Its not not about the clothes alone....
    A burqa is worn by millions of women around the world as part of their religious beliefs and customs. It is probably not a good example to use in a crossdressing discussion, describe as un-feminine and un-pretty and suggest it is naturally used by crossdressers.

Banned Read only
    I wouldn't, I only present as a woman to freak people out! I look like a chic but when people start a conversation "OMG, it's Batman under cover, I'm outta here 😲 !"

Honestly, I'd fall back on manerisms, I kinda think I'd still be a chic if I were completely naked 😉

I would love to be able to wear what I want when I want and where I want. Maybe I would not feel the same if Society looked upon crossdressing differently. But I firmly believe that there is a woman trapped inside of me and from time-to-time needs to express herself. As I write this I am fully dressed with makeup and feel very good inside .fortunately I have the next few days to let my feminine self out for exercise. I totally enjoy these moments of freedom. unfortunately most of the what ifs are just that what if . We need to use the times that we have and enjoy them I know I do

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Contrary to the vast majority who claim they would still "cross" dress or do so more often, I call bull.

If cross dressing were as accepted for men as wearing male clothes, a cross dresser would find something else to emulate the opposite sex. For most it is not about the taboo of cross dressing. One may find the clothes prettier, more comfortable, whatever, but that's just a wrapping. If only women could wear burlap sacks, a cross dresser would wear burlap sacks!

Its not not about the clothes alone....
    Basically, this is my comment back at #7. Oh, how I love the feel of nylon. I'm totally addicted. Yes, the fabric of my dresses is wonderful too. The hosiery on my legs is exquisite. The wig? My male head is losing too much. Why the wig if it is just the clothing....colors, fabrics, etc? Even in my solitary existence, alone at home, why the charade if it is "just the clothes."

When my wife and I had "THE TALK," she already knew I loved the feel of nylon, and, she tried accommodating my nylon "fetish" with large pieces of nylon fabric draped over my body while in the "bedroom." It was not the same. But, she asked a good question.

"Why would a man who has nothing to stuff into a bra wear a bra?" I couldn't answer the questions.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 04-03-2016 at 01:59 AM.